TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Ok that's what I was thinking rducky! That's why my mom always got on to me for sucking my thumb too. Maybe it's just their parenting technique.... a lackadaisical, don't-want-to-deal-with-it approach. Don't want to deal with the kid talking so much, throw a binky in his mouth. Don't want to deal with him running around the restaurant, just let him do it. Ugh...

But you are all right, there are much worse parents out there. I can't imagine having to deal with that sort of thing all the time like your mother does, flying. I get teared up (and angry) every time they bring something about Casey Anthony on TV. I can't wait for that trial to begin... I totally think she is guilty.

SM I've heard of people breastfeeding all the way up until the milk teeth are all gone (around 8 or 9 years old). HOLY CRAPOLA. But, I'm realllyyy trying not to be judgmental. I would hate for people to judge me and my parenting techniques, though it's already begun. I am already getting folks telling me I shouldn't find out the sex until birth. *sigh*

Bby I really hope this all gets straightened out for you soon. Sounds very frustrating to have been trying for that long. We're all here for you!! :hugs:

Sorry to hear about the bfn Bby, but don't give up, keep hanging on in there, we're all here for support!

I went to bed at 6 last night, was just so fed up of the sickness. Mornings are always better, so now at 7am, I am feeling so much better (apart from a nasty cough, left over from the cold I had!)

I totally agree about the whole letting your kids run riot. My parents took me to restaurants when I was younger and I wouldn't have dared go running round the place, disturbing all the other people, and I intend to raise my children the same. If they can't behave whilst we're out, then we won't go to nice places.

I watched a tv show the other night about breastfeeding, and it had a woman who still breastfed her 3 and 5 year old and it was just wrong, but that's just my opinion, I couldn't do that.

Thing is, it did raise a lot of interesting ideas about breastfeeding, and how taboo it seems to be over here. Is it the same for you ladies, or are people more accepting of it?

Thankfully breastfeeding here is pretty much normal. There are the odd times someone might frown, but there have been some good publicity about accepting breastfeeding as normal and good, even in public (discretely!) so it is pretty good here. :)

But beyond a couple of years old is just odd... lol!

I wish we had that mentality over here Flying. I shall breastfeed as and when the baby needs it, after all it's a natural thing to do. Hope you're doing ok?

I don't plan to breastfeed but that's my personal choice. But, over here in the states I would be "shamed" if everyone knew I was bottle-feeding. Like folks would look down their noses at me. It's funny, about 30 years ago it was the other way around. I still don't think that the general public likes it when a mother breastfeeds in public though.

There's no shame in choosing to bottle feed, it all comes down to choice, as you said.

No woman should have to feel ashamed of how she chooses to feed her baby, yet it seems to be a subject that people always feel the need to comment on. Such a shame that we are made to feel that way.

Thank you all for the prayers and kind words. I'm just hoping it works out soon.
About the breastfeeding subject I'm still on the fence on what to do. I wasn't able to be cause my mom had a seizure 3 days after I was born. But DH wants me to. I might do both. Lol. I dunno. Lol. I hope y'all all doing well. Thanks again for everything. :hugs: to all!

Yes we did. It amazing how fast a year really goes. It feels as if we've been married for years. Lol. Not a single fight in a whole year. Lol.

Wow girl congrats!! Yes time does fly. But my DH and I have had our fights, we argue all the time but I blame that on how head-strong (and stubborn) we both are. I'm glad you guys haven't fought yet, I'm kind of jealous LOL.
Just the other day I was wanting to hang one of those 36" wall clocks on the wall, and he was demanding I hang it on a stud, regardless if I had one of those studless picture hanger thingies. Well the stud he wanted to hang it on would have put that clock way off center on the wall. Of course I refused, then just waited until he was at work one day and hung the darn thing up myself where I wanted it! Most of our arguments revolve around how I want to do stuff to the house. He's old-fashioned when it comes to that, hence his whole thought that you can't hang anything on a wall unless it's in a stud. I'm still waiting on my floors to be installed!!!!

But other than that it's great. It sounds like you've got a great guy for a hubby! How long were yall together before you got married?

Well we have little scuffles like that but his motto is "if mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy". Lol. But he's an awesome man and he's my best friend. Well we dated for 4 months before we got married. It was like we knew we are meant to be. Lol. How about you and your hubby?

aww that's so awesome!! My DH took nearly 2 years to propose to me LOL. And he proposed on April Fool's Day. I'll never forget it! :) We got married 4 months later though. He said later that he wished he had proposed a year earlier. I thought that was sweet :)

Awh... That's sweet of him to say that. My DH never actually proposed. Lol. It was just a mutual type thing. Lol.

Lol how funny! I have friends whose marriages started off that way. I kept telling DH way before he ever proposed that I didn't care how we got married that I just wanted to be married lol. He wanted the whole traditional thing. Not complaining :)

Hi ladies

An update.......went for a viability scan last Friday and calculated that I had to be pregnant at least 8 weeks. The scan showed a tiny baby with a heart beat but only 6 weeks old.
I have to come back in two weeks time. Don't have a good feeling about this because it's too tiny:nope:
And I don't feel pregnant anymore.......

My first pregnancy ended in a mc, very likely this one as well.
My sister told me last week that she's pregnant as well, from her third.I'm very upset.....

oh English, chin up honey. Did the doctors seemed concerned that the pregnancy wasn't viable? Or are they just doing a routine reschedule because it's a little small?

The lady who did the scan asked me if I could have made a mistake with the dates...
I'm very sure of dates and stuff and that's the reason I think something's wrong.
It's a viable pregnancy but the baby measures between 5 and 6 weeks. Well, within now and two weeks we'll find out. The lady who did the scan wanted to see me again to make sure the baby has grown...or not. FX...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->