TTC 1st Child, naturally, 35, cycle #2

I have no idea on my lutheal phase? I have 30 day cycles on the dot. I think I O'd on CD 61 or 17?

16 would be a good guess with a 30 day cycle. The average luteal phase is 14 days, but a lit of women range between 12 and 16 day luteal phases. Mine has been exactly 12 days the past 2 cycles. It needs to be at least 10 days or it might indicate a progesterone deficiency(also common in PCOS women). Estrogen peaks before ovulation and Progesterone peaks after ovulation. It is what makes your temp rise after ovulation if you chart temps.

Sloan, we have similar periods :) I guess you have 13-14 DPO which is perfect.
Elphabaa, mine was 12-13 days DPO and with B6 (later B Complex) I extended it to 14-15 days :)

hey you gals should get the app "P tracker lite" the app has a flower on the front. i just logged in all my info and it nailed my ovulation date to a T! my girlfriend used the app and got pregnant her first try, no opk or anything. check it out, if you have iphones!

hey you gals should get the app "P tracker lite" the app has a flower on the front. i just logged in all my info and it nailed my ovulation date to a T! my girlfriend used the app and got pregnant her first try, no opk or anything. check it out, if you have iphones!

I do have an iPhone. I am already using My Days and Fertility Friend. Since my cycles change so much I find they all have a hard time predicting for me. My Days is especially terrible but I have been using it for over 2 years just to track periods before so there is a lot of data in there for me. I also use countdowntopregnancy.com but it isn't an app, it is just a place where I can over obsess on two week wait symptoms and pregnancy test stats by DPO. They also have charting and symptom trackers.

B12 is actually very good! :) It helps with the Myo-Inositol production in your body which helps keep your hormones in line which in turn helps to regulate your cycle to a normal range and make the eggs better. The Pregnitude I take contains Myo-Inositol and Folic Acid. PCOS women are typically deficient in B and D vitamins. My OBGYN has me taking prescription prenatals as well. I have been on the Metformin and an over the counter prenatal since May. The Pregnitude and prescription prenatals I started in July. It is supposed to take at least 3 months to start seeing a change with the Pregnitude, but after a month and a half I am already seeing one. My luteal phase may have been 14 days last month, it was hard to tell for sure when I ovulated because my temps had a slow rise. I thought I O'd 2 days earlier than Fertility Friend did. I will know better this time around since ovulation was more obvious.

I'm using too My Days and Fertilty Friend. My days have been using it for a year and just recently discovered Fertility Friend. I like this one.
Anyway I ran into a problem, so as I said previously, this month beside the charting, I'm using OPK and saliva monitor.
The BBT doesn't show ovulation (an I always have a pre-O dip), but the O stick showed "+". Today is my CD 10 (sounds too early for ovulation) . Saliva test shows ferning as well.
I cannot retest because the fancy digital "First response" SHUTS DOWN PERMANENTLY after a positive test, so I'm left with 15 tests (sticks) and I have to buy new package (already paid $60 for this one).
I don't know what am I pissed at more- possible early ovulation or that I spent so much money on ovuation test.

I'm using too My Days and Fertilty Friend. My days have been using it for a year and just recently discovered Fertility Friend. I like this one.
Anyway I ran into a problem, so as I said previously, this month beside the charting, I'm using OPK and saliva monitor.
The BBT doesn't show ovulation (an I always have a pre-O dip), but the O stick showed "+". Today is my CD 10 (sounds too early for ovulation) . Saliva test shows ferning as well.
I cannot retest because the fancy digital "First response" SHUTS DOWN PERMANENTLY after a positive test, so I'm left with 15 tests (sticks) and I have to buy new package (already paid $60 for this one).
I don't know what am I pissed at more- possible early ovulation or that I spent so much money on ovuation test.

Can you link your chart on Fertility Friend? Cycles can vary every time and ovulating on CD10 isn't unheard of. If you got a + OPK and see some ferning on your saliva scope, I think you should be sure to BD! I have never heard of the First Response digital tests, sounds like a crap test if you pay for that many tests and it shuts down when it shows a positive. I have been told the Clear Blue Easy Digital OPKs do not do that. They are just a simple stick like a pregnancy test, and they are even all packaged separately so that you do not have to worry about using them in 30 days. At least that is my understanding. Nobody has ever reported a problem with them.

Fertility Friend won't show when you O, it will only confirm it after your temps spike so I guess the only way you will know for sure is if your temp spikes and stays up. I would be BD'ing just in case! There is still time. Unless Hubby won't be home?

