TTC #2 Frustration!

Braven05

Mommy to Avery <3
Reaction score
Feeling very frustrated today. Hubby and I have been "trying" for baby #2 since July. Really we stopped using protection in July and were NTNP for awhile. I've been using OPKs and tried temping again this cycle but not having any luck. It's been almost a year, can't believe we haven't fallen pregnant yet! I'm so sad. I'm so ready to have another, I'm not getting any younger.

The timing is good, we just moved into our own, bigger house, I'm thinking about working from home come September, and I'm just so sad it's not happening. I have a hard time temping because my 21 month old DD still doesn't always sleep through the night. And I never had good luck with OPKs. Anyone else having a hard time conceiving baby #2? :wacko:

i definitely am with you and feel your frustration. i feel pregnant with my son second time me and his dad ever baby danced that relationship went really sour so i left. now im engaged to a wonderful man of god and can't seem to get pregnant it is definitely frustrating for me and my soon to be hubby. me recovering from the depo shot does not help either but im finally getting back to normal so maybe i will have a better chance in these coming up cycles
:hugs:

Well that does sound awfully frustrating. Hope you have some good luck soon!

Sorry you're having a hard time. Maybe your luteal phase is short because of breastfeeding? Hard to tell without temping though. Is there a time when she's always asleep? Maybe if you set an alarm, even if it's 5 am or something, that might work. And you can still get a pretty good idea of when you O and your luteal phase, even if you don't temp at precisely the same time each time.

Sorry you're having a hard time. Maybe your luteal phase is short because of breastfeeding? Hard to tell without temping though. Is there a time when she's always asleep? Maybe if you set an alarm, even if it's 5 am or something, that might work. And you can still get a pretty good idea of when you O and your luteal phase, even if you don't temp at precisely the same time each time.

Lol 5 is when I've been trying to take it but sometimes she wakes up at 2:30 or so. She's getting better but not consistent. I think my luteal phase is 12 like it was before I got pregnant with her but I'm not positive. I only breastfeed 1-2 times a day so I didn't think it'd be affecting anything. I suppose it's possible. We're going to try weaning in August, it's clear she's not going to wean herself lol

Hi There!

I know how you feel. We have been NTNP since baby was born in November and still nothing :shrug:

Everyone around me is getting pregnant. I really wanted Irish twins but now that dream is dead. We have used OPK 2 times since I had Lydia last November and it didn't happen.

What cycle day are you?

I am starting to take TTC more serious now that she is 6 months. I am looking for a buddy if you are interested?

I hear you! I've been NTNP since October and really focused on TTC since January just want it to happen NOW (or 3 months ago).

I also bf (only once or twice) and LO wakes up at irregular times but have started temping this month just to see what happens (though hasn't really worked for me in the past).

DS just started sleeping through most nights (7 til 7... I have NO IDEA how or why but am loving it) BUT, on weekdays I still get up at 5:45 to make hubby's brekky/lunch (yep I'm a sukcer). Anyway now that ds is still sleeping (he used to be up at 5), I go back to bed. So some days have taken my temp at 5:45, some days at 7:10 and there hasn't been a whole lot of difference (maybe 36.3 at 7:15 down to 36.1 at 5:45 but most days both are around 36.25) so I'm just going to see what happens - can't hurt. So if you get her back to sleep at 2:30 do you temping when you next get up or just not bother? I personally would.

I also have PCOS so OPKs don't really work for me either. I'm trying them again this month but not expecting much.

I know that a big part of my problem is the weight I've gained with no. 1 so am trying to eat less and get some exercise in too (and hey at least it takes my mind of ttc for an hour or two).

I'm CD6 (of 35 day cycle) so about another 10 days or so before I start using the OPKs. A loooong wait :(

Soooooo frustrating!!!

I am starting to take TTC more serious now that she is 6 months. I am looking for a buddy if you are interested?

I am CD 27 right now and usually have 31-32 day cycles (its not real regular). I usually ovulate on CD 19 or 20 but I think I may have on CD 18. Not positive though as FF hasn't pinpointed ov for me (probably because of my spotty temping).

I hear you! I've been NTNP since October and really focused on TTC since January just want it to happen NOW (or 3 months ago).

I also bf (only once or twice) and LO wakes up at irregular times but have started temping this month just to see what happens (though hasn't really worked for me in the past).

