TTC #1 and looking for emotional support

Sarah Wood

Reaction score
I have never done anything like this but have found myself in a place looking for support. My husband and I have been ttc for almost two years and this summer began the preliminary testing for infertility. Everything has checked out okay for the both of us and other than a few emotional periods, I felt like I've handled everything okay. We are beginning the first step of estradiol and clomid in addition to HSG this month. I felt like I was still very positive about everything until last night when I physically picked up the medication. Since then I can't seem to turn off the tears. I'm overwhelmed with the feeling of failure, like my body couldn't do what it was supposed to do. Now, I know many women go through much more for much longer to conceive, so I feel like a weak big baby about crying this hard. The husband tries to be supportive with annoying comments like "cheer up", which I find makes me cry harder. I guess what I'm looking for here is other people to cry with through this very scary, anxiety ridden journey. I knew it would be emotional but I wasn't prepared for the wall that hit me last night looking at the medication. I just want to know it's okay to be sad sometimes. Well whatever comes of this thread, I do feel a bit better getting that out :)

Hi and welcome to BabyandBump :)
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Best wishes :hugs:

DH and I have been ttc off and on (work travel) for a long time. I have definitely been through waves of what you are feeling. For me they come and go. I feel like the emotions get easier to process over time. I have gotten to a point where I am just grateful to have a wonderful DH who supports me and is doing this life along side me. We are going to our first IVF appt this week and I can honestly say the earlier treatments (hsg, clomid, IUI) were harder emotionally than preparing for this one. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing you are not along and that hopefully one day it will be better. For now feel those feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->