TTC #1 Buddy Wanted!

Thank you thank you!
Yesterday after the appt. I had to race home and pack up to go teach (I teach from 7 - 9 pm on Monday evenings)...
So the doctor is nice :) ... he basically started telling us, that we will go through a whole range of tests (they took several vials of blood yesterday). My DH has to do another Spermiogramm on Monday - and they will look at it. Then, in case it is the little tubes not letting the sperm through, he will have to take some drops and then do another SA... The doctor said definitely ICSI (for IMSI, there are not enough sperm :( )... He did a scan of my uterus, said everything looks good, the ovaries look good and he thinks he could get 6 - 8 ova from each ovary through stimulation for the treatment... Depending on how the drops go, there is then something called TESE (my DH doesn't like the sound of that!!!) where they can get the sperm directly from the testicle - but I guess we really have to see how the other tests go, before we will know ...

All fingers and toes crossed for you for tomorrow! How are you feeling?? xxx

Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday! It sounds like the appointment went well. I hope you guys endure all the tests okay! Your DH sounds like he is being a trooper with all the prodding down there. I don't know if my DH could handle all that. Good news about the ovaries though!

Ok I have to admit that on Sunday I took a test. I know, it was several days early but it was a BFN. :bfn: I still though think my veins are really sticking out (not just on the chest but throughout my body they really seem to show more, or I am just noticing them more because I want to! Anyways, tomorrow I am not going to take another test I'm just going to wait and see if the :witch: shows up. If she isn't here by the weekend then I'll take another test.

OK best of luck to you with all the tests! Did you hear about when the treatment would start?

Hello!

It took a couple of days longer than last month but the :witch: paid me a visit today! :nope: It was very disappointing but there's nothing to be done about it. At least I am starting over again so new month.

I am determined this time not to pay any attention to any 'symptoms' this time and just relax a little more.

Hope everything is going ok on your end.

Hi There,

Sorry, that I haven't been around ... :hug: re :witch: ... I am in the same boat ... she came a-visiting last night :) Bit of a very short cycle this time around (I am not sure whether or not to let the clinic know)..

I am sorry that you are disappointed! I really feel for you, I how those "symptoms" no matter how small suddenly make you hope! It even does it to me, when I know that we can't be pregnant! :(

DH is a trooper! Has to hand in another sample for a Spermiogramm today, as they are doing all their own tests at the clinic. Not really any prodding going on there yet - but he is really freaked out about the idea of having to get the sperm right from the source if all else fails! (That would mean a small incision and the way the doctor described it really put him off ... he said, tiny incision and then the little tubes come pouring out and we take a tiny sample.... DH later looked and me and said, no way I want my little tubes pouring out all over the place...) :)

So no, we don't know when the treatment will start yet. There will have to be a second Spermiogramm in a few weeks (so after our vacation), where he has to take some drops beforehand... and after that I think we might find out some more concrete information.

How was your weekend? :)

Thanks for the :hugs: I know I shouldn't feel disappointed, it's way too early since it's only our second month TTC but I think every month will be a let down. I think I have learned my lesson though about looking for symptoms though. I really do not plan on looking for any the next month!

This weekend was okay, pretty relaxing and we did not do too much. I added a lot of new lesson plans to sell and am up to $25 which I hope keeps growing. We need to arrange the guest room for my MIL which will come in a few weeks on Nov. 20th. Are you ready for your vacation?

Hope all the tests go okay with your DH. Sounds like he is hanging in there. Hopefully he does not need the incision! THat does not sound nice.

You know, I think it is automatic, the "let down". Even if we promise ourselves not to hope / SS .. I think there is a tiny sparkle of hope in there "just in case" from the moment we start to TTC... I just hope that you don't feel too disappointed and can see each new month as a new chance. Even though so many people get pregnant all the time, statistically, it is not an easy thing to do! As far as I know, even if you get everything just right, the chances of conceiving are still something like 20% ... and then it has to stick and and and. And yet - the miracle of nature is still there :) My fingers are crossed for you that it doesn't take too many months of disappointments :hugs2:

That's right, you mentioned your MIL was coming to stay! Not long now ... I hope that you can get that little bean in there so you can give her some good news :)
Vacation is right around the corner and physically and mentally, I am so ready for it ... but I have lots of washing and ironing etc. to do beforehand. Gosh, just a week and a half of work left... how exciting is that? :)

Thanks for your wishes. We don't have yesterday's results yet and I am very curious as to when he has to do the next one with the drops (and really hoping that that is the solution!)... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->