TTC#1 - Newbie to Baby & Bump!

Good morning,

Yesterday and today I've been feeling some cramping in my lower right abdomen. I think that I'm definitely ovulating, woohoo!

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1322719200z7z28z14.png

:hi: everyone. I have a great feeling about this thread, let's hope our :bfp: are just around the corner!

Signora, I like that you are so kind to your DH and don't want to put him under any pressure. My DH doesn't get such an easy ride (excuse the pun! :haha:). I'm like "right hun, my monitor's at peak, you've got like five minutes to get in the mood" :haha: ! Okay, perhaps it's not quite that bad, but he knows what his role is!!!

It's interesting how much our other halves know about the TTC business. I think my DH knows more than he wants to. Each day I show him my BBT chart and he gives me a fake smile of interest - it means nothing to him (to be fair, it's my first month of doing BBT and it only means something to me after hours of obsessive Googling)! I'm not quite at the stage of shoving my OPKs in his face to see if he can 'see the line' but who knows when that'll kick in!

Well, today I'm 4-5dpo and while I'm desperately searching for even a hint of a sign, there's nothing. Absolutely nothing. No cramping, no sore bbs, no headaches, no gas, no backache, no nothing. I keep poking my bbs and I'm like 'yeah, they feel a little bit sore' and then I think 'no wonder you fool, stop pinching them'! :dohh:

I'm so glad you lovely ladies are here to share the journey, you can see how easy it would be for me to turn into a total nut otherwise! :flower:

Sending you all lots and lots of :dust:

Happenstance - I believe we have the same number of days till testing although I don't know if I'm going to use my expired but unopened PG test (yea, it's been in my possession for a while!), tomorrow morning and then laugh or cry or not even go there. Or I can buy a new one and test on the 22nd since I will be on the Amtrack on the 21st to my in-laws for Christmas and not sure I want to :test: in the train bathroom! But neither :nope: do I want to test at my MILs! Not really wanting to test in 6 literal days, so take the latter, above as me postponing reality.

Main "symptoms" I've had:
- slight tension headaches
- weird feeling in lower abdomen (my pj & underwear elastic around the waist was bothering me so much last night) for at least a week now
- tiredness: desiring to go to bed early and sleep in
- I always was a little dizzy (maybe d/t astigmatism?) but more so now
- was nauseated here and there, the first few days after FIRST BD'ing end of Nov (am irregular so not sure if I was even fertile then!) but not really anymore.
- NO noticable IB
- NO sore bbs, although this def. happens before AF
- Two new pimples on face yesterday (started after I quit bcps last yr.) but this also happens prior to AF

Re: lower abdominal weirdness - I told my DH that if we find our we are negative, then he can squeeze the 'gas' out of me since maybe it's just gas!!! HAHAHA

okay long post so ending here...:wacko:

Welcome, Breaking Dawn! I'd love to be your buddy!

Hi Ladies, I'd love to join the gang! I am 33, DH is 35. We are trying to conceive #1, just started TTC 2 months ago. I am having all kinds of preggo-like symptoms, so I am feeling pretty hopeful. The 2ww is the longest 2 weeks I've ever known!!

Happy to meet you all :)

Btw, I am 9 dpo, AF due in 5-6 days. I plan to test like a maniac for every day until then, starting tomorrow.

My symptoms have been slight nausea, indigestion, chapped lips, some low back pain, sore boobs, and starting to experience some vaginal itch (tmi) which is not normal for me and after googling it (i am also a google maniac during the 2ww!), i come to find out that it is a pretty common early preg symptom. So, hurray for symptoms!!

:hi: everyone. I have a great feeling about this thread, let's hope our :bfp: are just around the corner!

Signora, I like that you are so kind to your DH and don't want to put him under any pressure. My DH doesn't get such an easy ride (excuse the pun! :haha:). I'm like "right hun, my monitor's at peak, you've got like five minutes to get in the mood" :haha: ! Okay, perhaps it's not quite that bad, but he knows what his role is!!!

It's interesting how much our other halves know about the TTC business. I think my DH knows more than he wants to. Each day I show him my BBT chart and he gives me a fake smile of interest - it means nothing to him (to be fair, it's my first month of doing BBT and it only means something to me after hours of obsessive Googling)! I'm not quite at the stage of shoving my OPKs in his face to see if he can 'see the line' but who knows when that'll kick in!

Well, today I'm 4-5dpo and while I'm desperately searching for even a hint of a sign, there's nothing. Absolutely nothing. No cramping, no sore bbs, no headaches, no gas, no backache, no nothing. I keep poking my bbs and I'm like 'yeah, they feel a little bit sore' and then I think 'no wonder you fool, stop pinching them'! :dohh:

I'm so glad you lovely ladies are here to share the journey, you can see how easy it would be for me to turn into a total nut otherwise! :flower:

Sending you all lots and lots of :dust:

Thanks, Happenstance! I've shared so much with DH in the last few months, but I began to realize him knowing all of these details has caused him to worry a bit, which isn't what I want when we're BD-ing! I've read that can happen with husbands sometimes, and I was actually just seeing an old friend tonight and told her we were TTC. She shared that she went through IUI some time ago and I asked for advice and the first thing she said was that in retrospect, her husband was feeling a lot of pressure and she wished he didn't.

