TTC 1 - 1st cycle - new to BabyandBump

Sorry to hear it. :( AF is due in 3 days so I'm sure I'll join you soon.

How have you been tracking O? Are you temping or OPKs or period apps?

I hope you get your bfp. I just go by my cm and use apps. But I'm gonna try some things differently this cycle.

Yeah that's what I've been using so I think its time to switch it up. I don't think temping will work for me though. My sleep schedule is so erratic that I wouldn't have a baseline

Temping wouldn't work for me either so I'm not going to try that. I'm thinking about getting some Ovulation tests but I don't know it might turn me into a poas addict :haha: So ill just follow my cm make sure I drink plenty of water and take my vitamins like I'm supposed to which I didn't this cycle.

I'll probably end up as a POAS addict but at least I'll know ya know? I need to get better about my vitamins as well.

True at least you'll know. I wasn't gonna poas until I was late. So I really have a 3ww.

Im not that strong. My test date is the day before my period is due. How long are your cycles?

This cycle was only 27 days and my cycles are normally 28-30 days long. So I was worried I didn't have a long enough luteal phase for implantation to happen.

My cycles are normally 25-28 days so I understand. This cycle (cause AF started hard and heavy today. Yay! :/ ) was only 25 days so my expected days of ovulation were thrown completely off. What day did you call O day this cycle? I figured it was CD 15 according to a couple apps I use.

I took my first OPK test today on CD 8. Stark white so maybe we've been trying on the wrong days. My apps think my fertile window starts tomorrow and expected O is the 11th. We'll see how that matches up. How are you doing?

I had my first insem last sunday then I got sick :dohh: but I am gearing up to O over the weekend so it could go either way...how are you Allie?

I'm sorry you were sick. How many insems are you going to try to do each cycle?

I think previous cycles listening to the apps has been hurting us. Cause one app thinks I should be ovulating tomorrow but my OPK taken yesterday was very faint. Ill take another one today and I'm going to wait for it to get darker before we start inseming.

I also got some new vitamins and got the hubs some as well. FX

Hi I'm not new to the site but I'm new to ttc it's our first cycle to I'm cd17 so 3 dpo

Welcome MissWaiting!
FX first time is the charm for you! How did you track O this cycle?

I have 2 apps one called p tracker I've used for years it just goes off my cycles but now ive switched it to trying to conceive i can put a few other things in there to to help track and I use natural cycles although the past 2 months I've been awful taking my bbt so need to get back into it just been to busy and to many insomnia nights.
I have opks but they confuse me so thinking of buying some different ones. They came with my bbt thermometer but show 2 lines even if its negitive so never know really unless it's a strong positive so trying to figure out which ones to buy next

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to show 2 lines, even if its a faint negative. Our bodies produce LH even when we're not ovulating so its picking up on that. When we ovulate the levels can increase like 5x as much and that's what causes you to get the darker line and a positive OPK.

I haven't tried doing BBT but I know one of the apps I use called Ovulation Calendar allows you to track if you've had sex, taken a prenatal vitamin, BBT, what type of CM you have, what position your cervix is in (which I don't know how to tell), if you've gotten a positive OPK, etc. It apparently compiles all of that you tell you when your fertile window is. Its also nice to look at the calendar and see when you've ovulated and what days you've BD in relation to that.

Yea the natural cycles let's me add in bding bbt opk and pregnancy tests and p tracker lets me add cm and all sorts of other stuff. I'm only just starting to track cm as I wasn't sure what I was looking for with it but just found out and yea I'm in the same boat with cervical position I just don't know what I'm looking for.
Yea I'm really not hopeful for this cycle at all I've some weird symptoms but I had symptoms last cycle when we weren't ttc but I've a couple of new ones so far on top but I'm not going to get my hopes up just going to wait till af and if that doesn't come I'll get testing

Allicat- I try to do 4 or more insems per cycle. Unfortunately I only did 1 this cycle because I got a new job and my donor went on vacation.

Misswaiting- Welcome :flower: and I hope it doesn't take any of too long to conceive.

How you doing ladies? Sorry I haven't been on lately. My family came to visit for a week and I test June 30th and a BFN so I've been a little bleh lately. This month hubby hasn't really been cooperating in the insem process so I may have 1 or 2 insems at the right time. Sigh.

Anyway, I thought I would make us a little like Q & A thing to help pass the time!

Current CD: CD 8
Test Date: 7.22
What are you doing to help boost your chances: Using OPKs (kinda, started using them again today) and taking prenatals and vit D every day
What random thing are you looking forward to/want to happen with your future child: Watching hubby teaching them to cook! Hubs loves to cook and play with spices and I hope my child inherits that love.
What not pregnancy related thing are you doing to keep your mind happy? I've been playing with watercolor painting and pretty planning in my bullet journal/Happy Planner
Any other news? We took a tour of an apartment building not too far from our jobs this week and are considering moving around Christmas time

Baby dust to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->