TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Well dream, my birthday is tomorrow so I think she will come then! I called it 9 months ago so I’m sticking to it!
Regardless, I hope everything happens smoothly!!

40w4d still preggo. OB did a check this afternoon said I was 1.5 - barely 2cm.

The hospital going to call me to book an induction date for sometime between Sunday- Wednesday.

Dream; Omgg!! Do you have a date yet? GOOD LUCK!!!!

Tb, happy belated birthday! Do you have your anatomy scan set up yet?

Dream I’m anxious to know your date too! I hope it goes smooth! So exciting!!

Sunny- yes I go on the 28 of the month. Girls.. I’m still in denial in some ways I think lol I’m starting to get a bump (18 weeks) and I’m like “honey why am I looking fat?” He’s like you’re not fat.. you’re pregnant haha!

Tb, hahah :D Yeah this is kinda the "awkward" stage of being pregnant. There's absolutely no denying it in just a few short weeks. So have you talked about names yet?:D

Dream, I keep thinking about you and wondering if you already have a baby in your arms lol. Can't be long now!!!

41w today, still pregnant lol

Going in tomorrow morning at 830am to be induced. I had a feeling this baby would be late but never imagined 41w1d. Sheesh. No real signs of anything happening on its own.

She's going to be a stubborn one for sure :D I got induced with my first at 41w3d and 41w0d this time around. My OB kept telling me how much easier those second inductions are because, and it really was. Good luck today!!! We'll be thinking of you and virtually holding your hand <3

Sorry I haven't been on yo update you guys but you know how these things get.

I went in last Monday to be induced but the ward was really busy. They ended up doing an NST just to check on baby and sending me home. They offered me the gel or Foley catheter before going home to try and get things started but I opted not and just decided to enjoy the day.

So I ended up going back in the next day (tuesday) at 41w2d. I was admitted around 830am and we got things rolling. Did the Foley catheter, didn't start the oxytocin for a few hours cause baby's heart rate was slightly elevated. I think we started the oxytocin around 2pm. The Foley came out at 130pm, at which point I 4cms. Doc broke my water shortly after that and of course that's when the contractions got real. I let the nurse know I'll take the epidural anytime. The anesthesiologist was there within an hour I wonna say. I wasn't in pain for long, felt like forever but I don't think it was lol.

Then it was nap time. I pretty much slept the rest of the afternoon/evening. The nurse would come and switch up my positioning every now and then. I think I was 10cm around 1030pm and we started pushing for a bit but the baby's positioning was off. She was laying sideways. Doc came in and tried to turn her with a few contractions but no luck. So they told me to go back to sleep we would wait an hour or so and see if the baby would turn. I think I started pushing around midnight again, baby was still sideways and because of this my hard work pushing for an hour and a half wasn't progressing. She was stuck. Doc recommended a vacuum birth to help her out. I agreed.

Once the vacuum was used it was 2 contractions and 4 minutes till baby girl was born.

We decided on Sloan Elizabeth for her name. She's doing really well and big brother has been super sweet so far.

Congratulations Dream!! So happy to hear that everything went relatively well. Sounds like the docs knew what they were doing and you and Sloan were in good hands.

Love the name btw!!! Yay for big brother loving on his little sis. Can't wait to see some pics if you're willing to share.

Rest up mama <3

Congrats dream! Sounds like a bit of an adventure this go around! Hope you all are settling in with your beautiful new addition!

Hi!!! How are you? And the girls? All prepped for December?

We're doing well over here. I get sentimental looking at pictures of when they were still little. Feels like they've grown so much already :shock:

You mean November?! Eek! It’s coming up. I’m 34 weeks already. I’m getting. A growth scan October 14, even though I know they aren’t accurate, I’ve been measuring bigger so doc just wants to check.
I need to get a sound machine and I think I’ll do the happiest baby zip up swaddle pod thing but otherwise I think I have everything I really need. We got a mini van in august (ugh lol) but I absolutely love it haha. It just was going to be really difficult having just my suv with three rear facing kids and bench seats for the second row. I’d have to open the hatch to get my oldest in and out lol just didn’t seem as doable!

omg K started preschool this year and she just seems like a full blown KID now and just growing so fast. I don’t know what happened ?! Lol

Oh it's happening so fast TB

Happy to hear from you guys. Both kiddos are doing well over here. We are hoping to move into a bigger house next year after I got back to work. Fingers crossed things work out with financing. It just feels like we have outgrown this place.

