TTC #2 - Ovulation Predictor Kits or Temping

Amy31

Reaction score
My first took a loooooooong time to conceive he is now 20 months :happydance: and we feel so blessed. We have been NTNP for a few months now and want to start TTC so would you recommend Ovulation Predictor Kits or Temping. Which is more accurate? Do they really increase your chances of conceiving? I am 34 and scared that it will take a long time again.

Any advice? :flower:

Hi,

We're also TTC #2, this is cycle number three. DS was a big surprise :)

I started temping last month and am temping and using opks is month.

There are benefits of each:

Temping - helps for long term planning, only a one off cost for the basal body thermometer, which has two decimal places, best way to confirm ovulation after the fact.
The negatives are that you have to do it at the same time every day, before you get up or move and you ideally will have had at least 3 hours sleep steaight. This is easy enough using an alarm and having the thermometer by the bed.
Temping only confirms ovulation based on a sustained thermal shift of at least three days so you won't know when you ovulate until well after the fact.

Opks help predict your best fertile times at and just before the time.

I think they are great together to be honest.

If you have fertility friend, there is a wonderful charting your way to fertility course it does which takes you through a lot of different fertility signs to monitor.

Good luck!

I would say - both. For sure I would NOT go with OPK's only. I think temping is very usefull, it's more accurate and you can learn a lot about your cycles, body etc. You may want to try using OPK's, but for limited time only. If it does't work for few months (you don't get pregnant), I would start temping. Don't waste your time, this was my mistake.

Hiya im in the same boat took 12mths for my DD and were TTC again.

I cant use OPK they just dont work with me cos I have high levels :( did my temp last time but cant this time cos DD sleep is a little messed up at the mo so not getting the chunk of sleep i need for it.

I think the temp thing works the best as long as you remember to do it first thing before moving lol

Thanks ladies. I will get a basal body thermometer and OPKs then starting September! Hopefully will give me a better idea of whats going on and catch that eggy :) xx

Does anybody work rotating night and day shifts? I do, and it makes temping a little funky. Anyone have experience with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->