TTC#1 - Newbie to Baby & Bump!

Welcome Roma Tomato- I'm excited for you. When will you test?

Hello Jewelsbaby81- i'm glad you've joined. Let's hope we all get BFP soon! What CD are you on?

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1322719200z7z28z14.png

jewelsbaby81- i'm also on CD16!

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1322719200z7z28z14.png

I have a weird question to ask. After you BD, do any of you do anything special like: lift your legs up?? Before ttc i used to run to the bathroom to sit on the toilet but now I wait for a minute or two before going to the bathroom, is this long enough or am i letting it all come out?? Sorry for the strange questions

I have a weird question to ask. After you BD, do any of you do anything special like: lift your legs up?? Before ttc i used to run to the bathroom to sit on the toilet but now I wait for a minute or two before going to the bathroom, is this long enough or am i letting it all come out?? Sorry for the strange questions

I used to too! I don't do anything special except not getting up for 15-20mins. Cool you're on cd16 too

Welcome Roma Tomato and Jewelsbaby 81! We're glad to have you in the group!

babyfeva - I stay lying down for 20-30 minutes afterwards. I don't know if lifting your legs up works - I've tried, but still not pregnant, so not sure, but I'm sure it's been helpful for some people! If you stay lying down, I think it's good to put a pillow or two underneath your hips.

Thanks SignoraL & jewelsbaby81.

I just don't wanna look odd in front of DH laying there, haha.

Hi ladies - how are all of you today?

I got a tip from a BnB buddy on soft cups, so I am going to try to use that after BD-ing. That is, after I track down where I can buy them! Have any of you tried them?

I got a tip from a BnB buddy on soft cups, so I am going to try to use that after BD-ing. That is, after I track down where I can buy them! Have any of you tried them?

Hi Starlight!

I'm on CD4, so just finishing up with AF and getting into cycle #2.

I have a question about orgasms:blush: Do female orgasms help with TTC? I read that it helps the sperm find it's way. Does that mean if I don't always orgasm it's harder to conceive?

Thanks SignoraL & jewelsbaby81.

I just don't wanna look odd in front of DH laying there, haha.

Haha, don't worry! I do it all the time! Just ask for a robe if you feel odd! But think about it this way - you're hoping to be in a delivery room laying there with your DH, OB/GYN, possibly mom or MIL and you can't be very modest in that situation! ;)

Hello all,

I'm new on here and getting ready to ttc in a couple of weeks, eeek!
CD1 today, average 30 days (though a random 26 this month, but long haul flights have that effect on me) so approximate ovulation on 1st January (better go steady on the champers the night before!) and testing thereafter.

I've been vaguely charting for about a year, but now it's really time to ttc, I must admit I'm rather scared!

Hi Starlight!

I have a question about orgasms:blush: Do female orgasms help with TTC? I read that it helps the sperm find it's way. Does that mean if I don't always orgasm it's harder to conceive?

Starlight - what are soft cups? The first time I heard about them are on here, but someone only mentioned in passing.

Breaking Dawn (LOVED the new movie by the way, although I'm more of a Truebie - True Blood - than a Twihard, but I have read all the books and can't wait for the next flick) - I have read in multiple places that orgasms can help with conception - but at the same time, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have conceived without orgasming, so I wouldn't think it would hinder it.

BTW, I know O or O-ing is slang for ovulating on BnB, but does anyone else think of orgasming when writing that? :rofl:

Hi Starlight!

Starlight - what are soft cups? The first time I heard about them are on here, but someone only mentioned in passing.

Breaking Dawn (LOVED the new movie by the way, although I'm more of a Truebie - True Blood - than a Twihard, but I have read all the books and can't wait for the next flick) - I have read in multiple places that orgasms can help with conception - but at the same time, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have conceived without orgasming, so I wouldn't think it would hinder it.

BTW, I know O or O-ing is slang for ovulating on BnB, but does anyone else think of orgasming when writing that? :rofl:

Love love lovee trueblood and twilight and all things vampire - related.

Soft cups are "cups" that are used for menstruation, insert them to capture blood - environmentally friendly. TTC-ers use them after BD to keep the sperm pooled by the cervix.

I completely agree with you on "O", i always think of it as orgasm and Ov as ovulationg!

That is totally true about O or O-ing! :rolf:

Breaking Dawn is right - that is what soft cups are. I had only ever heard from them from a BnB buddy the other day, and now am on the hunt to find them. Next step is to figure out how to use it...will let you ladies know if I have any luck with them!