At least you get one last peek at baby in October with that scan!

And we're already halfway through November :| I hope you'll update us with an amazing birth story soon Tb! I think you were due last week? Hope you and baby #3 are doing well.

Dream, how are you? Are you looking forward to going back to work in a few months?

My two girls are doing great. Baby #2 is turning 1 in just a few weeks, whattt?!

So sorry ladies. I have a very hard class this year that’s been stressing me out and being fully pregnant and the two older girls and switching schools and having the hard class was just challenging to do much of anything extra lol

My guess date was November 13. I had prodromal labor for THREE WEEKS. At my 38 & 39 week appointment I was dilated to 3. My OB decided to plan a weekend out of town to go pick up a truck from a dealership out of state that he ordered a year ago lol. I said “umm no! You’re not allowed to go out of town until this baby comes” (if you remember, the first two he said “don’t have this baby this weekend- I’m going out of town” and I had them both the day after he said that. )
He said “oh you’ll have her before that”.. then I decided to schedule an induction for after due date, just in case, to have something. I made it to the induction and I was so sad. I cried in the morning in the car on the way to the hospital. I really wanted my experience to be like my previous ones. And the prodromal labor was like a tease. Anyway. I decided to do things my way if we were doing this at all.
When we got there, they said we will get pitocin started and I said “nope. That’s last resort.” It’s the only thing about induction that I was very clear on. I didn’t want any pitocin unless it was a must. The nurse was like ok… they tried to do Iv fluids and I said no, you can do a saline lock but no fluids. Then she wanted to do the wired baby monitor and I asked “does this have to stay on the whole time?” And she said “well..yeah” and I said “yeah…that’s not going to work for me. I need to be able to be up and moving around” she was then like well, we could possible do monitoring every hour for 20 minutes, we will see what your doctor says” I think getting irritated because I was denying everything she was trying to do but .. I also didn’t care. So I said they could break my water and we could go from there. So they did that at 6:35am. My OB came in and did a final sweep at 7:15 which started contractions immediately. He left to do a surgery (which worried me that he’s gonna miss this one anyway lol) I was able to not be monitored the whole time too. So I sat on the ball for a while and listened to my gentle birthing/hypnobirthing stuff. Side note: for this headband on Amazon that has built in wireless headphones. It was PERFECT. Then things started picking up and I tried a new technique I learned about with squeezing a comb in your hand during contractions. Basically the theory is that 1. There are some pressure points that the comb can activate that help with pain and 2. Your brain can really only prioritize one pain source and your and nerves are closer so the focus goes to your hand. It actually seemed to help a lot. I threw the comb across the room once I hit transition though haha I got on the bed and laid over the ball during this time and did the light, deep moaning which is just all instinctual. Finally, I said “well I’m feeling a little pushy, but it’s not time” she asked if I wanted to be checked but I said no more checks please, I’m following my body at this point. They were super receptive, thank goodness. They asked if it was time to call my OB but I said not yet. Then another contraction or two I said “yeah you need to call him”. He came literally running in and as he is gloving up, I start pushing.

Girls… this time I peed and pooped SO MUCH! It got me really in my head about it and messed my pushing up. My husband asked them not to coach me while pushing because I just go with my body’s cues and it was silent. But not in a way that I was happy with. No encouragement no quiet talking to each other. Absolutely silent other than the guttural sounds that come out while my body automatically pushes. and then knowing I was pooping and my OB whom I have a good long relationship was Finally there, I got messed up in my head for a minute and couldn’t do it effectively. Then I finally snapped out of it and pushed her out. So I pushed for 15 minutes this time, which felt like an eternity in comparison lol but all was well. She had a true knot in her cord but it wasn’t tight or a problem. No tearing. The girls are obsessed. My oldest is so sweet and just in love, my now middle child, is just obsessed with baby! Lol

Wooww Tb!! Loved your story. You knew exactly what you wanted and did just that. You are such a pro at this birthing thing lol. The comb thing sounds so interesting, I got to remember that next time I stub my toe and feel like I'm dying hahah. How cute that the girls love their baby sis <3

How's feeding going? Is life as crazy as it sounds with 3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->