TTC #1 Buddy Wanted!

:hugs2: ... well, we can continue being TTC buddies :dance:

Yes, it is good knowing that we have the appointment next month. I think, because of where I am in my cycle at the time of the appointment (and because we are going on vacation for two weeks in November), I can't imagine being able to start with the treatment before December :( But we shall see what they say....

The Great Sperm Race - it sounds familiar ... but I will have a look together with my husband. Thanks for the tip :)

Here's to a - literally - fruitful October :flow:

Happy October!

Hope everything is going well with you. We started this month with a new plan that hopefully will work better than September and so DH will not be worn out before the right time. We are trying every other day during the right time so we'll see if that helps any.

Vacation sounds like fun in November! Are you going anywhere nice? DH does like to go on a little weekend trip while we are trying to make it more interesting but we haven't gone anywhere this month. I think if we would get something like a BFP it would be nice to go somewhere for one last time before our time alone as a couple would end.

Best of luck to you and I hope everything is going well! :thumbup:

Happy October (wasn't on all weekend, so I'm a bit belated)!

Yes, everything is good ... funny about your new plan - it was mine in September. In August, I had a really long phase of "high fertility" on my CBFM ... and we were trying every day ... and my poor DH was sore by the time I got my peak fertility days! :( ... so we did the every other day thing in September :)
My fingers are so crossed for you!!!

November we have 3 weeks off - and are going away for just over 2 (a sort of postponed Honeymoon from last year) - a couple of days in Singapore and 10 days in Sydney :) (I am the hugest Australia fan, so I am thrilled to be getting DH to go).

:dust::dust::dust: (just a little sprinkling on our October) xx

Hi Bubumaci!

Sorry to take long responding. I just started an internet business this week and so it has been hectic getting everything started. I am excited though. It would be nice if I could make extra money and it is something I could do at home which would be good if we ever had baby fairy dust happen. :shrug:

Are you gearing up for your vacation? It sounds awesome! I hope you have a great time in Singapore and Australia. I have never been to either but they sound fascinating. I hope it will be a nice relaxing time for the two of you.

It has been a bit stressful also with the new every other day schedule but we have kept to it so we'll see if that helped any. I also learned some other tips from some posts on here that I will try next month if this month doesn't work. Did you know cough syrup will help the sperm by thinning out the CM?

Anyways, I hope everything is going well for you.

Hi Etoiles!

No worries :) I hope that everything is going well with your new internet business! :) Good Luck for that :)

Well, too many other things to think about before I can start getting all geared up for the vacation. But am definitely looking forward to it (much needed break!!)

On our part ... my DH had another spermiogramm last week and the results were again very negative. So it looks like we really only have the ICSI - our appointment is next week Monday, so we shall see what they say and when we can start the treatment. Especially since I have had a really short follicle phase this month. Normally, I don't get my peak reading on the CBFM until about CD19 /20 ... I started having highs from CD9 this month (and since my darling had his test on Friday, there was of course no BD-ing - but I thought it didn't matter, since the FM couldn't be right) ... well... the Peak showed up Saturday morning most unexpectedly! ... Anniversary weekend did get a bit of BD-ing in :happydance: ... so even though it is highly unlikely that anything will have happened .... I don't like to say never :)

Cough syrup helps the sperm? I hadn't heard that :) I would worry, that it would intoxicate them :D

When do I start keeping my fingers crossed for you? :)

Bubumaci,

Good luck with your appointment on Monday! I hope it goes well. It looks like the success rate is pretty good with ISCI so I hope you are able to start this quickly and it works well for you!

I have one week left on my two week wait to see if anything happened this month. Last month I thought I was feeling all these 'symptoms' which turned out to be nothing so I tried not to pay attention this month. Next week around Wednesday I'll find out. Otherwise we will go for plan cough syrup next month.

I haven't tried testing for the day of ovulation yet. I just pay attention to CM as I have very distinctive days with EWCM. I think if by December nothing happens I will buy something to test. What type do you have?

thanks for the luck on the business. It cost $60 but I made back $3 so far so we'll see what happens!

Etoiles

Aloha Etoiles :)

Thank you so much ... I am actually starting to get the jitters a bit :D ... today I have an appointment, as I have to have a blood test taken (so they can see what antibodies I have from older vaccinations).

Next week Wednesday ... OK - I shall keep that in mind :)

I have the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor. For a couple of months I used the ovulation tests from Clear Blue and then decided that I would like to have a better overview of my cycle - and it has been really good to have! This month I have decided to temp (even though I know that we probably won't get pregnant), but I was interested to see if the temping matches what the monitor says :)

What exactly are you doing with your internet business?

It's exciting you are jittery for the appointment! I hope the blood draw went well today. I guess it gets you in the dr. mindset since pregnant women always seem to have a lot of appointments!

Ok I did promise myself not to symptom spot but last night my veins just seemed so blue. They still seem extra blue today and some are noticeable that I swear weren't before. If nothing happens and this is all in my head then really next month I won't spot a thing! :winkwink:

I will keep the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor in mind for December. If I am still TTC then I will have a better handle on my cycle anyways.

My internet business is that I am selling my lesson plans. I am a teacher and there is a website where you can sell your lesson online. I don't know if I will have success but some do and it's worth a try!

