TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Hi girls! Just wanted to check-in and see how you were doing!

Little miss is 3 months old tomorrow, crazy!!

3 months just like that, wow!

I'm doing okay, I have my glucose test coming up March 14, and my next OB appt March 21. I'll be 29 weeks by that point and I think that's when I'll start to see her every 2/3 weeks instead of 4/5.

We are working on toilet training with my son. It's, well, going. He clearly knows when he has to go, but holds it until the end of time. He's just lazy, he will say no when his bladder is full just because he can't be bothered to go to the bathroom. So we're about a week in and he's still on forced timed intervals every 20 mins or so. We are trying to get him 100% toilet trained (during the daytime) before baby comes.

DH have kind of settled on a name that we both like but neither or us is really in love with it. For right now it's just the only one that neither of us hate. So we're still thinking about it but it feels like a deadend right now.

Sounds like you're making good progress with potty training! Is he in underwear or pullups? That made a big difference for us. She's been diaper-free for almost a full year now.

Glad you've sort of settled on a name. It takes the pressure off and who knows, you might find a different name you're totally in love with because of it. And if not, I'm sure the name will start to grow on you and you'll love it when you actually get to call her that :)

Yeah we just went straight to underwear. We do pullups only for long car rides.

Dream I can’t believe we are about 3rd trimester!! I hope you guys find a name. We were kind of apathetic about some names but then one day a name was in my head and I couldn’t get it out and I brought it up to DH and he loved it.

I had something surprising happen… so my period came on Monday but was super light. Then Tuesday was the same.. then Wednesday completely gone. I thought hmm weird. Then I thought oh.. wait…. And I took a test and… it’s positive. I didn’t track ANYTHING this cycle and I have no idea when I ovulated. But anyway. I’m a ball of mixed emotions and still in denial… lord help me.

Whatttttttttttttttttttttttt????????????????????

OMG Congrats TB! I'm at a loss for words but so excited for you!

Yeah I am too Dream lol going for blood work tonight or tomorrow. Going back to 2018 I would never imagine this is what happens lol

AE94DF3A-3EFD-4219-AB8D-7486DE1F3C80.jpeg

WHatttttttttttt!! Omg no way!!!! Congrats Tb! I know it's a lot to take in right now so give it a few days (but then update us and let us know how you're feeling :D).

Had beta drawn yesterday: 909 so that aligns with what i thought. My progesterone was 20.4- is that ok or too low? I can’t remember !

Also- @SunnyBe was the Snoo so wonderful and worth it?

Last edited:
Oh how I'd love a Snoo. We're going with the Graco Sense2Snooze bassinet this time around. A bit of a wannabe Snoo and certainly not as pretty.

I don't remember the progesterone ranges anymore, I'm sure Sunny does though. She's got all the knowledge.

I'm feeling my nesting urge stronger and stronger by the day. Trying to get DH on board but he seems totally unmotivated. I'm just going to have to get b*tchy. :lol: I want the nursery painted, light fixture hung and dimmer installed ASAP.

So likely a December baby right TB? or late November? Do you have any winter babies, geeze sorry I can't remember when anyone's kids were born anymore. We've just got so many between us now! \\:D/

Oh I’ll need to look into that bassinet too dream! I am just trying to figure out ANYTHING that will help having THREE. Lol. I’d be due on DHs birthday November 13. K was born in February so I do have one winter babe!

haha well the Mister better get to work! I feel like Olivia’s room still isn’t “done” but she sleeps in there and that is about the extent of time spent in there so I’m not worried about it right now :haha:
What color are you painting it?

I don't remember the progesterone ranges either hahah. But I'm sure it's good! Your beta is great too!!!

How are you feeling about it all? What does your DH think? It's going to be tough but you've been there before. You're much more experienced than with #1 or #2.

And the Snoo is absolutely amazing :D I can't imagine life without it to be honest. It automatically adjusts the rocking and white noise type/level when baby is crying, and adjusts things down when they're quiet. Plus they're completely strapped in (otherwise the Snoo won't turn on) so they can't roll over (major anxiety relief!).

