TTC #2 & have an older child - anyone else?

Carlinator

Cautiously expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'd like to find a buddy or buddies who are TTC and already have an older child or children - our daughter will be at least 9 by the time our second is born!

I think this is our fourth cycle ttc. I just started doing BBT charting this month and fertility friend seems to think I've ovulated! We shall see :)

You ladies? *tips hat*

Hello there! I hope this cycle is your last and you get a BFP!!

I have a 7 year old son and this is my first try. I'm in my TWW, testing 20 June... How far along are you?

Thank you! Im in the TWW as well, i think I ovulated either 6 days or 3 days ago. Hoping it's been 6 so I can test sooner! I am supposed to wait til the 20th to test (according to fertility friend) but I may start as early as...tomorrow lol, even though that's ridiculous.

My hubby really wants a boy, but I could really go either way - I'm a bit nervous about raising a boy just since I already have experience with a girl! Are you wanting another boy or a girl?

Carlinator, wow we both testing the same day... This is so exciting! Well I would like a baby girl, but a healthy baby is just fine!

I don't even want to buy a test because I know I will test and implantation has probably hasn't even happened.. But I so want to poas!!! I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown waiting lol

Hi hun my girl will be four this summer, so not as old as nine, but some people would think i'm nuts as it doesn't seem to be as common these days to have kids 4+ years apart !!

this is my first official cycle ttc for #2.

Hi Ladies!

I'm TTC #2 and my DD will be nearly 5 if we get pregnant fairly soon.

I always wanted to have this type of age gap, just suits us far better and I think as they get older the age gap becomes irrelevant. There's 16 years between my sister and I and we're extremely close!

Hey everyone!

Thandi- yeah, I know what you mean about buying tests, it's much harder to resist if they're in the house! I've definitely poas twice a day before (and wanted to more lol!)

Hi mommyofone, yeah that's still a fairly good age gap. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for wanting more too lol. Me & hubby want 2 more...3 maximum!

Hi startingout, that's so good to see you say that about you & your sis! Good to know a close relationship is possible :) that's one thing I've been worrying about. I've been joking that I'll just have one child a decade haha. Dd is excited about being a big sister for the most part (she says she wants twin girls lol)

Sometimes dd has 'only child syndrome' though. And as an only child myself, this whole family thing is gonna be a totally different experience. I am quite nervous about it!

Morning ladies.

Age gap: I didn't want such a huge age gap between DS and my next. I always thought 2 years was perfect, but I didn't have the time nor resources to go for no.2. I wanted to pop them out like buns out the oven ha ha ha. I want 3 in total but let me take it step by step.

@Carlinator, my dad was an only child, and he always says it wasn't nice at all, we have a very small family, only 8 adults including extended family :(. My son is beyond spoilt wit the only child syndrome as well but he is always begging me to have another baby. HE LOVES CHILDREN!

@Startingout, that is a huge age gap, its nice to know you are both close. Im 7 years apart from my sister and we never saw eye to eye... Until we both had children :)

Hey everyone!

Thandi- yeah, I know what you mean about buying tests, it's much harder to resist if they're in the house! I've definitely poas twice a day before (and wanted to more lol!)

Hi mommyofone, yeah that's still a fairly good age gap. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for wanting more too lol. Me & hubby want 2 more...3 maximum!

Hi startingout, that's so good to see you say that about you & your sis! Good to know a close relationship is possible :) that's one thing I've been worrying about. I've been joking that I'll just have one child a decade haha. Dd is excited about being a big sister for the most part (she says she wants twin girls lol)

Sometimes dd has 'only child syndrome' though. And as an only child myself, this whole family thing is gonna be a totally different experience. I am quite nervous about it!

dh's family is going to be SHOCKED. i did a good job convincing everyone no more. She has a lot of cousins and of course, they all have siblings. So she's asked why she doesn't have a brother or sister. And she adores babies so i'm hoping it'll be a good experience for her. But loving babies, and having one in your own home is another thing!

Hello! :wave: I am on my 4th cycle ttc #2. My dd just turned 6 last week so there is a significant gap. She has been begging for a sibling for years but it was never the right time. I'm hoping to surprise my dh for father's day as this will be his 1st biological child. We're hoping for a boy but I will be happy with either.

I will admit that until I was an adult myself obviously we didn't have as much to talk about but you're only a child for short space of time and an adult for so long the age gap is only an 'issue' for some while kids are really small.

Can I join?

I think il have the biggest gap as my daughter is 15 this August! I was 18 when I had her and have done the whole career thing and remarried.

Have spent a number of years having amazing holidays, built a great career and after buying our own house, we feel we are ready to add another family member :happydance:

Can I join?

I think il have the biggest gap as my daughter is 15 this August! I was 18 when I had her and have done the whole career thing and remarried.

Have spent a number of years having amazing holidays, built a great career and after buying our own house, we feel we are ready to add another family member :happydance:

That's awesome. I hope it happens soon. GL to you!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=876145&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1434406194

opk today :yipee:

How is everyone!? My last cycle was a BFF... Big fat fail. Cycle day 1 now. Sigh.

3 dpo today ladies. Testing june 27th if i can wait that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->