Tryvonne vs Zimmerman

ahcigar1

Happy Mother of 1
Reaction score
I am sure many of you have heard the case of Tryvonne (sp?) and Zimmerman in Florida. I was just wondering what your theories and thoughts were on the case and the evidence on hand?

Here is my theory of what happened that night:

Tryvonne was walking home from the 7-eleven and noticed Zimmerman following him.

Tryvonne starts running to get away which is when Zimmerman got out of his car to go after him (even though got told repeatedly not to by the dispatcher on 911 call).

Zimmerman catches up to Tryvonne.

Tryvonne in fear having a grown man at night chasing after him attacks Zimmerman (resulting in zimmerman saying he shot in Tryvonne due to beating he recieved).

Zimmerman shoots Tryvonne for 'attacking' Zimmerman.

I think that this is what ultimately happened that night and why the police can't see it baffles me. It matches with all evidence that has come forward on both sides, and is the only logical conclusion.

So the question is, is Zimmerman innocent or guilty? What do you think and why? Please keep this peaceful and race out of it. I'm tired of the racist blame for everything. I don't care if someone is black, brown, white, or pink. I don't look at color, only the evidence available.

I think the media really twisted this story. The classic photo of Trayvon shown all over the news was when he was some innocent looking 13 year old kid....a 4 year old photo!! He was 17! And the "mug-shot" of Zimmerman, widely shown in the media, was an old photo as well...during an old case that Zimmerman was found innocent for.

I'm sick of the whole race thing as well. If this were a black person shooting a white teen in the middle of the night, we all know it would never make the national headlines... And the fact that the Black Panthers, a black civil rights group, can have a $10,000 bounty on Zimmerman's head is okay?! If it were a white group who had a bounty on a black person's head, people would be screaming KKK!

I'm not sure of the whole story because the media is so incredibly distorted, so I really can't say if Zimmerman is innocent or guilty, but these are just my thoughts about the whole thing.

At the end of the day zimmerman should of waited for police (like he was told to by them anyway) what need did he have to go chasing the young boy and then shoot to kill....?

so sad. its wrong all wrong and i hope they get justice. x

A young life was taken needlessly, to me 17 is still a child. I don't think we will ever know all the circumstances around it and I'm not sure how much that matters, a life was taken and that is always wrong. I hope the campaign for justice lives to the cause of justice and not treat his death inhumanely by using it for other causes, that would be really disrespectful to the poor boy, he was an individual with his own views and values and his death shouldn't be used to project those of others.

Not going to go into race at all, this is about a 17 year old teenager being killed, no unarmed kid should be murdered, period!

The main issue for me is the 911 call, the dispatcher tells Zimmerman not to follow him and he does this anyway. Why didn't he just take his description and wait for police?

Not going to go into race at all, this is about a 17 year old teenager being killed, no unarmed kid should be murdered, period!

The main issue for me is the 911 call, the dispatcher tells Zimmerman not to follow him and he does this anyway. Why didn't he just take his description and wait for police?

Agreed, you forgot though he was armed with a bag of skittles.

What I also don't understand is how anyone could think that a teenager could take and hold down a grown larger adult man. I don't know any teenager who could have done that.

Sadly I think this is one of those cases that no one will ever know the full truth of.

Coming from a police officer's daughter, you're never going to get the whole story. The media is going to play every angle they can.

A similar thing happened in the Bay Area. A BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) officer accidentally shot instead of tazed a man. Everyone said it was because the man was black and he was being targeted, blah blah blah. My dad found out that the man was a gang member and a drug dealer that had tried to run and resisted arrest.

Coming from a police officer's daughter, you're never going to get the whole story. The media is going to play every angle they can.

A similar thing happened in the Bay Area. A BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) officer accidentally shot instead of tazed a man. Everyone said it was because the man was black and he was being targeted, blah blah blah. My dad found out that the man was a gang member and a drug dealer that had tried to run and resisted arrest.

Was the man a 17 year old teenager carrying a bag of skittles, walking home from the store? I don't think this is the same situation, even with all the disputed information the main thing that sticks is the recorded 911 call that clearly shows Zimmerman was told not to follow the teen. Yet he did it anyway.

You're still never going to know the whole story. I promise.

You're still never going to know the whole story. I promise.

That's true, but question - in your example, how do you get a taser confused with a gun?

I also think some facts are not relevant, what they will come up and say he got a couple of Fs in school so he was a bad kid and deserve to be killed?

Here's my take on it. Trayvon was a teenager who may have had a problem with authority, like many teenagers. Zimmerman was a type A personality, wanna-be cop, who saw himself as an authority.