Good luck!

Can you link your chart on Fertility Friend? Cycles can vary every time and ovulating on CD10 isn't unheard of. If you got a + OPK and see some ferning on your saliva scope, I think you should be sure to BD! I have never heard of the First Response digital tests, sounds like a crap test if you pay for that many tests and it shuts down when it shows a positive. I have been told the Clear Blue Easy Digital OPKs do not do that. They are just a simple stick like a pregnancy test, and they are even all packaged separately so that you do not have to worry about using them in 30 days. At least that is my understanding. Nobody has ever reported a problem with them.

Fertility Friend won't show when you O, it will only confirm it after your temps spike so I guess the only way you will know for sure is if your temp spikes and stays up. I would be BD'ing just in case! There is still time. Unless Hubby won't be home?

Good luck!

I always have big O dip, but on the otherhand I may not have it this month.

I checked the cervix and the mucus too- the cervix is still low and the mucus is still creamy- so no O according to this.:wacko:

I guess more :sex: for us :winkwink: Hubby is very happy for this. He said he smelled me this morning that I'm ovulating. :haha:

As for the the chart, let's see if this link works (it should show current and last period):
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3daab1

Sorry to be annoying, but suddenly I feel so stressed :cry:. After this I may actually give up charting, OPK, saliva monitor and everything (except talking to you girls:))!
Just have :sex: every second day. More fun and no stress, right?!

Good luck!

I always have big O dip, but on the otherhand I may not have it this month.

I checked the cervix and the mucus too- the cervix is still low and the mucus is still creamy- so no O according to this.:wacko:

I guess more :sex: for us :winkwink: Hubby is very happy for this. He said he smelled me this morning that I'm ovulating. :haha:

As for the the chart, let's see if this link works (it should show current and last period):
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3daab1

Well, I guess it is hard to tell for sure. I would agree with you, it doesn't really 'look' like you are O'ing and the ovulation test may have been faulty. Plus, I have read those saliva ferning scopes can be really hard to read. So maybe you didn't? It sucks you spent so much on OPKs that don't seem to have worked for you at all!!! Maybe when you can, just purchase the cheapies on Amazon. Look for Wondfo, although I know people use the cheapies from the early pregnancy tests website and are fine with those.

Although, since the SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) seems to have great results, why not BD anyhow if your hubby is up for it? That is when you BD every other day up until you get your surge, then you BD every day until your temp spikes, wait one day, and then BD again the next day. :sex: is always good for baby making, regardless of other ways to predict ovulation! :haha:

Elphabaa!! Thanks so much!!!
I'll definitely take your advice re: BD and cheap O tests!

If nothing else, so much :sex: is great as workout and makes you happy, as well :haha:

sorry about the opk test, that totally sucks! At least the FR ones that i have last for two months and you can take as many as you want? I think the SMEP is the best way to go! I start DTD on CD 11 and continue every other day until a positive OPK then i DTD everyday until the day after O. when you think about it its only really 5 days of DTD? thats not bad. I am so confident in that app i got, thats all i am going to do nest month other than SMEP of course.

Malamae will this be your first baby? Elpha how about you? I know you told me in earlier threads but I forgot. malamae just DTD like crazy! I also heard that is makes a difference if the woman has an orgasm sorry TMI but its true! even if you have to use a helping device, they say it increases your chances! xoxo

Hi ladies!! This is a great thread. :flower:

SloanPet, TennesseeMom, I'm 37, DH is 29... we started TTC and tried for 3 months (no BFP... boo) and this month we're taking a break, but will start TTC again next month. My plan is to TTC naturally for 6-7 months total and then go get tests to make sure everything is ok! I have 28-day cycles on the dot, and am very regular, so I'm hoping that will lead to a BFP soon.

MalaMae - Wow, I can't believe the FR Digi OPK shuts down after a positive!!! That sucks!! I did an OPK the past 2 months and just bought the drugstore-brand (RiteAid) that's supposed to be the same as the Answer OPK. It's $17/month, you get 20 strips that you dip, and they seemed to work ok both months! I got a positive on CD 14 one month and a positive on CD 15 the next (right when I should for the 28-day cycle, so I was glad about that).
I know what you mean about DH reacting differently to BD'ing!! The first month we TTC, he got pretty nervous and couldn't even finish a couple times!! The 2nd month it was better b/c I didn't talk so much about TTC, and last month was totally fine (and back to being fun again, thankfully). It seems like he likes it a LOT more if HE initiates instead of me, so now I think my plan of attack will be to kinda see if I can turn him on, and then walk away and let him come after me (that sems to be what usually happens, although not on purpose!!) :D

Smilinggirl - it's definitely your decision when to start TTC after coming off of BCP's, but for reference, my best friend went off her BCP's and got pregnant that same month!! She has a very happy, smart, healthy 4-year-old now.

