TTC #2 and preferred time to be pregnant?

AngelStarLynn

4 Angels and 1 Daughter
Reaction score
My SO and I are medically advised to TTC baby 2. I am an ovarian cancer survivor, and there is a STRONG family history of cancer in my family. We are extremely lucky to have our daughter, seeing as doctors told me years ago it would be extremely difficult to conceive and carry to term. We have a new family doctor and after discussing wanting to expand our family, she advised to do so as soon as possible. Then after the next baby we will go forward with preventative surgeries. Our daughter is now 13 months, and we want them close in age (clearly), but I have always wanted to be pregnant during the winter holidays (and I mean 6+ months pregnant). I know it may sound weird, but I think it is really romantic and more joyous. Has anyone else wanted to be pregnant during a certain season? I'm debating if I want to go back on bc or just start trying more for baby. I was 6+ months pregnant with my daughter during summer, and I was MISERABLE and really don't want to be due during the hot months. Sorry this is long, but I'm looking for advice and wondering if anyone else felt like this?

Congratulations on all your achievements! I understand what you mean I think it'd be nice to have a big bump at christmas! My daughter was one last month so I know what you mean about summer I'd like a spring/summer baby next time, around Easter maybe x x

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl, and on your recovery.
I know what you mean about seasonal preference for being pregnant. I was 7months pregnant at christmas and had the big bump next to the tree...but my daughter being born in February meant she was near the cut-off age for going to school- so she will be the youngest in the year :( or we make the hard decision to hold her back for a year while all her preschool friends move on to school :( To avoid this again we are absolutely set on having a late summer baby. If we get to January and still arent pregnant we are going to stop and wait 6months to get the birth date we want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->