I'd definitely try and get a used one if possible (you have 9 months to try and score one... seems doable!). We got ours for $650 I believe, and I have no doubts we'll be able to sell it for that much in a few months.

Maybe I’ll buy it from you lol

my 48 hour beta was 2298
i have an ultrasound on the 24 where I’ll be (I think?) 6w4d then my first OB appointment on April 5. Gonna have to give my OB a hard time about being 0-2 with delivering my girls lol and BOTH times telling me not to have the baby that weekend b/c he’s going out of town.. lol

we are still kind of in shock and denial. Lol DH is both excited and super anxious.. we are likely going to have to get a new house and a new car lol idk what is going to happen

I Had an ultrasound last week at what I calculated to be 6w4d and baby measured 6w6d so I’m likely right on when this went down. Heartbeat was 179.. which seemed super high for this point but doc said it’s great.
My sneak peek test arrived this weekend. So I’ll be doing that and sending it off soon. Fingers crossed I get results this week and not have to wait too long haha so impatient. My guess is boy. Just because I think deep down I’m scared to have a boy :haha: so of course our surprise baby would be one. No other reason lol DH would be thrilled -as would I, just a bit of fear mixed in :)

Yayyyyyyyy! So exciting! I'm thinking boy too. My boy is such a snuggler now and I freaking love it. Melts my heart every time.

30w1d today. My countdown to Mat Leave is on. 7 weeks of work left.

We've got the crib put together and we got our bassinet yesterday (still needs to be assembled) I did some clothing inventory and I'm pretty much set for NB and 0-3 sizes of everything. Next I need to look at making sure I have all my stuff for hospital bags. Still waiting for hubby to paint and put up the light fixture in the nursery. I got a really nice area rug on the weekend, so my vision is slowly coming together.

How have you been feeling TB, and sickness?

That’s my countdown too! Until summer break haha
So exciting!! Is big brother excited for his sister?we would love pics of the finished room when it is in fact finished!

I feel like if it does end up being a girl we are going to have to e very careful to not let the middle child feel like “the middle child” ya know? I was a middle child but I was the only girl and my younger brother was born when I was in kindergarten, so I was also older. So I never had middle child syndrome lol
I feel about the same as all previous pregnancies: a bit yucky in the tummy if I haven’t eaten in a while. But that’s about it.. the tiredness has hit and I find myself yawing all day long. Lovely!

Hahha I literally came here to ask if you were going to do a sneak peek Tb :D Can't wait to find out what it is! Heartbeat is on average a tad bit higher in girls than boys so...

You got this Dream!! How close to your due date did you deliver L? Hope you'll share some pics of the finished room!

It’s a…girl! Lol we were a tad bummed because I think we both were so convinced it was boy that we let our imaginations run so it was a bit of a let down when it wasn’t. But still very happy. Little girls are great.. teenage years in our house may be interesting though :haha:

awwwww congrats TB!! I'm #2 of 4 girls. :D It's a good time.

I'm a tad embarrassed to say I'm still struggling with gender disappointment. I know you guys wouldn't judge me but it feels ridiculous that I'm still sad about the fact that i'm having a girl. Some days are better than others, (like when I find a super cute girl outfit to buy) and other days I'm totally stressed thinking I won't be able to bond with her like I do my son. deep breath.... I'm sure it will be fine.

31w1d - I'm doing bloodwork next Monday to re-check my iron levels and make sure they're not getting any worse. Then OB on Wednesday. After that I'll start seeing her in 2 week intervals.

Still waiting for hubby to paint the nursery... :neutral:

Still trying to find a name we both like... at this point it feels like we may have to wait until after birth to see if she speaks a name to us. I kinda don't trust my post-partum self t make that kind of decision though lol. So many raging hormones.

Another girl!! Congrats Tb! Just think about all the clothes you don't have to buy anymore lol. But for real though, it's okay to be somewhat disappointed. How are you feeling?

Dream, I think all of that will change when she's here. I was so worried I wouldn't be able to love another baby as much as I did my first. Now I can't even imagine why I would think that. We're so close.

Care to share some of the names you like? I completely understand if you want to keep it to yourself for now though. Picking a name is so hard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->