Elphabaa - I just got married too!! We got married in April, and started TTC in May.

AFM - I think next month I'll do the SMEP too!! I think I'll try to start BD'ing on CD8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16 (assuming I ovulate on CD 14... I'll do another OPK to make sure). I'm taking a RainbowLight Prenatal One multivitamin, RainbowLight DHA, extra folic acid, and CoQ10. The CoQ10 thread is the whole reason I joined this forum... I just started taking it, and am hoping it helps give me a BFP like several women in that thread!! :D

:dust:

Welcome Moondust!

what does the CoQ10 do? I am taking New Chapter Perfect Prenatals and Nordic Natural DHA.

SMEP isn't that much BD'ing if you have a normal cycle! ;-) however when your cycle can push 40 or even 50 days... you get burnt out.

This would be our first, no kids yet.

I have heard good things about CoQ10, I just don't want to overdo any of the supplements yet. My OBGYN put me on prescription prenatals but I don't know what brand they are? She also put me on Pregnitude for PCOS. I started to take Royal Jelly but I stopped. Figured until fertility work ups in January I should keep to what my doc said for now. However, the CoQ10 is peaking my interest.

Love this thread!!!
Girls, you are hilarious!
Moondust, love your BD plan. I use to do plans like that and it worked, now we are back to normal with no pressure on both of us.
Sloan, spicing up the sex is always great! :) And yes, this will be our first baby (and first pregnancy ever).
I still can't believe that the FR Digi OPK is such a crap! I'm buying the cheap ones.
As for the CoQ10- I know that it should increase the quality of the egg, and is safe to take it through the whole month.

Girls, what supplements are you taking? Do you have any specific schedule?
Mine is the following (started mid of April):
-through the whole month: Prenatal, vit. C and B-complex, Raw Honey with Royal Jelly and Bee Pollen, and CoQ10
-CD1-Ovulation add: Evening Primrose Oil
-CD5-Ovulation add: Dong Quai
-CD5-AF add: Maca
-Ovulation-AF adding: Omega
I know it sounds a lot, but I decided to give it a try after 2 y. TTC. They are all safe, except for the Dong Quai (which I'm not taking a full dose).These are all towards imroving egg quality, bringing more blood to uterus, increasing mucus.

If you are concerned with cervical mucus production, have you thought about using Preseed lubricant? We started with it this past cycle. It was pretttttty enjoyable! :blush: Plus, unlike other lubricants, it helps the little guys.

I am only on the prenatals, metformin (for PCOS insulin resistance), and the Pregnitude supplement. It helps with egg quality and cycle regulation, supposed to help other PCOS symptoms too.

What is Dong Quai?

Wow! Some girls I have something in common with!! I've been stalking this site for a few weeks, but haven't found any conversations I wanted to join. I am 36, DH is 29 we were married in April (although been together 8 yrs). Started TTC #1 in June. I've been on BCP for at least 15 yrs and have endomeriosis. My doctor doesn't think I should have a problems conceiving naturally though. I've only had one AF since getting off the BCP and I am currently on CD36. The last cycle was 35 from time of ending BCP till AF and I did O with lots of EWCM and sore bb's. This cycle I'm not sure if I o'd and my bb's have been so sore for the last few days I decided to do OPK just in case, but nothing. I'm so confused!!!!

Enjoyable with Pre-seed?! I'm getting it right away :winkwink:
Dong Quai is for inviting the period back, regulates it, balances the hormones, increases the blood flow to uterus etc. Here's a website, it may be more helpfull than me :): https://natural-fertility-info.com/dong-quai-fertility-herb.html
(the website has pretty good info about everything)

Welcome, Tryin36! It is pretty amazing thread. Are you taking any supplements?

Elphabaa, what's in the Pregnitude supplement?

THANKS! I'm fairly naive to all this TTC stuff. The only thing I'm taking is prenatals and metheldopa for HTN. I thought I would get a BFP this morning, but BFN. I've benn peeing like crazy and my bb's are so sore and still no AF, but I'm only one day late if I go off what my last cycle was. But maybe my cycles are all screwed up. I'm such an impatient person and a complete control freak. This is torture for me because I can't control it and I already feel like it's taking too long, even though I know it's not. Crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->