TTC#2 While Breastfeeding. Anyone need a buddy?!

at the top of the thread on the right, theres a button that says "thread tools" if you click on that the very last button says "subscribe to this thread"

Hi Ladies!

Is it alright with you if I stalk your thread? MY OH and I are not officialy TTC#2 just yet....but you never know.

Our LO is 8 months old and still wakes up for night feeds, so chances are rather low to fall pregnant with baby no. 2. He still nurses 4-6 times a day and has three meals of solids a day.

Looking forward to stalking you ladies in the months to come.... :hugs:

Cloe :munch:
It's fine by me :) have you had your AF back yet?

I had my AF on Jan. 2012, but only for one cycle. At that time our LO was sleeping through the night. He is not sleeping through since around 4 months old and I am still giving him night feeds. So, does that mean I am probably ovulating, but not having my period??? Could I still get pregnant? The chances of getting pregnant are probably higher once night feeds have been cut out, right?

Hey Ladies!
I'm back after vacation and low and behold AF showed up while we were on vacation... Haven't had one since before I got pregnant 17 months ago! It wasn't the most convenient timing but I feel like TTC #2 might get easier now if I can start charting and all that...

My daughter is 7.5 months old now and I feel like I've been ready for #2 since she was 2 months old! :) Now, if we could just get her to go back to sleeping through the night... *Sigh*

Chloe- I just read that your LO hasn't been sleeping through the night since about 4 months old, was he sleeping through the night before that?? My daughter stopped sleeping through the night at about 3.5-4 months old and we haven't gotten back to it yet. I'm DYING to know if anyone has any insight... I miss my 9 hours of sleep!

Chloe- I just read that your LO hasn't been sleeping through the night since about 4 months old, was he sleeping through the night before that?? My daughter stopped sleeping through the night at about 3.5-4 months old and we haven't gotten back to it yet. I'm DYING to know if anyone has any insight... I miss my 9 hours of sleep!

YES! It was almost as if a flip was switched. Before 4 months old he always slept through the night. No problems at all! We miss a good night sleep as well! I have heard everything from "oh, you should give him more solids and then he will sleep through. to "he needs his own room and then let him scream it out for two to three nights" then everything will be ok. We have to co sleep at this point, but we will try to give him his own room once we move. but no screaming it out for us at this point. just can't get myself to do it. I have nevery heard from someone where the cio method actually worked. So sorry, I have no insight for you.

AH! That's EXACTLY what we've been told. We did try solids and while my daughter does love them, they don't seem to keep her full or sleeping through the night. She HATES rice cereal even when it's mixed with fruit, oatmeal has been more successful but not in helping her sleep.

Our pediatrician suggested putting her in her own room and that worked for about 2 nights but we weren't doing the CIO method. We are moving too and we have a pack-and-play at the moment which she seems to like for short periods of time. Now we're back to co-sleeping because I'm tired of going to get her 5 times a night.

Someone finally told me that some babies will wake up until about 9-10 months. I'm not thrilled with that but I guess I can do this another 3 or 4 months. :)

I'm so glad to hear someone else had a baby who was sleeping through the night and then all of a sudden it stopped. I thought we were crazy!

AH! That's EXACTLY what we've been told. We did try solids and while my daughter does love them, they don't seem to keep her full or sleeping through the night. She HATES rice cereal even when it's mixed with fruit, oatmeal has been more successful but not in helping her sleep.

Our pediatrician suggested putting her in her own room and that worked for about 2 nights but we weren't doing the CIO method. We are moving too and we have a pack-and-play at the moment which she seems to like for short periods of time. Now we're back to co-sleeping because I'm tired of going to get her 5 times a night.

Someone finally told me that some babies will wake up until about 9-10 months. I'm not thrilled with that but I guess I can do this another 3 or 4 months. :)

I'm so glad to hear someone else had a baby who was sleeping through the night and then all of a sudden it stopped. I thought we were crazy!
I hate to tell you this but at 13 months my ds is not sleeping threw the night

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Has he ever slept through the night? I can't decide if never having had the time of sleeping through the night would have made the not sleeping through the night now better worse.... I realize that this could be us at 13 months, so I won't be surprised if it is, but I'm hoping for just a couple more months. :)

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Has he ever slept through the night? I can't decide if never having had the time of sleeping through the night would have made the not sleeping through the night now better worse.... I realize that this could be us at 13 months, so I won't be surprised if it is, but I'm hoping for just a couple more months. :)
yes he did until he was about 4/5 months then he caught a cold and has not slept threw since.

Oh no! Well my daughter hasn't had a cold but it was definitely like someone flipped a switch... At this point, we're lucky to get 2 consecutive hours at night or during the day?

How's napping? My daughter has always been a terrible napper which made sense to me when she was sleeping through the night but now that she's waking up all night and only taking 2 or 3 30 minute naps, I'm not sure why she's not sleeping more during the day.

Oh no! Well my daughter hasn't had a cold but it was definitely like someone flipped a switch... At this point, we're lucky to get 2 consecutive hours at night or during the day?

How's napping? My daughter has always been a terrible napper which made sense to me when she was sleeping through the night but now that she's waking up all night and only taking 2 or 3 30 minute naps, I'm not sure why she's not sleeping more during the day.
he used to just take short naps but now he takes just one hour - an hour and a half nap.

Hmm... well maybe if she's not going to sleep through the night, we can get her to take an hour-long nap... I don't know what I would do with myself if I had a WHOLE hour of her sleeping haha. :)

Hmm... well maybe if she's not going to sleep through the night, we can get her to take an hour-long nap... I don't know what I would do with myself if I had a WHOLE hour of her sleeping haha. :)
I found it very odd at first.

How is everyone? I'm on cycle day 7. It feels good knowing I oved but I'm not charting.

That's awesome!

I had my first AF in 17 months two weeks ago and I have no idea if I've oved... My cycle has never been regular but we're in the middle of moving from New Mexico to Texas so I was thinking of trying charting next month after things are a little less crazy. :)

im sitting here on CD41, im going crazy. no idea if I O'd or if even will :( my daughter has her 4 month appointment tomorrow so we'll find out if her pediatrician thinks its okay for her to start solids. Once I get her partially on solids and **hopefully** a better sleeping schedule, it might bring AF back. I just ordered more test sticks for my fertility monitor so once those come in I'll start testing to see if I'm even fertile. I might start pumping more often too (I hear that helps?)

i did take an ovulation test from the dollarstore last week and it looked pretty positive to me, but with those things its so hard to tell because i only ever see what i *want* to see lol.

I think pumping is unhelpful. The less breastfeeding the more likely you are to ov is what I've understood. I'm feeling thankful now that I got my af when she was two months old and only breastfeeding!

Has anyone had any good news lately? I had AF about 5 weeks ago and nothing since but I have zero symptoms so I'm not testing. :-/

No good news here. I'm on cycle number 2, day 4 :( but if we are looking for positives at least my cycle was only 35 days long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->