TTC #1 and over 30

Hi ladies, I'm back!

Just an update that DH and I are finally cleared for BD'ing again! :happydance:
Wow, that took a long time. AF showed yesterday, so in about 10 days it'll be BD'ing time. I'm so excited to be back on TTC and I'm determined to make it stick! Of course DH and I will be traveling over July 4th weekend and we'll be visiting my in-laws - which is not very conducive to BD'ing - but I'm gonna make it work!!!
A friend of mine who has a 2.5 month old baby gave me her POAS ovulation tests, which "predicts ovulation 24-48 hours in advance". So I'll use it in addition to my daily OPKs. I figured while traveling it might be easier to only pee on a stick once!! LOL...

I hope all you lovely ladies are doing well and I'm sending :dust: to those on the TWW!

hi I am on CD 21 and 3 DPO. this is my 4th cycle TTC. I tried SMEP this cycle hoping my chances improve. I have sore boobs, vramps. Im trying not to read into it but hoping i get my BFP

BBWttc29: good luck!!! lots of :dust: to you!!

I want your opinion ladies.
As I mentioned I'm traveling over this weekend. Based on my past cycles I'll probably ovulate on Tuesday. If it were you, when would you schedule BD to maximize the changes??? Friday, Saturday, or Monday??? I don't' know if I'll have the opportunity to BD twice since I'll be in my in-law's house and it'll be difficult to create the mood...but I'll try. I'm guessing that I'll only have a chance to BD once, so I'm not sure which day would be the best....

Please help me out here!!! Thank you so much for your input!!

Hmm...if you're sure you won't O until Tuesday, then I would say Monday. I just read an article that suggests women 30 and over have better odds one day and the day of O rather than two days before. I'd say no earlier than Sunday night, but any BDing still gives you a chance.

Thanks Lionchild! We BD'ed Sunday and I don't think I've O'ed yet. My temp today was 97.45F, so will try to BD tonight. I'll try to do an OPK today but I feel kinda weird bringing all the equipment to work and having to stay in the bathroom timing the 5min!!

How are things going with you?

Hi ladies,

It's so quite here....But miss our convo so I'll post an update...

According to FF I should O tomorrow, Friday. I've been OPK'ing and neg so far. Lots of EWCM - never had it for such a long period of time, so I have a good vibe about this cycle. DH and I have been managing to BD every 3 days now....

Also, August marks one year since I started TTC'ing, so I made an appointment with a fertility doc Wed next week. DH and I had to fill out some medical history forms, and DH realized that something he had when he as 14/15 y.o. may cause infertility. He was so bummed out! I felt bad for him. He'll do a SA on Wed also, so we'll find out. Please, send us good vibes!!

Sending you good vibes, I've just finished my first ivf and I'm in the two week wait!!

The EWCM sounds promising, zero! :dust: I'll keep my fingers crossed for a healthy SA!! Update us when you find out the results.

Natashaa, I hope the IVF was successful! Fingers tightly crossed for you too. Lots of :dust:!!!!

AFM- Well, I got a surprise BFP last month! After 15 months of TTC (13 cycles), DH and I decided to start NTNP. Trying hadn't gotten us very far, and I needed a break from it all. The first month, May-June, was a bust. Then, last month (June-July) I was gone for half the month, and DH and I only BD'd three times (once probably in the fertile window). I payed no attention to when I O'd. The only reason I took a HPT was because I had a procedure scheduled the next day that couldn't happen if I was preggo. To my complete surprise, after 15 cycles, I was! :happydance: I'm around 6 weeks (I think). I can't know for sure because I didn't pay one bit of attention to my cycle. Hoping this is my sticky one! I have another beta coming in today. My first two (a couple weeks ago) were good. They tripled in two days. They're doing more betas because I've had brown spotting for six days (no cramping luckily!). I'm trying to remain positive.

last cycle was my first cycle trying SMEP. we got a BFN. I took this cycle off since dh is trying to get his meds approved for low testosterone. he is dropping the prescription tomorrow. so hopefully this next cycle will be more successful. Its hard sometimes seeing people around me get pregnant Im still hopeful I will get my BFP

Had my first fertility doc appointment this past wed. I would like to share how it went.

