TTC#1 - Newbie to Baby & Bump!

SignoraL

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hope you all are having a good evening! I just joined yesterday at the recommendation of a dear friend who is also TTC and has been a great confidant through this journey. She said that the friends she has met in the B&B community have been incredibly supportive and I decided to check it out and I'm glad I did!

My DH and I have been married for almost a year and a half (I'm 30 and he's 29) and we started TTC shortly after celebrating our first anniversary, a little over five months ago. We are currently on C# 7. I stopped using the Nuva Ring in Nov. 2010 and had a few irregular cycles immediately after that, but the last 9-10 months have been between 25-27 days and my LMP was Nov. 30. I've been BBT-ing and checking CM (although it tends to be scant - so frustrating, but I'm looking into Evening Primrose Oil) and I've also been using CB OPKs. I've been charting on an iPhone app for the last six months and just started using Fertility Friend and love it.

Also, I was also diagnosed as hyperthyroid in Dec. 2009 and was treated with a low dose of Methimazole for six months after it - my endocrinologist told me since everything looked good, I didn't need to come in again until I was pregnant, but thinking of making an appt. just to make sure everything is still ok.

Anyways, as you all know, it's tough seeing AF arrive right on time each month, especially after sometimes feeling possible pregnancy symptoms, but we're still hopeful and have been taking steps to improve our diet, exercise more, etc. and I've been reading a great book called "Making Babies" that has made me feel much more at ease.

DH and I were at the mall today and watching a newborn get her photo taken with Santa and hoping we're doing that next year with our little bambino or bambina. I hope the same for all of you and look forward to getting to know you and supporting each other! Good night!

LUCKY LIST

MrsGriff _?
onebumpplease - ?

PREGNANT

:bfp:Rosababy:bfp:
:bfp:Happenstance:bfp:
:bfp:Learning Life:bfp:
:bfp:neha:bfp:
:bfp:babyfeva:bfp:
:bfp:Lillyrose20wd:bfp:
:bfp:SignoraL:bfp:
:bfp:LotusWomb:bfp:

I am also 31 TTC my first child. Its funny you were talking about seeing a baby in the mall. I was in the ER last night for severe back pain, and there was a toddler screaming at the top of his lungs. My husband looked over and said, "I know I am ready for a baby now. That screaming isnt bothering me." I realized it wasnt bothering me either.

This will be cycle #2 TTC for me. I am on CD1 today. Would you like to be buddies? Por Favor!

:wave:

I'm 30 and TTC #1 too. This is my 5th cycle and I'm more than ready for a BFP! DH and I have been married for four and a half years and (rather naively!) expected it to happen straight away once we'd decided. However, 5 months along, I now understand how complicated this whole TTC business is!

I know what you mean about seeing little 'uns and hoping it's you this time next year. I've been out Christmas shopping and can't help but be drawn to the 'baby's first Christmas' stockings and hoping that I'll be buying one next year!

I'm cd19 today and reckon I'm 2-3dpo. I've been charting my bbt this month for the first time and still trying to make sense of it, but my fertility monitor and OPK seem to put me at cd16 as an ov date. We started off NTNP but I grew impatient and each month I add yet another baby-making aid to my list. DH thinks it's hilarious that I have an entire cupboard dedicated to this stuff! :haha:

I would love to be buddies and share the ups and downs of TTC! Sending you both lots and lots of :dust: Bring on those :bfp:!!!

PS Hope you're recovering from your back pain, sounds awful! Take it easy.

Hi signoral, uenvymesha & happenstance!

I m 29 & DH 41 & we are TTC #1 too. First cycle for us, feel surreal as if it is a test run! We have been married for 8 years, but I have been focusing ( too much) on my career. Think it is about time for us before the biological clock ticks further.

Glad to have met you ladies here to go through this journey together :)

I understand focusing on the career. We chose to start now because I graduate from Grad school in May! WooooHoooo!!!!!!:happydance:

Hi signoral, uenvymesha & happenstance!

I m 29 & DH 41 & we are TTC #1 too. First cycle for us, feel surreal as if it is a test run! We have been married for 8 years, but I have been focusing ( too much) on my career. Think it is about time for us before the biological clock ticks further.

Glad to have met you ladies here to go through this journey together :)

Hey Ladies - I'm excited to be on this journey with everyone here!