:hi: everyone. I have a great feeling about this thread, let's hope our :bfp: are just around the corner!

Signora, I like that you are so kind to your DH and don't want to put him under any pressure. My DH doesn't get such an easy ride (excuse the pun! :haha:). I'm like "right hun, my monitor's at peak, you've got like five minutes to get in the mood" :haha: ! Okay, perhaps it's not quite that bad, but he knows what his role is!!!

It's interesting how much our other halves know about the TTC business. I think my DH knows more than he wants to. Each day I show him my BBT chart and he gives me a fake smile of interest - it means nothing to him (to be fair, it's my first month of doing BBT and it only means something to me after hours of obsessive Googling)! I'm not quite at the stage of shoving my OPKs in his face to see if he can 'see the line' but who knows when that'll kick in!

Well, today I'm 4-5dpo and while I'm desperately searching for even a hint of a sign, there's nothing. Absolutely nothing. No cramping, no sore bbs, no headaches, no gas, no backache, no nothing. I keep poking my bbs and I'm like 'yeah, they feel a little bit sore' and then I think 'no wonder you fool, stop pinching them'! :dohh:

I'm so glad you lovely ladies are here to share the journey, you can see how easy it would be for me to turn into a total nut otherwise! :flower:

Sending you all lots and lots of :dust:

Thanks, Happenstance! I've shared so much with DH in the last few months, but I began to realize him knowing all of these details has caused him to worry a bit, which isn't what I want when we're BD-ing! I've read that can happen with husbands sometimes, and I was actually just seeing an old friend tonight and told her we were TTC. She shared that she went through IUI some time ago and I asked for advice and the first thing she said was that in retrospect, her husband was feeling a lot of pressure and she wished he didn't.

I'm hoping you start seeing some signs! You made me LOL with the BBS pinching! My friend shared an emoticon that is very appropriate for that! :holly:

I'm currently on CD 15 and supposed to be O-ing (so we have been BD-ing this week), but my OPKs were all negative this week and my temp seemed to rise from 98 to 98.3 to 98.6 in the last few days and didn't have any CM. :growlmad: Figures I would finally figure out that my O window is days 14, 15 and 16 every month and then I don't seem to O! I'm hoping we're lucky though!

Happenstance and LearningLife - if you both test around the 21st or 22nd, I'll be thinking of you both and praying for your :bfp:! AF is scheduled Christmas or the 26th, but if she doesn't show up I'm trying to hold off until about a week or so after. My MPs are never less than 25 days and never more than 27, so I'll know something is up if she doesn't show!

Anyways, good night and wishing you lots of :dust:!

SignoraL: I'm just catching up on all the notes and wanted to say thank you for thinking of us and praying for us. I'm not as symptomatic as I originally thought and will either be testing if I don't see AF, which basically does mean testing on the 21st or 22nd.

:hugs:

:hi: everyone. I have a great feeling about this thread, let's hope our :bfp: are just around the corner!

Signora, I like that you are so kind to your DH and don't want to put him under any pressure. My DH doesn't get such an easy ride (excuse the pun! :haha:). I'm like "right hun, my monitor's at peak, you've got like five minutes to get in the mood" :haha: ! Okay, perhaps it's not quite that bad, but he knows what his role is!!!

It's interesting how much our other halves know about the TTC business. I think my DH knows more than he wants to. Each day I show him my BBT chart and he gives me a fake smile of interest - it means nothing to him (to be fair, it's my first month of doing BBT and it only means something to me after hours of obsessive Googling)! I'm not quite at the stage of shoving my OPKs in his face to see if he can 'see the line' but who knows when that'll kick in!

Well, today I'm 4-5dpo and while I'm desperately searching for even a hint of a sign, there's nothing. Absolutely nothing. No cramping, no sore bbs, no headaches, no gas, no backache, no nothing. I keep poking my bbs and I'm like 'yeah, they feel a little bit sore' and then I think 'no wonder you fool, stop pinching them'! :dohh:

I'm so glad you lovely ladies are here to share the journey, you can see how easy it would be for me to turn into a total nut otherwise! :flower:

Sending you all lots and lots of :dust:

Thanks, Happenstance! I've shared so much with DH in the last few months, but I began to realize him knowing all of these details has caused him to worry a bit, which isn't what I want when we're BD-ing! I've read that can happen with husbands sometimes, and I was actually just seeing an old friend tonight and told her we were TTC. She shared that she went through IUI some time ago and I asked for advice and the first thing she said was that in retrospect, her husband was feeling a lot of pressure and she wished he didn't.

