TTC 1st Child, naturally, 35, cycle #2

SloanPet77

1st Trimester
Reaction score
Hi All,

So I have been bouncing around different forums trying to figure out where I fit in. The TTC 1st time crowd are all 20 somethings, and it makes me feel like an old lady! But I also feel like the 35 an older are mostly on the journey of IVF etc. I am 35, married 1 year, TTC our first, naturally. Stopped BCP July 1st. I am just using ovulation calculator and today I finally broke down and got the FR OPK ($46! wowza!).

I am currently on CD 8, with 30 day cycles. Should be O sometime around the 18th? but not quite sure. The calculator says it should be Aug 18-22 however I always feel it right around CD 11?

Anyhow thats my story, if you want to be buddies! :muaha::muaha:

I'm also new to the forums, and I'm 35. Me and my husband have been married for almost ten years. We have a 14 year old son, an 8 year old daughter, and just decided we really wanted another (we've been tossing around the idea for about a year, but didn't want to try until we were both POSITIVE.) This will be our first month trying, and I'm just now coming off of AF so we shall see! :) My chart says O at around the 21st. I'm pretty nervous, because I'm not as young as I used to be lol. My Mom seems to be tossing out opinions here and there that she thinks I'm too old for another, and that I should rethink it, etc. "You're giving up your life. You have one kid nearly out the door, and the other half way there. Are you crazy?" The way I see it, I have ZERO regrets about either one of my children, and I'm not ready to be put out to pasture yet! lol. I just hope my body agrees with me, so I won't hear an "I told you so" out of her next. lol Good luck to you! :)

Hey there Tennessee!

The decision is for you and your husband to make, not your mother. Even if you have kids almost out the door doesnt mean you stop being a mom anyway. Your a mom for life and if thats what you chose to do then go for it and dont ask peoples opinions. Do you think maybe your mom just thinks she will have to babysit and she doesnt want to anymore?

DH and i got into a fight last night so he refused to DTD with me :( so im not sure if anything will happen this month. He is resentful that we didnt DTD everyday before and all of a sudden I am using him. Not sure how to make him feel special and not a sperm bank? any suggesstions?

Hi girls,

I'm 36, ttc #1 for 24 months. Trying naturally, I'm not very keen on the idea of IVF since my results are fine.
Tennesse, it's your family, it's between you and your partner, and nobody should interfere, not even mom.

Sloan, I ran into the same issue, but I solved it :) He didn't liked it that the sex became as a task/duty. So meanwhile I started taking different supplements among which was the Maca root known to increase the sex desire. So I started "asking" for sex (I'm not calling it BD in front of him- he loses the desire when he hears that) not only during ovulation, but random times in the month, even during period, random times in the day. He loved that I suddenly became so active and he blamed that to the supplements. Problem solved. The Maca did increase my libido and I'm not accused of using him anymore. :)

So to both of you- make babies and have fun while making them :)

I agree, it is our decision. And as for her being afraid of having to babysit, that has NEVER came into play. I have had a sitter for my kids TWO TIMES total their entire lives lol. My mom lives 3 and a half hours away currently. She moved about six months ago to be closer to her new husbands family and grandkids, and she watches them for his daughter daily. I think maybe shes upset that now that shes moved closer to his family , now I may have a baby that she wont be as much a part of as shed like to be, although she does come up for visits about once every two months. I think also she worries about our finances. We do fine. We do not have many bills, and we are not in debt to anyone. No credit cards or anything. However we are a one income family as I stay home with the kids, so I think she worries about how tight money will be, but hey.. I'm okay with broke and happy. lol So long as bills get paid, I'm not worried about having "extras". I can also totally relate to your stories about your OHs, lol. My husband told me the other night , "Gee you just suck the fun right out of everything" but luckily he laughed after lol, so I'm trying to not talk about it so much. I do know hes just as much on board as I am though, because I asked him tonight, "So what if we're jumping the gun?.. What if we're making a mistake having another?". His response was , "Nooo , you cant just change your mind!" lol

Malamae welcome! Glad your here. What CD are you on?
Tennessee glad to hear hubby is so supportive! When do you girls ovulate and plan to test?

I'm on CD4, ovulation probably on Aug. 29th. As for testing, I'm taking temperature, so I usually have a dip before ovulation.

Hi All,

So I have been bouncing around different forums trying to figure out where I fit in. The TTC 1st time crowd are all 20 somethings, and it makes me feel like an old lady! But I also feel like the 35 an older are mostly on the journey of IVF etc. I am 35, married 1 year, TTC our first, naturally. Stopped BCP July 1st. I am just using ovulation calculator and today I finally broke down and got the FR OPK ($46! wowza!).

I am currently on CD 8, with 30 day cycles. Should be O sometime around the 18th? but not quite sure. The calculator says it should be Aug 18-22 however I always feel it right around CD 11?

Anyhow thats my story, if you want to be buddies! :muaha::muaha:

Hi,
My doctor told me that it takes at least 3 months to get the BC pill out of your system. He advised me not to TTC until after 3 months after being on BC. I am sure you will conceive soon.

Ok sounds good ladies! I am testing sept 2nd! We DTD aug 16, 18 and plan on the 20th and 22nd! Hope that covers it! So I guess I'll be the first to test on our group.

Smilingirl thank you for the tip on BC I think that varies because my dr said I could be pg within 2 weeks of being off. I have had a very regular cycle my entire life and according to the opk I am ovulating right on schedule, so we will see!

Hello. I am still relatively new to this site, but I have spent the past 2 months on the TTC #1 thread. Since I was not technically 35 yet, I did not feel 'qualified' to go anywhere else. However, like Sloan, I kind of felt like the 'older' woman of the threads. I am a part of a great thread though. Great ladies! I just would like to be with ladies similar to my age that know all that comes with TTC after 35.