Yeah - I guess I am a bit nervous because I don't know what they will say ... and maybe also a bit nervous because we might start with treatment ... :) You know when you wish and hope for something for a long time, but then it starts coming true - it is still kinda scary :)

I do believe you about the blue veins! In the past couple of months I swore that I saw them too - and they were there! In the last months after ovulation, my breasts swell up a lot more, become quite sore and have shown a couple of veins .. but my fingers are crossed for you :)

That is interesting - what do you teach?
I actually work mainly in finance, but last year completed the CELTA course to teach English and taught my first own English class this Monday evening :) So know all about preparing lesson plans etc. :)

I completely agree about the scary part! I think once it will happen I will definitely be nervous since a deadline ticker starts counting down. There feels like a lot to be done and a lot of life changes in a short amount of time. However, I don't want to do anything to prepare ahead of time until I get some good news though!

It's good to hear about the veins since I really started to feel that it wasn't in my head. I guess I'll see in a few days if it is an actual symptom or not.

I teach art. I work at a school with students that have special needs and teach all ages from 5-18 years old. THey can definitely be challening but I have learned a lot about parenting from working there!

I'm not surprised that you teach English since you write so nicely and naturally in this language. Congrats on your first class! it would be nice if both of our side businesses helped out during this time.

Well good luck with everything and have a fabulous weekend!

It is freaky, isn't it ... I mean - you go from being responsible for yourself, to being responsible for a tiny being ... from being a twosome, to threesome. All the relationships change... and they change forever!
Although I have always known that I want children, the actual idea that it could happen in - say within a year - is very frightening. Life will never be as you have known it :)

Wednesday, wasn't it! :)

Is there a specific type of art you teach? (I love your avatar picture by the way!). I believe that it must be challenging, teaching students with special needs - but probably all the more rewarding too ...? I remember when I was doing the CELTA course last year - and it is such a fabulous feeling I think, when you see the students really progressing and learning ... from you!

Thanks for the compliment re- my English :) I suppose it helps, that I was born in England and grew up with English + Hungarian :) Although I have actually been very lucky and was gifted with a talent for languages, so my German is fluent too :)

My goodness... weekend...! I have had a really busy week, working 'till past 9 pm every day because of the quarter close. Today I hope to finish much earlier and really start into the weekend. Then... Monday... (which I have off, since I worked on October 3rd which is a national holiday in Germany) ... please think of us at 15:45 (German time) and keep your fingers crossed!

Have a great weekend :)

Hey everyone - hope everyone is well.

I'm in the 2ww, AF due on the 16th, being trying for four months after a very successful VR. Would love to chat to lots of other TTC-ers. I'm 23 and this will be my first! Look forward to making some buddies. I've been chatting with a lovely group of ladies for last few months and it's brilliant that virtually all have had there Bfp but need some more TTC people to chat to!

2 days till AF and had quite sore BB (just one) and back ache and a few odd twinges lol x

Hi Mariposa :wave:
Doing well thank you - grateful that the weekend is just around the corner!

Sorry for a silly question - what is "VR"? Is that a vasectomy reversal by any chance?

I am 36 - this is also our first that we are trying to make. I think it really is fabulous, the sort of support that can be found in this forum, chatting with other TTC-ers :)
As you may have read, our chances of getting BFP naturally are pretty impossible (not to say that I have stopped hoping... but still) and on Monday, we have our first appointment at the fertility clinic - so v. excited about that :)

How do you feel, two days from potential AF? xxx

Hello huni, yes VR does mean that and although everything looking really positive after amazing results, I can remember a time where I had v little hope and was going through a really rough time so in a little way I can see how you feel but great news about your appointment at the clinic and so glad you are not loosing hope on the natural way too as I have known people who found themselves with a Bfp after failed ivf attempts :)

I'm not a symptom spotter as it gets me down but I've had symptoms I've never had such as abdominal twinges, bad back, sore nipples and really tired but no doubt I'll be disappointed because I've started trying to spot! Lol

I am glad to hear that all the results are positive now! :)

No - not losing hope, although like I say ... likelihood is soooo low (we won't be able to do IVF - will have to be ICSI / IMSI - the little guys are not healthy enough for IVF :( ) which is why I would be reeeeaaaallllly surprised (and completely over the moon!!!) to end up with a BFP just from having fun in the sack :D

Well - perhaps it is your turn this time around then, if you don't usually SS and are suddenly noticing lots of symptoms :)

:dust: to you :)

Is that you on your avatar? You look beautiful huni! Just found a white spot on my nipple which ive never noticed before and it hurts a bit, googled it and it could well be a sign - totally symptom spotting now haha x

Yes it is :) Thank you :hugs2: It was our big wedding last year 10.10.10 :)

I think they're called Montgomery's Tubercles and I have heard that they can start showing more when you are pregnant :)

ooohhh... FX for you :hugs:

Really hope it's something hehe x
Did you purposely choose 10.10.10?? Xx

:)

Yep :) When my husband proposed in March last year, he originally had wanted to get married this year. Then at one point I was mentioning to my friend, that it had always been my dream to get married on the same day, month, year (ever since 04.04.04 I had thought that was a cool day to get married).. and she said, well, why not, what's stopping you? So I told him and he agreed :) hehe xxx (Had half a year to organise everything and up until the proposal, had not even thought about it :) ).

Bubumaci,

Hope everything is going well today during the appointment! Wishing you good luck with it and you will have to let me know how it goes.

I teach all types of art, just general art to the students at my school. I'm jealous of your language abilities! It sounds like something that would come in very handy.

Mariposa it's nice to have you join us! I know what you mean about that it is hard to SS because I tried not to but when you see something it's difficult to resist. I have about three days left in the TWW. Not expecting anything but it would be nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->