I'm hoping you start seeing some signs! You made me LOL with the BBS pinching! My friend shared an emoticon that is very appropriate for that! :holly:

I'm currently on CD 15 and supposed to be O-ing (so we have been BD-ing this week), but my OPKs were all negative this week and my temp seemed to rise from 98 to 98.3 to 98.6 in the last few days and didn't have any CM. :growlmad: Figures I would finally figure out that my O window is days 14, 15 and 16 every month and then I don't seem to O! I'm hoping we're lucky though!

Happenstance and LearningLife - if you both test around the 21st or 22nd, I'll be thinking of you both and praying for your :bfp:! AF is scheduled Christmas or the 26th, but if she doesn't show up I'm trying to hold off until about a week or so after. My MPs are never less than 25 days and never more than 27, so I'll know something is up if she doesn't show!

Anyways, good night and wishing you lots of :dust:!

signora, I know what you mean about not telling dh everything. I made that mistake too. :blush: Now it's fine, but there were times when he was like I just don't want to know what kind of cm you had today. :rofl: I was like really?! Then who am I supposed to talk about this with?! Then, I found BnB. :haha: He's been much happier since.

LOL! :laugh2: I think the problem is that he's too interested and concerned sometimes and I think having the knowledge at his fingertips puts a little pressure on him. So I don't want him to think, "Oh she's O-ing," I want him to think "Damn, I'm getting lucky, four time in one week!" Kinda keeps the pressure off, you know? :winkwink:

LOVE it!!! =)

:hi: ladies!

What a great idea to put our buddies names in our threads, my signature is too long anyway so it needs a revamp! Can I count you all in as my ttc buddies? (PS once your name is in my signature it gives me the right to obsess over your POAS action as much as my own - you've been warned!!!) :hugs:

LearningLife, it's great that we're on the same cycle. Unfortunately for me, I'm out this month. Started spotting today (and have done on cd22 for the past 3 months in the lead up to the :witch: It's so annoying as I never used to get anything like this). I've had my second 21-day blood test done this week but won't have the results back till after Christmas. I've heard vitamin b-50 complex can help 'regulate' your cycle so I'm going to try that. I'll make a trip to the chemist tomorrow and buy some. So I'm counting on you ladies to bring the Christmas :bfp: to this thread. :winkwink:

Are any of you tracking your temperatures? I was on FertilityFriend.com earlier (just joined and in my trial VIP membership period) and I noticed that it gave me 7 out of 100 points for the possibility of me being pregnant this month. I'm like 'you're meant to be a fertility FRIEND! Why are you being so mean?!'. So, FertilityFriend and I are not currently on speaking terms (until tomorrow when I have to log my temp)!!! :haha:

Signora, I don't know what you do for a living but you should be a male psychologist! You've managed to work out the perfect system! Us ladies would totally know something was happening whereas the men-folk are quite simple-minded (especially if they think they're getting some!) and don't ask too many questions! What's concerning me is that DH has now started asking when we're back on for some 'baby-dancing'. It sounds perfectly normal among you lovely TTC buddies, but it sounds kinda strange coming from him!!!

How's everyone else getting on? We should probably make a list of everyone's name, cycle date, test date etc as it'll be much easier to keep track of everything? We could update it each week? What do you all think? (please note: as I am unable to obsess over POAS this month then my obsessions may be drifting elsewhere! :haha:)

I'll go first and if you want to join me then feel free!

Happenstance (age 30, dh 41), TTC #1, Cycle 5, UCL (Usual Cycle Length) 26-29, cd22

I think that covers it!

Good luck everyone and keep me updated. Sending you all lots and lots of :dust:

Happenstance: Dislike to hear about the spotting - hoping it's IB bleeding! I'm keeping my FX for you. I'm only just catching up to everyone's conversations so am looking anxiously to what you said next! :hugs:

PS: Thanks for being my 'same cycle' friend :)

babyfeva: I've also heard pillow-propping be the conversation in this forum. We've really only pillow-propped once this cycle and I don't hold my legs up or anything. Like SignoraL mentions in her response, we do lay there for at least 15 mins. Not too much longer for fear of UTI! Some have said pillow propping type position helps the swimmers swim up better, but I have no idea if that's true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->