TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Awww this thread is so quiet these days. I remember when I couldn't keep up with it! Man did this thread keep me sane when I most needed it. Chucking a bit of year end baby dust about for those left lurking that need it..... Xx

Ness...still amazed! Xx

Hi girls, I am just hoping to make some new bnb friends that are close to my age and still childless too (not by choice). I'm 38 and going on my sixth year wishing for #1. I don't say ttc anymore because we've been through the ringer with ntnp, then naturally trying, then medications, surgery, IUIS, IVF-nothing ever worked and we are unexplained with no pregnancies ever for either one of us (dh is turning 40 this month). So-now we are just sort of figuring it will never happen but wistful that there could be a surprise someday or maybe will possibly pursue snowflake/embryo adoption at some point but have spent all our savings on both ttc treatments and also therapy/training/help for my recently diagnosed autistic husband (who is also out of work at the moment since the diagnosis).

Welcome Titi! It's very frustrating isn't it why something so easy for some can be so hard for others? I'm a year older than you...almost two years older in July. :wacko: I've been off BCP for five years and still no baby.

This forum is great for support and trying to find answers. It's been a godsend at times.

I am so down these days. My mother told me on friday that she had menopause at 45! ! ! Since then I just cant lift up. I have not slept for two nights, its so hard to carry with work and everything as I feel like this is the end of my dream of having two children.and if we r lucky with threatment we might have one.i am coming to terms having only one child plus now I might not have any. I am so angry with my mother. she is not easy to talk to, she never opens up about anything and never shows any positive emotions. I cried and cried and cried yesterday and my partner does not understand why I am so upset as I will be 36 and in his opinion we have plenty of time.he does not know absolutely anything about fertlity, his mum is 58 and still no menopause. I feel so alone, I am sorry for rambling and sorry if I am making people depressed but I just have nobody to talk about this. all I here is just relax.i just want to shout:f... y...all! when I talk to my 31 year old friend that has two children she tells me: 'gosh I need to remember how lucky I am and stop complaining about pitty things'. so I have become the reminder of how bad it could be so I am actually making people happy about their own lives. I am so tired of ttc, I never realized what it can do to people. I wish you all to be strong and not to give up as not giving up is so hard. x

Sorry you are down Doodle. Hopefully things will work out for you. You came to the right place to vent though - get it all out here, where we are all going through similar emotions.

My reproductive hero is one of my mother's friend, who after 10 years TTC, got pregnant. She started what she thought was premature menopause at 40. She has since had two healthy children. It was like her ovaries decided to kick into gear just in time.

Thank you. I feel so much better today and had some sleep too. My mum is just unbelievable. I love her very much and I know she had a hard life and that's caused her to be the way she is but this time she really annoyed me.as she was never open with me its sort of embarrassing for me to talk about anything around ttc, menopause, periods etc. when she told me last friday that she had menopause at 45 she also said she told the doctor and let it go so was not really sure. I took the courage yesterday and sent her a message asking her to call her doctor to check when she really had it as I need to know for sure due to fertility. and she did. I could not believe her reply.she had her menopause completed in 2004. so she was 50 years old! ! ! thats 5 years late. omg. I felt like a massive stone fell off me. I know I need to learn to communicate with my mum and for all you that have a normal relationship with your mums probably might thing I am pathetic and immature about asking her but it really took lots of courage to do.i am glad I did. Thank you again for even just reading my post and good luck to you all ladies. I hope our luck will come this year! :) x

Oh wow, how sad that this thread has gone silent... As I am coming up on my 1 & only miracle's 4th birthday, I am getting nostalgic, so I figured I'd pop in... I'm sure there must be another TTC #1, >35 out there. If anyone comes upon this post, then you will receive mobs & mobs of:

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Yes, this thread and all the support Ladies gave here, all the advices and all the cheering up - it was amazing :cloud9: truly grateful I had all you back then with me, you all know who you are if you ever pop in :kiss:
Ps, Miss you LilS :hugs:

Hi mojojo and thebear. This thread was amazing. The best support ever and many of us are still in touch. It would be great to get it up and running again.

I loved this thread back while ttc our son, and I would love to be back chatting with lovely Ladies again :) though we are ttc #2 so I guess it is not appropriate..

Hello ladies, i was not much of a contributer but read this thread a lot while on an emotional roller coaster while ttc our daughter. We r ttc #2 now at age of 39. Asryella I agree, and maybe we could start another thread for ttc #2. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->