I'm hoping you start seeing some signs! You made me LOL with the BBS pinching! My friend shared an emoticon that is very appropriate for that! :holly:

I'm currently on CD 15 and supposed to be O-ing (so we have been BD-ing this week), but my OPKs were all negative this week and my temp seemed to rise from 98 to 98.3 to 98.6 in the last few days and didn't have any CM. :growlmad: Figures I would finally figure out that my O window is days 14, 15 and 16 every month and then I don't seem to O! I'm hoping we're lucky though!

Happenstance and LearningLife - if you both test around the 21st or 22nd, I'll be thinking of you both and praying for your :bfp:! AF is scheduled Christmas or the 26th, but if she doesn't show up I'm trying to hold off until about a week or so after. My MPs are never less than 25 days and never more than 27, so I'll know something is up if she doesn't show!

Anyways, good night and wishing you lots of :dust:!

Nice to meet you, junebug11! I know that 2ww can be tough, but it sounds like your symptoms are all good signs! Wishing you a BFP ASAP!!! Welcome to the group!!!

Hi everyone - I'm going to do the same thing as my buddy LearningLife in her thread - if you want to be buddies, can you please respond with a "yes" so I can put you in my thread below the signature? I want to make sure I know who's in! :) Thanks!

signora, I know what you mean about not telling dh everything. I made that mistake too. :blush: Now it's fine, but there were times when he was like I just don't want to know what kind of cm you had today. :rofl: I was like really?! Then who am I supposed to talk about this with?! Then, I found BnB. :haha: He's been much happier since.

Good morning ladies!

Wishing you all a good day.

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1322719200z7z28z14.png

signora, I know what you mean about not telling dh everything. I made that mistake too. :blush: Now it's fine, but there were times when he was like I just don't want to know what kind of cm you had today. :rofl: I was like really?! Then who am I supposed to talk about this with?! Then, I found BnB. :haha: He's been much happier since.

LOL! :laugh2: I think the problem is that he's too interested and concerned sometimes and I think having the knowledge at his fingertips puts a little pressure on him. So I don't want him to think, "Oh she's O-ing," I want him to think "Damn, I'm getting lucky, four time in one week!" Kinda keeps the pressure off, you know? :winkwink:

:hi: ladies!

What a great idea to put our buddies names in our threads, my signature is too long anyway so it needs a revamp! Can I count you all in as my ttc buddies? (PS once your name is in my signature it gives me the right to obsess over your POAS action as much as my own - you've been warned!!!) :hugs:

LearningLife, it's great that we're on the same cycle. Unfortunately for me, I'm out this month. Started spotting today (and have done on cd22 for the past 3 months in the lead up to the :witch: It's so annoying as I never used to get anything like this). I've had my second 21-day blood test done this week but won't have the results back till after Christmas. I've heard vitamin b-50 complex can help 'regulate' your cycle so I'm going to try that. I'll make a trip to the chemist tomorrow and buy some. So I'm counting on you ladies to bring the Christmas :bfp: to this thread. :winkwink:

Are any of you tracking your temperatures? I was on FertilityFriend.com earlier (just joined and in my trial VIP membership period) and I noticed that it gave me 7 out of 100 points for the possibility of me being pregnant this month. I'm like 'you're meant to be a fertility FRIEND! Why are you being so mean?!'. So, FertilityFriend and I are not currently on speaking terms (until tomorrow when I have to log my temp)!!! :haha:

Signora, I don't know what you do for a living but you should be a male psychologist! You've managed to work out the perfect system! Us ladies would totally know something was happening whereas the men-folk are quite simple-minded (especially if they think they're getting some!) and don't ask too many questions! What's concerning me is that DH has now started asking when we're back on for some 'baby-dancing'. It sounds perfectly normal among you lovely TTC buddies, but it sounds kinda strange coming from him!!!

How's everyone else getting on? We should probably make a list of everyone's name, cycle date, test date etc as it'll be much easier to keep track of everything? We could update it each week? What do you all think? (please note: as I am unable to obsess over POAS this month then my obsessions may be drifting elsewhere! :haha:)

I'll go first and if you want to join me then feel free!

Happenstance (age 30, dh 41), TTC #1, Cycle 5, UCL (Usual Cycle Length) 26-29, cd22

I think that covers it!

Good luck everyone and keep me updated. Sending you all lots and lots of :dust:

PS Sorry for the War and Peace posts! I really need to learn to stop rambling!!! :shrug:

Happenstance- you're are so funny. I'm becoming obsessed with TTC and reading everyone's posts. I think that it's a great idea to do an update every week.

AFM- age- 30, dh 32, TTC #1, Cycle 1, UCL (Usual Cycle Length) 27-28 days, cd15.