I'm 29, DH 28 - this is our first every try for TTC #1. DH had three more years in grad school and we are no where 'settled' financially or anything but I think it's time as per our hopes, desires, and biological clocks! We have been married for almost 3.5 years.

SignoraL: I am HYPOthyroid, diagnosed in Sept.'11. Began synthroid Oct. '11 and had one blood test done where it came down but not enough. Started on a higher dose of synthroid just this month and it's not going to stop us from trying, although unfortunately this type of thing may affect fertility - but that's why better to catch it early and adjust med doses. Next blood test is due in Feb'12.

Was on bcp for 1.5 yrs, went off of it Oct'10 and taking pre-natal vits and charting cycles since then. Too bad I'm irregular so just trying to guesstimate and calculate days of fertility where Ov may happen. Unfortunately I was out for a couple of days this month on a trip without DH so I'm hoping FX that I didn't miss the opportune moment! Have not checked OPK, don't pay too much attention to CM (TMI I think it's mostly dead :spermy: coming out anyway), don't temp. I may buy OPK and preg. test strips from Amazon if this month fails!

LMP 11/19. BD'd 11/27, 28, 29, 30 and 12/6, 10. I'm probably in the TWW but will continue to BD every other day or so until I see AF - it's unclear when AF is supposed to arrive. Usually I have tender boobs but other than symptoms I don't want to read into, I haven't felt sore at all!

Wishing you all :dust:

Hi UenvyMEsha, Happenstance, Lorikori and LearningLife!

Thanks for writing me and I'm thrilled to "meet" you all! I'd love to be your buddy! It's so nice to be able to share these TTC experiences. Though our parents know we've been TTC, we recently decided to finally share with our close friends and they've been supportive, but the only friends we have who have little ones succeeded on the first try and none of our other friends are ready to TTC yet, so it's tough to relate. It puts me more at ease that they know, but I'm glad that I finally have buddies to talk to who are going through the same thing. I'm excited to get to know you and wishing all of you luck and :bfp: for 2012!

So wondering - how much do your DHs want to know about the whole TTC process? Mine has been learning about it over the last few months and is always asking me what my BBT was or if I saw CM or how I'm feeling any preggo symptoms. I always appreciate his concern, but we're BD-ing this week and don't want him to feel too much pressure - just enjoy the lovemaking! I was having trouble figuring when I was O-ing, but Fertility Friend helped me figure out that I seem to O on CDs 14, 15 or 16 every month - CD 14 is tomorrow! :happydance: But I actually decided it might be best to not share this new Fertility Friend info with him because I don't want him to focus on it.

Anyways, wishing you all lots and lots of :dust:!

P.S. UenvyMEsha - congrats on grad school and hope your back is feeling better - ouch!

LearningLife - good luck with Synthroid - doesn't it feel so much better to have that diagnosed?! I never realized how connected the thyroid is to EVERYTHING and it made me feel so much better to realize that some of the problems I had been experiencing were attributed to that. I hope your TSH levels work out. Blood tests - not fun, but I used to be so nervous around needles and now am getting better at it!

Hey ladies ,

Personally not planning on telling DH too much about the TTC details.. Afterall if he REALLY wants to know more all the information is only a google away :winkwink:

Will just work on the seduction on the strategic days :spermy::spermy: if we are not too tired :coffee:

Welcome all suggestions for methods to seduce DH on the important days :happydance::devil:

Nice meeting you ladies and baby dust to all!

Two words always works with my DH: thigh highs! He sees those and he's ready to go! :)

Hello ladies,

I was wondering if I can join the club. I am 30 and DH is 32. We have been married for 4 yrs now but together for 12. This will be our first time TTC. My lmp was Dec 1 so I'm hoping to ovulate this week! Do you guys think testing on Xmas would be too soon? :)

Good luck to you all!

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1322719200z7z28z14.png

Hi babyfeva!

It's nice to meet you! I'd be glad to have you as a buddy! I don't think that's too early, although you may want to try the Early Pregnancy Tests website for "extra sensitive" tests that are better at detecting 10ml of hcg hormone in your system (I've heard that the brand names that you can buy in the drugstore usually can't detect smaller amounts of hcg like that). I've ordered these before and they are cheap and they ship very quickly! I still have a few left from the last batch I ordered and may be bringing them to my parents' home for Christmas for some testing! I'd post a link, but I haven't posted enough to be able to post a website address, but just search Early Pregnancy Tests.

