Trying to Naturally Induce Labour!!!

sarahrae11

1 Little Boy - 21-04-11
Reaction score
:wacko::wacko:I have been given the go ahead from the Midwife to try things at home to induce labour. I am 37 weeks. I had my DS at 38 weeks, and the Midwife does not want me going past 39 weeks. However, I want to avoid being medically induced with Pitocin or anything else they might give me in a hospital. I had a horrible experience with it the first time around.

So far I have done the following to try and get things moving..
-Pineapple (Alot) - IN BOTH SMOOTHIES AND BY ITSELF
- Red raspberry leaf tea (2-3 times daily)
- Evening Primrose Oil tablets - 2 orally per day
- Blue cohosh (homeopathetic tabs placed under tongue)
- Sex
- Even put castor oil in a smoothie (2 tlbps) - Did hardly anything?

Yesterday I began having Braxton Hicks after sex, pineapple, walking, and they did not go away, it was literally consistent every 4-5 minutes from 4:00pm - 1:00 am ... regardless of how many times I changed position. Sitting, standing, squatting, laying down, on all fours.. etc.

I tried to ignore them, but they did get a bit stronger. They got to the point where I couldn't sleep through them and it was harder to focus on other stuff. :sleep:

I know the general rule of thumb is if they go away or don't change majorly intensity then they aren't the real deal.. and I admit, they finally went away.. but MY GOD:blush:- They could've fooled me I was seriously questioning everything I knew.. they were stronger then any braxton hicks I have ever had.. and very consistent. I also had the dull lower back ache to go with it everytime I got one.:growlmad:

Has ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS, IF SO.. SHARE YOUR STORY!!!!:hugs:

I'm trying to!

So far I've tried walking,
been drinking RLT since about 36 weeks (although mostly because I'm probably the only person in the world who loves the stuff!)
I've been taking EPO orally and vaginally, although not every night/day
I ate two whole pineapples yesterday
Loads of bouncing on my ball
I would be trying sex but my OH just isn't keen :(

after eating two pineapples yesterday (I love pineapple but that much was yak!) and inserting 3000mg of EPO I woke up 4 times through the night with seriously painful BH with bad back ache, I had to get out of bed and stand up to deal with the pain. They were seriously agonising, and I've usually got a high pain threshold, but these scared me silly for the real deal. By the time I woke up this morning they were just back to my normal irregular BH.

Hopefully its a good sign of our bodies gearing up and means baby wont be long!

Tbh its my OH that's more sick of waiting than I am. He was banging on about castor oil yesterday and thinks it will be the key to bringing on labour because his barber recommended it to him and said it worked with both of her kids! Very grateful to her for telling him that.

I actually used CASTOR OIL with my son, and the second time I used it.. it worked!!! The first time I took 2 tbsp... I was about 37 weeks 5 days... I got a bit of diarhea.. nothing unbearable. Then the cramping turned into contractions.. they eventually faded off.

The second time, I took 3 tbsp.. it was about 4 days later.. and sure enough.. a bit more diarhea, (but I was kind of thankful for this because it cleaned the pipes for delivery so NO accidents on the table):happydance: - After the cramping from the diarhea.. it turned into contractions, they started off like BH but turned into the real deal!!!! :winkwink:

My son was born the next morning!! :kiss:

- Took castor oil twice in the last 48 hours.. and the first time no cramping, nothing.. just a BM - and some BH.... yesterday morning I took it in a smoothie for the second time and upped the dosage.. no results until like 10 hours later which apparently CAN happen. I had some cramping and a TINY bit of diarhea.. and then voila.. the strong BH came on and lasted FOR HOURS.. :thumbup:

So I feel like I definitely made some progress with it.. I am getting checked tomorrow by my midwife so I am going to see if it helped me dilate at all. Last week I was not dilated and closed/firm....

I tried castor oil a week ago and it gave me false labor that tapered off (but was super convincing!) two days ago I tried 3TBS in a smoothie and it did nothing at all! Didn't even make me poop!

I've been taking EPO, bouncing on a birthing ball and I'll try sex later tonight. I have a dr appt in the morning and I'm hoping for some progress!!

I had reflexology done to induce labor and lost my mucous plug the following day. My son was born the day after that. Good luck!

Mix the following and chug:

2tbsp castor oil
2tbsp almond nut butter (or any pure nut butter)
1 cup pure fruit juice/nector (apricot nector is recommended but I used unfiltered apple juice and it did the trick!)
1tbsp lemon verbena (I could not find this and the concoction still worked)

Blend it all up together for a few seconds and chug it back!

I know about 10 babies born within 24 hours of momma taking this concoction (including one of my own!)

GL ladies!

I had acupuncture on Friday and had my baby on Sunday morning. Lots of walking and bouncing on the ball. RLT 2-4 cups a day.

Ladies who have tried castor oil... totally stupid question for you here.

I bought a little bottle offline and it says 100% castor oil but then also says on the bottle for external use only. Have I totally bought the wrong thing or do they all say that?

Was going to be brave and try a little but I'm thinking I might just keep it for my hair now!

I think the pros and cons of taking castor oil is definitely not worth it.

I would say walking, lots of bouncing and sex. I found they worked for me. But baby will only come if it's ready which you probably already know xx

I've decided I'm not going to. Instead I will have fabulously soft shiny hair from it!

My mum's friend is a midwife and recommended it and using my breast pump to stimulate my nipples so I tried the breast bump last night and ouch that hurt! Felt like someone had nipped and twisted them really hard. My OH has decided sex is off the cards as well.
Just gunna do a lot of walking and be patient :)

I've decided I'm not going to. Instead I will have fabulously soft shiny hair from it!

My mum's friend is a midwife and recommended it and using my breast pump to stimulate my nipples so I tried the breast bump last night and ouch that hurt! Felt like someone had nipped and twisted them really hard. My OH has decided sex is off the cards as well.
Just gunna do a lot of walking and be patient :)

Apparently my husband has decided "sex is off the cards as well"...:growlmad: I'll remember that when he needs a *eh hem* favor. I guess him knowing my INTENTIONS for having sex isn't a turn on for him. He wants me to actually WANT him lol. Let's see how much desire he has walking around 90% larger than one is used to and every body part aches and cramps. I just want his help to get HER OUT. Haha. Oh well, I have a two story home, so the stairs it is!!!

Can you imagine if us women only had sex when we were fully in the mood and seduced?! This site would only have 1/3 of the members it does now.
I think mine is the same, and to be quite honest who has time for that?! I'd be too exhausted to have sex if I had to spend half an hour getting him in the mood as well.

I don't even have a 2 story house, I live in a bungalow! 😣 gunna get squatting and doing jumping jacks!

haha right? I mean you obviously him when he helped make him/her so why can't that be enough to help you get him/her out so that you can get back to the "wanting" him lol?

Thankfully, even though I'm horribly covered in a nasty ugly rash along with a fat belly and swollen everything DH is still game for sex (which I have not been) so we are going to be dtd, i'll be walking/cleaning the house as much as I can which is not a lot cause I can barely walk, i'll be continuing to eat pineapple, bounce on my exercise ball, using my breast pump, and will be doing my best to sit up or stand instead of laying down in hopes gravity will help pull her out.

not sure if I've missed anything. I don't want to take anything it kind of weirds me out. oh and warm baths helped my mom (I've read that its helped other women too) because it helps your body and muscles "relax" which somehow help baby move on out.. idk I mean I love warm baths and was taking them everyday until I got puppps- now I have to freeze myself because any kind of warmth makes me itch :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->