TTC after 3rd loss

Swanny

Reaction score
Currently still having HCG levels checked they have gone down to 495 now and getting another one done today, once my levels have gone back down completely I am going to be referred for futher investigations.

Would you advice taking a break from TTC and have testing done/wait for results? (not sure how long this could take, maybe a few months)? Or would you start TTC again straight away?

DH wants to try again right away, I feel emotionally ready to do that but then I'm just thinking well shouldn't we wait for tests results first cause I may need to start some kind of treatment as a result of the test outcomes?

Then again if the tests come back with nothing on them then that's a few months wasted on not TTC?

What do you think?

Could it just be pure bad luck that I've had 3 in a row or do you think it's likely I have some underlying problems?

Someone suggested to me taking baby asprin after they have taken blood samples but should I discuss this with the doctors before doing this myself?

Thanks,

Personally - I would try again if you feel emotionally ready - testing, as you say, could take months - unless the 1st lot of tests identify the problem.

I really don't know whether it is bad luck or an underlying issue - only the testing could reveal that.

I would discuss use of baby aspirin with the Dr before taking it though.

Hope you get some answers and a sticky bean very soon

hx

I am so sorry for your losses. I would get them to investigate as there may be a underlying problem that could be fixed with meds. But if you feel up to TTC again, I would do it as long as your hcg levels go away. It's completely up to you and your OH. We were told to wait a month and then we could try again. We waited 2 months and we are currently ttc now.
I personally have had 4 losses and mine were 3 in a row in 2008 and then 1 in Feb of this year. Mine are all contributed to my age and that I had a tubal reversal as well. I am 38 and I have a fantastic egg reserve and my hubbys sperm are great as well. All of the test have come back ok, it's just a matter of getting the right egg. I have a great quanity, but it's the quality that counts here. I do take baby asprin too and I am on Femara and progesterone too. I also take a prenantal vitamin as well.
Good luck and I hope you are able to get some answers soon. :hugs:

Hi Swanny,

I reconise your name i think we have spoke b4?....

I just wanted to say sorry you found yourself back here, as did i :-( i think we were ttc together last time, i sadly lost my lil man @18 weeks to Patau Syndrome, gave birth to him on 10th feb, im finally on my 2nd cycle after a lonnnnggg wait for hcgs to go down and infections to clear and on cd13 and hoping to ovulate soon and catch a 'healthy' eggy.

I personally would not wait but thats cuse im impatient lol... and like you say tests can take months, its all how you feel in yourself. Where theres hope... i always say. Fingers crossed hunni xx

Thanks, so sorry you are having such a hard time. Life can be so cruel.

I personally feel like I want to pick myself back up and try again. Who knows what may happen, I think it's out of our hands really, someone else seems to be deciding my fate at the moment. But I'll sure as hell am not going to give up! :)

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->