They also have ovulation tests on there, too - and again, super cheap! I got a box of Clear Blue Easy Digital OPKs - a 20-pack on sale for about $35, which was a great deal, but I just ran out and they're not on sale, so they're now like $55 - yikes!

I hope that helps! Wishing you good luck this week and lots of :dust: for a Christmas miracle!

Hello all! I am also new to the forum - do you mind if I join on? :)
DH (26) and I (27) have been married for a year and a half and been TTC for about 6 months. Until we started TTC, we never realized that sometimes it can take some time!!

Baby dust to you all and hope that everyone gets lucky over the holidays!!

Welcome Starlight 2012! Glad to have you on here!

Hi UenvyMEsha, Happenstance, Lorikori and LearningLife!

Thanks for writing me and I'm thrilled to "meet" you all! I'd love to be your buddy! It's so nice to be able to share these TTC experiences. Though our parents know we've been TTC, we recently decided to finally share with our close friends and they've been supportive, but the only friends we have who have little ones succeeded on the first try and none of our other friends are ready to TTC yet, so it's tough to relate. It puts me more at ease that they know, but I'm glad that I finally have buddies to talk to who are going through the same thing. I'm excited to get to know you and wishing all of you luck and :bfp: for 2012!

So wondering - how much do your DHs want to know about the whole TTC process? Mine has been learning about it over the last few months and is always asking me what my BBT was or if I saw CM or how I'm feeling any preggo symptoms. I always appreciate his concern, but we're BD-ing this week and don't want him to feel too much pressure - just enjoy the lovemaking! I was having trouble figuring when I was O-ing, but Fertility Friend helped me figure out that I seem to O on CDs 14, 15 or 16 every month - CD 14 is tomorrow! :happydance: But I actually decided it might be best to not share this new Fertility Friend info with him because I don't want him to focus on it.

Anyways, wishing you all lots and lots of :dust:!

P.S. UenvyMEsha - congrats on grad school and hope your back is feeling better - ouch!

LearningLife - good luck with Synthroid - doesn't it feel so much better to have that diagnosed?! I never realized how connected the thyroid is to EVERYTHING and it made me feel so much better to realize that some of the problems I had been experiencing were attributed to that. I hope your TSH levels work out. Blood tests - not fun, but I used to be so nervous around needles and now am getting better at it!

Aw, I just saw this SignoraL :) Thanks for being supportive. It's so nice to be able to share. I'm so glad we are buddies now :)

Hey love! SO glad to see you on BnB. :hugs: You WILL get your bfp this year.

I am also 31 TTC my first child. Its funny you were talking about seeing a baby in the mall. I was in the ER last night for severe back pain, and there was a toddler screaming at the top of his lungs. My husband looked over and said, "I know I am ready for a baby now. That screaming isnt bothering me." I realized it wasnt bothering me either.

This will be cycle #2 TTC for me. I am on CD1 today. Would you like to be buddies? Por Favor!

Wow, I could have written parts of your post.

I am also 31 TTC my first and this is cycle #2, CD1 started today...

need a buddy? :winkwink:

:hi: everyone. I have a great feeling about this thread, let's hope our :bfp: are just around the corner!

Signora, I like that you are so kind to your DH and don't want to put him under any pressure. My DH doesn't get such an easy ride (excuse the pun! :haha:). I'm like "right hun, my monitor's at peak, you've got like five minutes to get in the mood" :haha: ! Okay, perhaps it's not quite that bad, but he knows what his role is!!!

It's interesting how much our other halves know about the TTC business. I think my DH knows more than he wants to. Each day I show him my BBT chart and he gives me a fake smile of interest - it means nothing to him (to be fair, it's my first month of doing BBT and it only means something to me after hours of obsessive Googling)! I'm not quite at the stage of shoving my OPKs in his face to see if he can 'see the line' but who knows when that'll kick in!

Well, today I'm 4-5dpo and while I'm desperately searching for even a hint of a sign, there's nothing. Absolutely nothing. No cramping, no sore bbs, no headaches, no gas, no backache, no nothing. I keep poking my bbs and I'm like 'yeah, they feel a little bit sore' and then I think 'no wonder you fool, stop pinching them'! :dohh:

I'm so glad you lovely ladies are here to share the journey, you can see how easy it would be for me to turn into a total nut otherwise! :flower:

Sending you all lots and lots of :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->