LOL! :laugh2: I think the problem is that he's too interested and concerned sometimes and I think having the knowledge at his fingertips puts a little pressure on him. So I don't want him to think, "Oh she's O-ing," I want him to think "Damn, I'm getting lucky, four time in one week!" Kinda keeps the pressure off, you know? :winkwink:

:rofl: Yep! Whenever dh knew I was o'ing, it was too much pressure. Best to just be in the dark and feel like a stud!

:hi: ladies!

What a great idea to put our buddies names in our threads, my signature is too long anyway so it needs a revamp! Can I count you all in as my ttc buddies? (PS once your name is in my signature it gives me the right to obsess over your POAS action as much as my own - you've been warned!!!) :hugs:

LearningLife, it's great that we're on the same cycle. Unfortunately for me, I'm out this month. Started spotting today (and have done on cd22 for the past 3 months in the lead up to the :witch: It's so annoying as I never used to get anything like this). I've had my second 21-day blood test done this week but won't have the results back till after Christmas. I've heard vitamin b-50 complex can help 'regulate' your cycle so I'm going to try that. I'll make a trip to the chemist tomorrow and buy some. So I'm counting on you ladies to bring the Christmas :bfp: to this thread. :winkwink:

Are any of you tracking your temperatures? I was on FertilityFriend.com earlier (just joined and in my trial VIP membership period) and I noticed that it gave me 7 out of 100 points for the possibility of me being pregnant this month. I'm like 'you're meant to be a fertility FRIEND! Why are you being so mean?!'. So, FertilityFriend and I are not currently on speaking terms (until tomorrow when I have to log my temp)!!! :haha:

Signora, I don't know what you do for a living but you should be a male psychologist! You've managed to work out the perfect system! Us ladies would totally know something was happening whereas the men-folk are quite simple-minded (especially if they think they're getting some!) and don't ask too many questions! What's concerning me is that DH has now started asking when we're back on for some 'baby-dancing'. It sounds perfectly normal among you lovely TTC buddies, but it sounds kinda strange coming from him!!!

How's everyone else getting on? We should probably make a list of everyone's name, cycle date, test date etc as it'll be much easier to keep track of everything? We could update it each week? What do you all think? (please note: as I am unable to obsess over POAS this month then my obsessions may be drifting elsewhere! :haha:)

I'll go first and if you want to join me then feel free!

Happenstance (age 30, dh 41), TTC #1, Cycle 5, UCL (Usual Cycle Length) 26-29, cd22

I think that covers it!

Good luck everyone and keep me updated. Sending you all lots and lots of :dust:

Happenstance, your Fertility Friend comment cracked me up! :laugh2: Where is that test where you got 7 out of 100? I didn't see anything like that? I do temping, but it's frustrating at times - last month I had a normal rise after O-ing for the first time in six months. I jumped from 97.7 to 98.5 in one day! All other times, this month included, I had a slower rise, which I'm concerned might be low progesterone. We'll see.

Not a male psychologist - although funny enough, I did have several major projects in linguistics and journalism classes in college where I focused on male behaviors. I actually work in PR and marketing, though. Haha, that's too funny about your DH and the BD-ing - mine asked me tonight if I got my BFP (although he thought the F meant something besides fat!) Oh, boys!

Great idea on having the cycle info in the siggy - I added mine!

Anyways, I'm on the East Coast and it's getting late here, so I'm off to bed. Goodnight (or morning, depending on where you are), ladies! Sweet dreams!

Hi ladies!
I am new here also, TTC #1! I am 31 and DH is 42 (43 January 4) and we have been married for 4 months. I got my first ever BFP in June after NTNP for almost a year, but sadly had a MC (blighted ovum) the day after our wedding :(. I went on the pill for a couple months after, just because I didn't want to even think about getting pregnant again for a while, but here we are ready to go again!

This is our first cycle really "trying", I haven't done any temping but I do pay attention to CM. Currently on CD 20 of a typically 25 day cycle. I have a monstrous zit (which I never get) and I'm a hungry hungry hippo! Not going to test unless
I AF is late tho!

Hello everyone......I am new to this whole TTC thing and I am just looking for somewhere to vent and hear about what others are going through. I'm not hip to all the abbreviations so I will do my best. I am 30 and my husband is 34. We have been married for a little over a year and he has 2 children ages 6 & 8 from his first marriage. We only started TTC last month ( I have been off BCPs since August but we avoided my fertile week until Nov). I was on BCP for 15years and am nervous that this will impact my ability to get pregnant (although the doctor says it shouldnt). I have very regular periods 28-30 days and have since coming off the pill. I use OPKs and get positives between days 12-16. I dont temp because I work nights and its hard to keep on schedule. My husband I Bd'd 4xs during my fertile window last month with a BFN :( hoping for better results this month. To make matters worse my sister in law just announced she is pregnant and she has PCOS........Im super happy for them, but wondering how me Ms regular didnt end up preggo and shes had 2 periods in 8mos???? Ok, done venting. Would love to hear any advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->