TTC#2 While Breastfeeding. Anyone need a buddy?!

jbh04

Reaction score
Hey There! My husband and I are TTC#2 but I'm nursing our 7 month-old daughter. I have no idea if I'm ovulating or when I'm ovulating so we'll see how it goes.

I'm 26 and looking for a buddy who's trying to conceive this spring/summer! Anyone need a buddy? Tell me about yourself!

:wave: me! me! me!

I'm also breastfeeding and TTC#2

I'm 24, DH and I just had a beautiful baby girl on Jan 28th but we're definitely excited at the thought of giving her a little sibling! I'm not sure if I'm ovulating either. Starting tomorrow morning I'll be charting BBT even though they say that while breastfeeding thats not always accurate. But we shall see!!

HEY!
Congrats on your baby girl!

I guess I should try to chart my BBT to take this seriously. I was kind of hoping I could get pregnant like I did the first time around . I guess with nursing, that's going to be a slight challenge.

We're going on vacation for 2 weeks starting tomorrow but maybe I'll start charting my BBT when we get back. Have you charted your BBT before?

Yep I've charted before. It's actually kinda fun! But definitely wait til you back from vacation because it can get a bit tedious. I dont know how most people do it but I set my alarm clock for the same time every morning that way I get an accurate reading... and that doesnt seem like it would be much fun to have to do while on vacation lol.

Ha! Yes, although we seem to get up at the same time every morning (WAY TOO EARLY, if I might add) with my daughter, I think that might be a task for after vacation and maybe even after moving. Two weeks after getting back from vacation, we're moving 14 hours to a different state. OY. My May is starting to look intense. :)

How long did you chart BBT before you got a BFP?

DH for a couple years before I knew anything about temping and charting, and then literally the first cycle I charted I got a BFP, unfortunately we lost her at 18 weeks due to an "incompetent cervix" :cry: but soon after that we started TTC again and I temped and it took about 3 or 4 cycles (I think my body was just messed up?) I got a bfp but when I went for my ultrasound there was no heartbeat...

After that it took about 7 months (not sure exactly how many cycles) and I actually didn't temp the last few months, but I was using OPK and sure enough I got pregnant with my daughter <3

I think the reason it was taking so long with me after losing my first was just because I was so depressed and living an unhealthy lifestyle. I swear as soon as I started losing weight and eating right, I got pregnant!

Oh, I'm so sorry for your losses. That must have been incredibly difficult. :-(

We got pregnant on the first try while we were living 2000 miles apart but I have irregular ovulation, periods, etc so I'm not sure how we ended up pregnant so quickly. We'd like to have several children close in age but we'll see how far we get.

I've been told that getting a break from nursing for 6 hours or more is helpful in trying TTC. I've also been told that the hours between midnight and 6am are also the best in terms of giving your body a break if you're TTC while nursing.

My daughter started sleeping through the night at 2 weeks old but she's been on strike from that since she was 3.5 months old. She's slowly starting to sleep great again between 8pm and midnight but from midnight to 7am, it's normal for us to be up at least 4 or 5 times. :-(

How's your daughter doing with sleep?

my daughter sleeps very well. we dont usually go to bed until 1 or 2am (DH works really late) and she'll sleep straight through until about 8 or 9am and shes done that since about 5 weeks old. Hopefully that helps us when TTC. I got AF at about 8 weeks PP and then I had a very very light AF for 3 days not too long ago so I *think* I'm getting normal periods again but maybe they are just a lot lighter due to breastfeeding?

We also want several children. I told DH that I want as many as I can before I'm 30 haha

That's wonderful! I am hoping that she goes back to sleeping through the night but it's not looking good. :) Our pediatrician suggested formula at night but I'm resisting... She HATES cereal. Refuses to eat it so I'm not sure formula is going to go over any better but I'm also not producing like I was. She eats about 30-35 ounces a day now even with solids and while I was a cow before, production is slowing down...

AF hasn't happened since Dec 2010 and I can't say that I miss it- other than being able to sort of have an idea of where my body is in my cycle. I'd like to just skip AF all together and get pregnant... Wouldn't that be nice.

We also say we want to have as many as possible before 30 but now I think we've pushed that back to early 30s- so that we can be empty nesters in our 50s... That could be a lot of kids but we'd love it. :)

I haven't stated mine on solids yet. Probably not for another month. I'm excited for it and scared at the same time haha. Do you pump at all?

That would be so lucky if you caught the first egg before ever getting AF! I was hoping that would happen to me but nope. At least it's lighter though so thats a plus.

A woman that DH works with wanted as many kids as she could before she was 30 and she had 5... then once she hit 30 she kept going and had 4 more lol.

That's exciting! We started our daughter at 4.5 months because her pediatrician thought it might help her sleep through the night and she had hit all the necessary milestones (we call her The Big Lady). I love feeding her solids. Probably one of my favorite things to do is try new foods with her. Currently, mango is her favorite.

Yes, I have pumped. I went back to work part-time she was 3.5 months old and so I was pumping 2 days/week at the office. Before that, I had been pumping to build up our freezer supply. Now that we're moving, I've stopped working and don't pump too often but I was more successful with pumping that I thought I would be... Have you pumped much?

Wowza, 9 kids! That's a lot! I think I might max out at 6- although I guess they say once you have 3 what's 12... We'll see though. :)

I've pumped so that we have some emergency feedings in the freezer, and last weekend DH and I celebrated my birthday so MIL took her for a few hours so I'm glad we had extra milk prepared. I try to pump every now and then to keep up the supply in the freezer, just incase DH and I need a night for just us <3 But honestly... I hate leaving her. It's not that I don't trust people with her it's just that I know they don't understand her wants/needs like I do and it makes me feel bad.

Hello I'm 25 and my ds is 13 months. I have been TTC/NTNP for nearly 2 weeks. I have not had a period yet so it feels hopeless. I symptom spot but I know I'm not pg.

Hiya CharmedKirsty :wave:

Are you still breastfeeding? If so does DS sleep through the night?

I'm still breast feeding and he does not sleep through the night. He wakes a couple of times.

Hi Ladies!

Is it alright with you if I stalk your thread? MY OH and I are not officialy TTC#2 just yet....but you never know.

Our LO is 8 months old and still wakes up for night feeds, so chances are rather low to fall pregnant with baby no. 2. He still nurses 4-6 times a day and has three meals of solids a day.

Looking forward to stalking you ladies in the months to come.... :hugs:

Cloe :munch:

Hi

I'm 27 and have a beautiful daughter who is 10 months old. We are going to ttc in July but last night oh said we could start now if I want. I do, but i had a csec and they won't let me do a vbac unless there is at least 18 months in btw and I had dd 2 months early so I'm trying to leave a little more than 18 months just in case. I've had af since she was 7 weeks old, regular....so I'm hoping that even though I'm breastfeeding and did exclusively for six months that we will not have a hard time of it!

Nice to meet some fellow breastfeeding moms...sometimes we seem few and far between.

Hi Ladies!

Is it alright with you if I stalk your thread? MY OH and I are not officialy TTC#2 just yet....but you never know.

Our LO is 8 months old and still wakes up for night feeds, so chances are rather low to fall pregnant with baby no. 2. He still nurses 4-6 times a day and has three meals of solids a day.

Looking forward to stalking you ladies in the months to come.... :hugs:

Cloe :munch:
It's fine by me :) have you had your AF back yet?

Hello everyone :wave: welcome!!

I've been charting my temps and WOAH they are just all over the place. In a few weeks my little one will be starting up on solids so I really hope that increases our chances a bit!

Is there a way to bookmark a thread so I don't have to keep searching for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->