Ttc #2 Scared of labour

MrsPsandQs

Reaction score
Hi, I have a beautiful 9 month old daughter :cloud9: and my husband and I are getting somewhat broody again! We've decided to ttc in September when we go away to France for a long and lazy holiday! However....
I am absolutely bricking it about giving birth again. My labour with DD wasn't horrific in any form. She WAS back to back which was excruciating, but I did it all on gas and air, only two internal stitches - buti can remember every pain, the burn from crowning etc and I'm freaking at the thought of it! :blush:
Anyone else the same? Or can anyone put my mind at rest! X x

my first labour was absolutely awful, baby was back to back and i was in excruciating pain. Had to have an epidural and couldnt walk for a week i was tore so badly. But i have had 3 labours since then and they have all been a breeze so dont worry hun!

The first vaginal birth is meant to be the worst. Labour is supposed to be easier and shorter in further pregnancies as long as there are no complications.

I dreaded my second. Although you want the end product nobody wants the labour that precedes it!
I just tried to focus on the feeling I had when DD was put into my arms.....a feeling unlike any in the world!
I'm due my 5th baby now and I still dread labour so you're not alone.

Wow congrats on expecting your 5th!! I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE a big family like that! Thanks for the reasurrance ladies, I've heard that the 1st Labour is the worse, just hope it's true in my case (if were lucky enough to have more!) 3boys- your first labour sounded very tough, you're one touGh cookie to face 3 more labours!! :)
I'm a one born every minute addict and I'm not sure it's helping the fear! Lol.

yes hun i am on no. 5 as well! But I can honestly say i quite enjoy labour now. On my last labour I was talking and laughing away with my hubby and midwife in between some moderate pains when the doc said baby would be here soon, I thought he was crazy but sure enough she was. The whole labour lasted 45 mins! x x

I just had #4, and I am scared to death everytime. In my experience my labors got shorter but more intense. I was induced with all of them though, so that could be why.

Shorter sounds good - more intense... Not so good! Poor you!

I feel exactly the same - I had bad contractions stopping me sleep for a week before my daughter was born, my body never went into active labour despite waters breaking so I had the drip and an epi. I'd slept about 10 hours in the week preceding my daughters birth which ended up being in theatre with forceps. Don't wanna do that again :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->