It's my understanding that Trayvon was 6' 2", taller than Zimmerman, but they were about the same weight.

Zimmerman shouldn't have followed the teenager. They shouldn't have gotten into a fight. Trayvon should never have been shot. Cooler heads could have prevailed, but obviously didn't.

A THOROUGH investigation is needed, but like Ozzieshunnie said, I don't think we'll ever get the whole story.

I do think the media has been very irresponsible in following this case though by using a picture of Trayvon from when he was a child instead of a teenager, that's manipulation of their viewers to get a response. I also think that race is the only reason why this has been such a big story. If it had been a black man who killed Trayvon, would the media have picked it up like they have?

Honestly this just makes me sad, my son is my baby at 17 he is still my baby and to think that some people feel it is ok that someone's baby was killed just because of appearance. It just sucks.
If anyone tries to attack you, you should fight back, this crosses race, sex and age lines for me because some people are just vicious. But Zimmerman was not stalked and attacked - he stalked Trayvon. That was confirmed from the evidence that we do have, what happened in between Zimmerman approaching him and his death, as Ozzie said we may never know the whole story.
But it seems the interaction could have been avoided if Zimmerman followed the 911 operators instructions.

I will say that 911 tapes are often edited as well for the media because the police don't want to compromise an ongoing investigation.

In regards to the BART situation, it was poor training. He said, "Taser, taser, taser" so they knew he was thinking he was doing that and he accidentally pulled his gun. People were saying though that he was against black people and he meant to shoot him and blah blah blah. Because of the riots, my dad almost had to go over there. The mass mentality can be very dangerous and people don't often think about the trouble they cause for law enforcement when they don't know the whole story and feed off of the media.

I think most of the information should never have been put out there for the media till a FULL and THOROUGH investigation was done.

I will never understand how one human being can kill another and walk free.. no questions asked.

I will say that 911 tapes are often edited as well for the media because the police don't want to compromise an ongoing investigation.

In regards to the BART situation, it was poor training. He said, "Taser, taser, taser" so they knew he was thinking he was doing that and he accidentally pulled his gun. People were saying though that he was against black people and he meant to shoot him and blah blah blah. Because of the riots, my dad almost had to go over there. The mass mentality can be very dangerous and people don't often think about the trouble they cause for law enforcement when they don't know the whole story and feed off of the media.

Someone lost their life due to 'poor training' and the public shouldn't be angry? Just don't get that at all!

Some people are anti-media like all newsies are rags telling lies but we all know that isn't the case, like not all officers are trigger happy control freaks and not all doctors are money hungry and uncaring. I don't know why it is assumed that the media screws up information so much, I am sure if it was so off kilter wouldn't the accused sue?

I suppose it really only makes sense if you understand how the media portrays crime in regards to criminal activity.

You won't know the full story because Trayvon is dead, not because of the police. As far as I'm concerned Trayvon will never have justice. His body sat in the morgue for three days unidentified because no one bothered to canvas the neighborhood to figure out why he was there. No one even looked into his phone to call the last number that was dialed. At the end of the day this kid was targeted because of some guy who thought he was the long arm of the law when he wasn't. He claimed to be neighborhood watch but every single organization in this country specifically states that you do not carry a gun on watch. You are the eyes and ears of the neighborhood and you CALL THE POLICE if there is trouble. You don't take the law into your own hands.

There was not a thorough investigation the night of the crime because someone in the upper courts (DA's office) told the police to stop. They wanted to investigate but were told to hold off. Someone is protecting Zimmerman.

Stories like this also are why there is such a bad portrayal of Americans. I promise you that we are not all gun-toting vigilantes. I don't own a gun and never will. I also wouldn't want to strip anyone the right to own guns because there are very legitimate reasons to own them if you live in rural areas. I wish it were harder to get a gun in the states, but unfortunately right now all you have to do is wait for a two week holding period while your background check is cleared.

I agree you won't get the full story until there is a trial and thankfully that is now going to take place. Xx

It's a terrible situation. A real shame it wasn't investigated thoroughly the night it happened. A lot of time has passed now and evidence has been lost and recollections aren't as fresh. Anytime an unarmed person is shot and killed there should be a full investigation. If an actual police officer had shot an unarmed person, he would have been suspending pending an internal investigation and yet this was instantly pushed to the side.

I have no idea what really happened that night and I agree we have been manipulated by misleading photos and information by people who want to use the situation.

I just hope a fair an equitable trial can be had. Things have gotten so heated now that I fear the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->