TTC #1 and over 30

That's great zp!! :happydance::happydance:

Goldfish - good luck for tomorrow!

zp that's super exciting, I have never had a positive opk so I know I would be just as excited :)

good luck with your appointment tomorrow goldfish :)

ZP - yay! such a good feeling to get a positive *something* isn't it!!

Baking - looks like you may have O just 1 day after me so let's hang out in the TWW together!

I have my first fertility appt tomorrow...nervous but kinda excited.

Yay, tww buddies! :) Good luck at your appt, Goldfish! :hugs:

Yay for a positive opk, zp! I was excited about my positive opk this month too!

Yay for +ve opk I have never had a full +ve just close :dohh: so I would be excited too

GL Goldfish

I'm back from my fertility appt - normally I don't log on to BnB during work hours but I'm working from home today and I'm so excited I wanted to update you all :) Appt went really well - the doctor is recommending IVF and sent me away to have blood tests. Now I just have to fill out some forms and wait for the NHS (UK public health system for those outside the UK) funding to come through. I was shocked how quickly the next step *could* happen (pending funding, blood test results etc), I really thought they'd do more tests before recommending IVF. Fingers crossed!

I'm back from my fertility appt - normally I don't log on to BnB during work hours but I'm working from home today and I'm so excited I wanted to update you all :) Appt went really well - the doctor is recommending IVF and sent me away to have blood tests. Now I just have to fill out some forms and wait for the NHS (UK public health system for those outside the UK) funding to come through. I was shocked how quickly the next step *could* happen (pending funding, blood test results etc), I really thought they'd do more tests before recommending IVF. Fingers crossed!

Yay, so happy that your appointment went well! :happydance::happydance:
Maybe we can be IVF buddies :hugs: Did they give you a timeline for how long it could take for the funding to come through? I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm thinking that we might do IVF in May or June (depending on some results, and which clinic we'll go with).

Yay, goldfish! So excited that the appt went well and that you could do ivf very soon. :) Hope you won't need it though but glad it's there if you do. :hugs:

And auca, excited that you may have ivf in May or June. :)

Auca - would love to be IVF buddies (though would prefer to be bump buddies...)! The hospital I'm at has no waiting list for IVF so it's just a matter of the funding coming through as the doctor thinks I should have no trouble getting it since I pretty much meet the prerequisites... though my BMI is a bit low so he um, fudged my number a little. He did warn me that I have to try and put on weight by the time IVF starts as they will weigh me again and they might not let me start until I get to their minimum BMI. Bah! I've been trying to put on weight for years and not much luck!!

So it could happen quite quickly, but depends how long it takes to get NHS funding?

Exciting news Goldfish however I hope you get your BFP before that funding comes through - it is the way these things work no :wacko:

yay goldfish and auca :)

i'm doing iui this cycle and it is costing me $3,500. I can only afford to do one round and will be in debt! ivf here costs $20,000....

Oh my gosh horsey lots & lots of :dust: that the iui works :hugs:

Wishing you all the best for your IUI horsey!!! :hugs::hugs:
20k is crazy :wacko: I think here it's about 15k or so for one cycle, depending on the clinic. It really irritates me that there is no funding for IVF/IUI in North America, but that's another topic...

Horsey - can't believe how much IVF costs over there, that's crazy!! I think it's about half of that here in the UK if you go private (don't quote me but I read it somewhere). The public health system is pretty good here, depending on which area you live in you usually get 1 free round of IVF if you fulfil their criteria, and some get more than 1.

Anyway sending you all my wishes for a BFP!!

Horsey - many people have success with just one cycle of IUI - fingers crossed for you girl!!

Hope everyone's doing well - I've had the flu and been down and out for the count - sadly no bd since the cycle began between being sick and AF and gosh darn it if this isn't the cycle where I think I ovulated ridiculously early (for me) at like day 10. Onwards and upwards - I really believe what's meant to be will be. And because we're still not pg we booked a late spring getaway/dream trip to spain and France for 9 days. We are committed to lots of travel if we don't have children and we are living that commitment! Ultimately we will downgrade our house to something very small (condo maybe) and probably move closer to or within a major city (NYC) if it can't happen - and that's a life I could get behind. We're all set up in the suburbs with the right house for children right now but I don't think I want to keep it up if we're Child free in the long run. Still not giving up but I find it helps to ponder alternatives. Fertility appointment in just a week and a half should tell us much more.

Hugs to all!

Good luck at the appt next week, Lily! I hope you get to stay at your current house and it's filled with as many little ones as you want. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->