TTC #1 buddy wanted

BabyDreamer82

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi all, Im currently on CD2 & looking for a buddy in a similar situation to me, this is our 4th month ttc after stopping the pill in early feb. DP & I are keeping quiet about it as we dont want added pressure. So Im feeling quite alone in it all as I have no one to really talk to about it.
I am so super excited & i cant wait for a BFP.!:happydance:

heya im on cd9 how are you? when do you usually ovulate? xx

Can i join you too? I'm a bit ahead in my cycle as i'm CD 14, but i'm in a similar situation as i came off the pill 5 months ago and not had much luck yet. Started trying with a vengance this month though so fingers crossed.

We're also trying to keep it quiet for the time being which i'm finding really hard as i'm a bit of a chatterbox at the best of times!!!

Hey I'll be buddies with ya'll I knw AF is due the 3rd of May

Yay people to talk to!
Well my first cycle was 28 days, then 25 & the last 27, so Im not sure how long this one will be I do seem to O about 14 days before AF so Im gonna go for it for the week of the 7th-14th - hopefully. Im not using OPKs, I used them once but it didnt give me a very strong + , Im pretty sure I get O pains tho.
How about you girls how long are your cycles? Tell me a bit about yourselves:D

Im 27 & DP is 28,from NZ, neither of us have any other children & really want to start a family before we are 30.
:dust:

i'm 20.... i already have a son who will be 1 on wednesday.... OH is 26
between us we have family in england, scotland, ireland, australia, tasmania, the us, belgium and poland
this is only second cycle this time round of trying
af is usually dead on 28 days but no clue when i ovulate this cycle is my first using OPKS
also doing SMEP :)
xx

No, Im still in NZ, I just noticed it tells you where everyone is from, mine doesnt, hmm. What is smep? (Im still kinda new to all the abbreviations).

sperm meets egg plan :p theres a big thread about it on the ttc forum somewhere!! its supposed to make sure that... well... that the sperm meets the egg :D lol xx

Hiya gals!

I'm 29 next month and my husband is 32; we've been unprotected since November and have given up trying to do this casually now so we're going at it properly this month!

My cycles have been a bit strange since stopping the pill, i think it was something like 40 days in the first month, then it's been 28, 31, 28, 32 so go figure! I've tried a couple of OPKs around the time i thought i should ovulate but never had a positive result, and i'm doing them every day on this cycle - i'm CD 15 and yet to see a positive result which is a tad frustrating!

We're trying that conceive plus lubricant which is interesting! Have you tried anything different/like this??

We haven't got any children yet, just a cat!

Good luck x

Hi Littlenic,

I hope it works for you this month, is that lubricant like preseed - Ive heard lots of good things about that.

Its hard coming off the pill, all my pms symptoms have been new & each month Ive been thinking ooh this might be it, so im going to try my hardest not to take any of them too seriously this time.

me too...really need to get a grip, with all these weird symptoms, i've been convinced every month so far - especially last month :cry:

I think the conceive plus is like preeseed - just a different brand...will definitely let you know if it works!

Got my first positive opk on Tuesday...very exciting. I know at least know that i have some hormones that are visible on tests as i was starting to question whether they'd actually work for me.

How you getting on - are you in the 2ww yet?

Hi!!

I had thought this thread mighta died.
Yay for the + opk, I have my fx for you!

Well I have just got to my fertile window CD 10 but im not sure when I will O - sometime between Monday-Thurs I think. So hopefully the :sex: will start today, unfortunatly my OH has a bit of trouble .. ejaculating sometimes :blush: so that kinda hinders things a bit. This month Im trying not to tell him when I O so it doesnt put any xtra pressure on him.

What cycle day are you?

sorry, i've not been able to get online much this past week!

I'm on CD23 now and think i ovulated around the 18th - just trying wherever possible to ignore any aches and pains so i don't read too much into them!

Sorry to hear about your difficulties delivering those :spermy:
We've started to speculate what could be holding us back from conceiving for 6 months (so far) and we have a list of ideas a mile long, but no specific knowledge :growlmad: We tried to deal with (potentially) slow swimmers last week by giving them plenty of time to get to the egg....i literally laid there for an hour and 20 minutes afterwards! Got to watch a great cookery show during that time though!!

Let's hope it's enough, otherwise this starts all over again next month! Good luck for next week....sending lots of baby dust from the UK for you!

hey nic how are you getting on?

Im having no luck so far with the :sex: but i havent had my normal o cramps yet. I have however had dull cramps since AF this month, I had it on the 1st month off the pill too, so I dunno... kinda wish I had done opks again this month.

I have my fx for you & sending you lots of :dust:

Hey girls
I'm a newbie. I too have recently come off the pill after 15 years (am 34) been ttc since Jan. My body was very muddled at first and I seem to get all the 'symptoms' but no bfp yet. My cycle seems to be 25/26 ish days but last one was only 22! V. excited about getting a bfp but trying not to get too obsessed (which is a bit hard!!) AF due 17th/18th may. Doesn't help that my BBs hurt every month it seems! It's reassuring to hear other people in the same boat!

Hi Chrysalis!
Welcome!
It is so hard trying not to obsess! last month i had a couple of sharp pains in my bbs & thought 'yay this is it' only to get AF the next day.. not fair!
Well fx for you.
I think Im out this month, DP only managed to...err... finish once & just a teeny bit, on O day, Im now 3dpo & am certain AF will be here about the 26th. Oh well Im trying not to feel too disappointed & get ready for next month.

Hi BabyDreamer82
Thanks for your thoughts. Got AF today, so like you trying not to feel disappointed. It's hard when I seem to be surrounded by people who are PG at the moment - some even unplanned! I saw a friend on Fri who took 8mths for her first and is now on 3rd! She told me to relax and enjoy it. A word from the wise! I'm just impatient I guess. Are you using OPK? I got some of the Boots ones but haven't bothered the last 2 months as timing of the deed has been a bit awkward as we were at my aunt's house!!! Will try them again this month. Did you try the Conceive Plus? - I may get some too.

hiya ladies....i finally get the computer to myself and plan a big night of baby obsessing and wham - my period gets me! :sad2:

I've tried so hard not to be symptom spotting, or convinced that i was pregnant this month that when i actually didn't spot any symptoms, i saw this as a good sign...weirdly, about 5 days ago my abdomen hardened into a small bump so again i was convinced this was a good sign....:growlmad:

I'm disappointed that all our tricks havn't worked this month and if anything it's really got me doubting whether we're able to have a child - i mean, on the day i got a positive opk, we :sex: using conceive plus, i hung around for a full hour and 20 minutes afterwards and we were both taking supplements....hhhhmmm so being chilled out doesn't work for us and neither does trying really hard!

Sorry for being mrs negative pants - i'll snap out of it once this period pain dies down :winkwink:

Looking on a positive note though, we can go ahead and buy a house we'd been looking at this month but thought it was a bit expensive - we decided to leave it for fate to decide.....pregnant = stay happily renting, not pregnant = buy big gorgeous house!!!

Babydreamer - i've got my fingers crossed for you for next week xxx

Thanks for listening,
L.

Hi Girls,
Im so sorry the:witch: got you guys this month,:hugs: I have my fx super tight for you both that this cycle will be yours!!

Well Im now 8dpo & again this cycle feels different, so not really anything to compare it to, Im hoping it might be my body finally settling down after the pill. So Ive had slightly sore bbs & lower backache since 2dpo & yesterday started getting mild cramps. Last month i had cramp all the way through & bbs didnt hurt til about 9 dpo so Im hoping but not counting on it. Going to try not to test til the 27th thats when AF is due.

:dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->