It was OK. I was very nervous but my doctor didn't acknowledge or asked how I was feeling, and I didn't bring it up either. He went straight to business. I wish he had at least asked if I was concerned about something specific, or how I was doing, but once I realized that's how he rolled I was OK with it. I just had to ask about anything I wanted to know 'cause he wasn't going to bring it up.
So, he asked about my medical history, and how my periods were. Since we'd been trying for a year and not succeeded, he'd order blood tests and exams to see how things were working. He send me right away to get a vaginal ultrasound done and he did a gynecological examination. He saw that the lining in my uterus is uneven and that my left ovary is too close to the uterus, so he suspected of scarring. So, he said I'll do an HSG between CD5-CD12 (but before ovulation) to get a better look and that will give the cause of these issues. I'll also do a comprehensive blood test on CD2.
DH did an SA and the lab tech took a quick peek and said "It looks good". He was so relieved! That was very good news!
Also, doc doesn't believe in temp'ing. He said I could stop doing it, unless I liked it. He said to use OPKs and when I get a positive BD that day and the day after - no need to BD every other day for a week...Again, his words, not mine....
That was it. I'll keep you posted on how the HSG goes, which will probably be in about 1 1/2 week.

Of course there's still a chance I'm pregnant now and this is all irrelevant! Wouldn't that be great?! I'll test on Wed, 12DPO. But, since the doc saw those irregularities with my uterus I'm guessing it's unlikely. I don't want to get my hopes up. I'll just go about my business as if I'm not preggo and I'll test Wed and see.

Sorry for the super long post! This forum and you ladies have been an invaluable support system for me. I can't thank you enough!!!

Well ladies, my TWW is over. Got a BFN this morning at 12DPO. Given the results of my last doc appointment I'm not surprised, but I can't help it but be a little disappointed....I also got DH's SA results and most things were great, but there were a couple of "abnormalities" that make us candidates for an IUI. I hope it does the trick!

Anybody still following this thread? How are you ladies doing????

I'm sorry for the bfn :hugs:

I know it's scary making the step to get tested but at least things are moving forward for you. Great news about the SA :)

ZP :hugs: BFNs suck!!!! I'm still around but not really posting here much because I'm gearing up to do IVF#2

Hello ladies,
I know it's been forever since I posted here. I've been thinking of you all lately, so I wanted to post something.

I was just re-reading my last posts and realized I never told you gals I got a BFP the very next day, at 13DPO. I'm sorry!!! At the time I was sure I posted it here...

Goldfish, Lionchild, any updates? I sure hope some of you got your so desired BFP by now! Lots of baby :dust: ladies!

AFM, I'm 17 weeks preggo today. It's a boy and all is going well, thankfully. My due date is April 29th.

Congrats! :)

I often think of you ladies here, love to see updates.

Congrats, zero!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :cloud9: How are you feeling?

Nothing exciting to report here. DH and I have been NTNP since May. We got a BFP in July and had our second miscarriage at what would have been 10 weeks at the beginning of September. The baby stopped growing at 7.5 weeks. If we don't get pregnant again by January, I'm going to start Clomid in February. I'm getting impatient, and I'll be hitting the 2 year mark since we started trying. I'm trying to stay optimistic though. In the meantime, I've gotten myself into the best shape of my life :bodyb: and am just trying to stay happy with or without the BFP. :thumbup:

ZP that's amazing, congratulations!
Luna I see you're a mum now, congrats!
Lionchild :hugs:

AFM, I had another failed IVF :( AF came early 4 days before my official testing date then got another AF the day after OTD. feels so unfair but not giving up - going to do IVF again in Jan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->