TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Thank you ladies for all the baby dust!

@flying - AF usually comes around the 3rd or 4th so yes I am very overdue but I guess i'm just nervous to test. I'll probably give in and test tomorrow morning. :)

wow, you certainly aren't a POASA are you!? LOL!!! I couldn't wait beyond the day AF was due, let alone over a week later!!! FX for you, and let us know what your test says!!! Even if it's a BFN, at least you have something to go by... Rather than all the wondering!!! FX FX FX

Rosa I understand how bosses can suck! And especially when they're not supportive of their staff. Doesn't sound like it's much different at schools... well regardless I hope you do find a good job somewhere else. Good luck!

Bby you sound like me, being wishy-washy on if I wanted to test or not LOL. Let us know what you get when you do test!! :) Toes and fingers crossed!

Oooh, Bby I can't wait to hear what happens when you test. I don't think I could have waited that long (especially as I was testing on 11dpo! lol)

Will keep checking back for your result! Xx

Hi MissSazra!! How is the sickness going? And... isn't it awesome that your LO is already the size of a lime? Wow!!

Hi Sideways!

The sickness calmed down for about a week, but this last week it has been back and is terrible. Thought it'd be getting better by now but it's just as bad, I'm so fed up of it and just want to get to the glowing pregnant lady stage! lol

Scan is on Tuesday so I'm really excited about that, just hope I'm feeling better by then!

Hope everything's good with you (and everyone else of course!) Xx

For me it was the same... Got better around 10 weeks then it would come back, then disappear again. It means you are slowly tapering off this! I really hope you feel better soon. Now I only get sick when I take my vitamins without food. Either way good luck with your scan! We'll need pics of course :)
And I'm glad to see you in better spirits these days. :hugs:

Well ladies I tested this morning and got a bfn! :( Oh well I guess its just not my time yet.

MissSazra I'm sorry you have been feeling icky. Hope you get better!

Thank you all for the best wishes.... it means a lot to have friends that are supportive.

It usually comes that day. But my body is probably still messed up. I'm trying hard not to give up but its getting difficult. I don't know what to think anymore. :sad2:

so sorry to hear that hon :( Look at it positively if you can, sounds like the doc has got you on the right track to getting all that taken care of. I've still got you in my prayers sweetie!

I just hope it works. But thank you for your prayers it means a lot. How are you doing?

I'm doing ok, thanks for asking. :) Just going through the motions like usual... laundry, cleaning house, etc. I'm taking a break today though, I'm soo tired. And my mammaw is going back in the hospital again, this time to get a spot of cancer off her lungs. So if you need any motivation to quit smoking, I see this as a big one! She has all of her loved ones worried about her. I just wish my mom and dad would pay attention to this, too....

Here's some food for thought... I'm not a mom yet, so I don't have experience raising kids. I've also never babysat or generally spent any time around children (my baby's diapers will be the first I've ever changed in my life!). But, last night my DH and I were out eating and the family sitting in the booth behind us had their kindergarten-aged kid with a pacifier in his mouth?? Why on earth would a kid that old have a binky?? He didn't appear to have a developmental disability because he was running around all over the restaurant (something I don't agree with anyway...). Anyway, please tell me there is a reason for the binky, because I found myself judging them as parents and I really don't want to be that kind of mom!

I'm doing ok, thanks for asking. :) Just going through the motions like usual... laundry, cleaning house, etc. I'm taking a break today though, I'm soo tired. And my mammaw is going back in the hospital again, this time to get a spot of cancer off her lungs. So if you need any motivation to quit smoking, I see this as a big one! She has all of her loved ones worried about her. I just wish my mom and dad would pay attention to this, too....

Here's some food for thought... I'm not a mom yet, so I don't have experience raising kids. I've also never babysat or generally spent any time around children (my baby's diapers will be the first I've ever changed in my life!). But, last night my DH and I were out eating and the family sitting in the booth behind us had their kindergarten-aged kid with a pacifier in his mouth?? Why on earth would a kid that old have a binky?? He didn't appear to have a developmental disability because he was running around all over the restaurant (something I don't agree with anyway...). Anyway, please tell me there is a reason for the binky, because I found myself judging them as parents and I really don't want to be that kind of mom!

I'm sorry to hear about your mammaw! I hope she's okay. I'm looking forward to quit smoking.

Lol. I am the same way. I've never been or taken care of a baby before. So we're in the same boat. But I completely agree with you kindergarten is way to old for a binky. You and I have the same type of beliefs on raising a child not to be wild. My DH would never let that happen either. What did your DH say?

Aww bby, I'm sorry you got a BFN! It sucks, though of course you could still be preg and it's too early, but it sounds like your body is all a bit mucked up so it'll be good to get it sorted! FX for you that it's an easy fix and all is well again!!! :hugs:
How long have you been trying for now??

Sideways, don't worry, there are millions of crappy parents out there! If I find myself judging someones parenting like that (I do it too now!) I just think of the WORSE parents out there. The ones that abuse and kill their kids. At least the ones letting them run amok in a restaurant with a pacifier in it's mouth still cares for it, even if in a weird way from our perspective! lol.

My mum works for a government organisation that deals with kids, youths & families that are on the wrong side of the law. Drugs, alcohol, abuse, jail etc is normal for them. The stories she tells me of cases she's dealing with at the moment remind me how lucky we are. :)

I was talking to a friend of mine and she said its probably early. So I'm hanging in there now. We've been trying for over a year.

:hugs: hun. I'm hoping it's still early and you are preg!!! :)

When did you O? Have you been using OPKs or temping or anything?

Sorry about the BFN Bby, but just keep thinking positive...

As the kindergartner with a pacifier, I agree that's wrong. And I also HATE it when parents let their kids run around (in my experience, my grandmother's funeral was nearly ruied for me because of that!)

But just think there are stories of women still breast feeding children over the age of two!! Now that's crazy..

II'm not using OPKs or temping yet. But if I am correct I O the 19th. But I could be wrong.

I was reading about pacifiers today...strange. Apparently you're supposed to wean the pacifier at about 1 year old, because after much longer it can have effects on the dental development of the child, especially by age 2 and after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->