DH and I have been married since April. The two years prior to the wedding we were not trying, not preventing, but after the wedding we decided to get serious about it. He will be 29 in about 2 weeks and I turned 35 last weekend. I have PCOS, but I do ovulate. My cycles are longer, but now that I started Pregnitude a month and a half ago, they are shortening. Last cycle was 48 days and this cycle should be around 37. It's a good start!

I am currently in my TWW at 7DPO. I am trying to hold out to test until Sunday, but my willpower wavers! We will see if I can hold out. This cycle I have had tender breasts since 2DPO which is quite insane really. My temps also look better and I had a dip yesterday at 6DPO. All the same, I am trying to stay cynical and grounded to avoid disappointment again.

Anyhow, I hope you don't mind me joining in on your thread. Best of luck and :dust: to all!

Girls,
What OPK are you using? I just bought "First response" digital 20 pack and it says once LH is detected the digital reader shuts down. WTH?! $60 per month for that??
Anybody using something cheaper?

Welcome Elpha! yes you are absolutely welcom here! I am only 2 DPO (I think?) so your ahead of me, i am testing Sept 2nd.

Malamae, i am also using the first response OPK 20 pack. It helped but threw me off because i didnt really even notice that I had surged until i layed out all the sticks next to eachother and thought maybe I O'd on the 19th according to the sticks but I felt it yesterday so I obviously missed my window because we only had sex on the 18th, 20th, and 21st? So if I O'd on the 22nd i am probably out right? Do you girls ever get bad ovulation pains? this month was a first for me but it literally felt like AF cramps and even made my upper inner thighs ache?

Hello. I am still relatively new to this site, but I have spent the past 2 months on the TTC #1 thread. Since I was not technically 35 yet, I did not feel 'qualified' to go anywhere else. However, like Sloan, I kind of felt like the 'older' woman of the threads. I am a part of a great thread though. Great ladies! I just would like to be with ladies similar to my age that know all that comes with TTC after 35.

DH and I have been married since April. The two years prior to the wedding we were not trying, not preventing, but after the wedding we decided to get serious about it. He will be 29 in about 2 weeks and I turned 35 last weekend. I have PCOS, but I do ovulate. My cycles are longer, but now that I started Pregnitude a month and a half ago, they are shortening. Last cycle was 48 days and this cycle should be around 37. It's a good start!

I am currently in my TWW at 7DPO. I am trying to hold out to test until Sunday, but my willpower wavers! We will see if I can hold out. This cycle I have had tender breasts since 2DPO which is quite insane really. My temps also look better and I had a dip yesterday at 6DPO. All the same, I am trying to stay cynical and grounded to avoid disappointment again.

Anyhow, I hope you don't mind me joining in on your thread. Best of luck and :dust: to all!

Also what exactly is PCOS? I keep hearing it but am not sure what it is?

Sloan, the sticks just show + and -, there is no faint or strong lines, these are some new digital. You said "layed out all the sticks next to eachother"- are those the regular pee ones or digital?
If you had sex on 21st and O on 22nd, should be fine, the sperm should live 3 days.

As for ovulation pains I use to have really bad ones, cramps on the right side (at the beginning I thought is appendicitis). But since I started going to a chiropractor (almost a year) I don't feel anything, I don't even feel when I get the period now.
I know it's stupid but I kinda miss those ovulation cramps- at least I knew when I ovulated.

Oh I didnt see the + - ones? Yes mine are the lines. Next month I am going to do way more DTD at the end and less at the begining, I always thought I O'd around CD 12 but it looks like its closer to 16? I am so lost, I guess we can just do it for 7 days in a row? You dont O until next week right?

PCOS is polycystic ovary syndrome. I believe nine is mild compared to most. I am what they consider nontraditional because I have irregular cycles but I still have them and I do ovulate. A lot of women with PCOS never ovulate without medical intervention. Instead, the egg they try to release never fully matures and releases and the follicle turns into a cyst which after awhile can appear like a string of pearls on the ovary. This happens typically because of androgens in their system like testosterone and estrogen dominance. The testosterone can also cause unwanted back hair, hair on the upper lip, thinning hair, acne, and contribute to obesity. It often goes undiagnosed too! There is a lot more to it, but that is the rundown. I am on Metformin for the insulin resistance part and I take the new (to the US) supplement Pregnitude to help regulate my cycles. It seems to be working so far.

I use Internet cheapies for OPK. I bought 100 Wondfo dip strips and 20 pregnancy tests bundled together for $25 on amazon. They work just as well as the First Response (not digi) and Answer tests I used. I actually had a terrible time with the First Response ones. I also just started using the Preseed external lubricant. The inserts weirded me out a little, but it is supposed to only help the 'little guys' swim.

I am going to start using the Ovacue Fertility monitor with vaginal sensor next cycle because the OPKs can be so confusing. I found a use monitor on eBay for half the new price and I bought vaginal sensor new. It is supposed to help irregular folks like me! :)

Sloan, I was reading some doctor's article that O on 14-16 day is good since the egg has time to mature. How long is your luteal phase?
I should ovulate around Aug. 27-29 (13-15 CD). This month besides the BBT, I'm using OPK and saliva test. I'm trying to pinpoint it.

Elphabaa, thanks for the tip. That's a great price for OPK. I hear the Fertility monitor is great especially if you are irregular. Tell us how it goes.

I will! I am excited to try it actually. :) So many good stories about it.

I have no idea on my lutheal phase? I have 30 day cycles on the dot. I think I O'd on CD 61 or 17?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->