DS just started sleeping through most nights (7 til 7... I have NO IDEA how or why but am loving it) BUT, on weekdays I still get up at 5:45 to make hubby's brekky/lunch (yep I'm a sukcer). Anyway now that ds is still sleeping (he used to be up at 5), I go back to bed. So some days have taken my temp at 5:45, some days at 7:10 and there hasn't been a whole lot of difference (maybe 36.3 at 7:15 down to 36.1 at 5:45 but most days both are around 36.25) so I'm just going to see what happens - can't hurt. So if you get her back to sleep at 2:30 do you temping when you next get up or just not bother? I personally would.

I also have PCOS so OPKs don't really work for me either. I'm trying them again this month but not expecting much.

I know that a big part of my problem is the weight I've gained with no. 1 so am trying to eat less and get some exercise in too (and hey at least it takes my mind of ttc for an hour or two).

I'm CD6 (of 35 day cycle) so about another 10 days or so before I start using the OPKs. A loooong wait :(

Soooooo frustrating!!!

I'm with you on the weight gain, I'm thinking that's part of the problem too. I didn't gain any weight when I was pregnant, it all came afterwards! BFing made me crave sweets like I never have before and so hungry! So I'm quite a bit heavier than when I got pregnant with DD. I need to work on that I guess. Maybe by the end of the summer I'll be ready to work on my weight and we'll be weaned from BFing.

I work at a summer camp so busy season is no time at all for me to diet, it's just too hard. Seems like an excuse but I fail every time I try it.

If LO wakes up at 2:30 and I didn't wake up again until 7:00 then I would temp (I did that this morning) but that throws things off because I was temping at 5:00. It's all very frustrating. I know if I talk to my doctor about it too the weight issue will come up. :nope:

CD 1 for me. On to June. Here's hoping for a July BFP!!

I'm not nearly as positive as I sound. I'm actually sitting here in tears. I'm so sad. I just want a BFP. I want to feel the euphoria of knowing I'm growing a little person inside my stomach and knowing that I'm going to bring another amazing person into the world. My DH has no idea how upset I am about this because I'm trying not to let it show. It really sucks.

CD 1 for me. On to June. Here's hoping for a July BFP!!

I'm not nearly as positive as I sound. I'm actually sitting here in tears. I'm so sad. I just want a BFP. I want to feel the euphoria of knowing I'm growing a little person inside my stomach and knowing that I'm going to bring another amazing person into the world. My DH has no idea how upset I am about this because I'm trying not to let it show. It really sucks.

I really do know how you feel. It's so hard. I really thought that once I had ds I wouldn't feel that longing so badly.

Please don't cry anymore.... try and think that is the last time you'll see AF for a looooooong while :) I know DH is really keen to have another baby (he would have had me pregnant when ds was 3 months old.... and now I wish I had tried then before I gained MORE weight).... Silly hindsight!

I'm on cd11 so gearing up for a bit of a bd marathon over the next 2 weeks as I THINK I ovulate around cd21. Ugh I'm exhausted just thinking about it...

Have managed to temp each day except today as I've been up with ds just about all night cause he has some horrible cold. Will start using OPKs around cd15 but not really expecting them to be all that helpful...

Had to have an u/s on my abdomen last week (follow up on bloodwork that showed elevated liver enzymes) and all I could think was how "right" it would feel if the lady did the scan stopped and said she could see a baby in there... So yep, the desire is starting to make me delusional!!

Hopefully we can use this thread to support eachother a bit until we get our BFPs (July would be perfect).

What's your plan of attack for getting your BFP this month (you know besides the obvious bding)??

As part of my efforts to get that BFP I have stopped drinking Coke so much - I used to have 3 or 4 cans a day but now allow myself just one on the weekends. Its not as hard as I expected. Now.... to eliminate chocolate!!!

I am going to the gym twice a week (not enough as I need but all that I have time for atm). I know that my weight is an issue (as much as I don't want it to be) and I need to get it under control (think it probably has something to do with my dodgy liver too :( )

Sending plenty of baby dust your way :dust:

Thanks. I'm trying not to be so upset but it's hard. As for this month, I don't really have a good plan of attack. Temping and may get some OPKs although they haven't helped me all that much. Also need to try to DTD way more than we have been. It's hard because this is a really busy month for me. I would also like to talk to my doctor about things but I don't think I'll have the time to get there before life gets crazy unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->