ttc after a loss.....

wantingagirl

Reaction score
Hiya,

Just wanted some advice really..... Im not saying im going to just wanted to know what everyone else is doing after a loss. Do you drink at all when ttc and what do you do in the 2ww?

xxx

Well I have been eating quite healthy, taking folic acid obviously and I was planning on not drinking but had a few last night and with the guilt I have today after it I most definitely will not be drinking in anymore 2wws!

Oh hunni dont feel guilty but I get what your saying but there is no proof to say drinking causes it but like you I dont think I would want to risk it. My hubbys birthday next week and we are going out to a couple of pubs as its not fair he cant celebrate it as its his birthday and I didnt know whether it was safe, soft drinks for me I think alto I dont know how much fun I will be lol..... I will be 4dpo by then

I lost my baby on 24th hun did it take you long to Ovulate again xxx

I got drunk in December and I'm pretty sure when I was drunk I had implantation bleeding. Then I had a miscarriage on January 12. So basically I hate myself for letting in and getting drunk in case in SOME way it caused the miscarriege. So basically, until after my next child is born, I will not be drinking. Unless I'm on my period. But thats just a given haha.

I got drunk in December and I'm pretty sure when I was drunk I had implantation bleeding. Then I had a miscarriage on January 12. So basically I hate myself for letting in and getting drunk in case in SOME way it caused the miscarriege. So basically, until after my next child is born, I will not be drinking. Unless I'm on my period. But thats just a given haha.

So sorry for your loss hunni..... yeah thats the problem isnt it, the what if's. I had quite a few drinks out during the 2ww thinking there is no way I would be pregnant after so many months then a couple more drinks on the weekends then I lost bubs at 5 weeks 4 days. I thought I would be ok as got signs of implantation at 8dpo bfp at 11dpo with strong lines but guess not to be. I dont think Im gonna take anything to chance and just have a drink if AF arrives xxx

Yeah, that basically the same thing that happened to me. I hate the fact that it was probably me that killed my baby. Cause I had been trying for a year and a half! What were the freaking odds that I would be pregnant that month? Apparently very good.

Also, I am very sorry for your loss too. I'm sorry I'm not showing it better. I'm having a really bad downer day. Big Pitty party here.

Oh hunni dont feel guilty but I get what your saying but there is no proof to say drinking causes it but like you I dont think I would want to risk it. My hubbys birthday next week and we are going out to a couple of pubs as its not fair he cant celebrate it as its his birthday and I didnt know whether it was safe, soft drinks for me I think alto I dont know how much fun I will be lol..... I will be 4dpo by then

I lost my baby on 24th hun did it take you long to Ovulate again xxx

Sorry about your loss x My miscarriage started on 10 Feb, bleeding had stopped by the 22nd and I ovulated on the 3rd March. So about a week from when I stopped bleeding.

Yeah, that basically the same thing that happened to me. I hate the fact that it was probably me that killed my baby. Cause I had been trying for a year and a half! What were the freaking odds that I would be pregnant that month? Apparently very good.

Also, I am very sorry for your loss too. I'm sorry I'm not showing it better. I'm having a really bad downer day. Big Pitty party here.

Hunni you did not kill your baby, there is nothing there to prove that it is just an individual choice how you will feel with drinking in the 2ww. With my first pregnancy I drank every weekend and in 2ww and obviously not loads and loads but enough and he was perfectly healthy so please dont blame yourself as there wouldnt be many babies born if that was the case its just one of those things. The only reason I am not drinking is just to leave nothing to chance xxx

Sorry about your loss x My miscarriage started on 10 Feb, bleeding had stopped by the 22nd and I ovulated on the 3rd March. So about a week from when I stopped bleeding.[/QUOTE]

Thank you hun...... Im so sorry for your loss too. So not long for you to wait then? I ovulated yesterday hun and suffered my loss at 24th Feb so ovulated day 15 xxx

I know it doesn't always affect the baby. I didn't know I was pregnant with my Son and we went camping and to the drag races and all you do there is drink. And he was perfect. But its just the fact that the day that the baby became part of my body, I was poisoned. It all flooded into my poor baby's new body.

Anyways, I should stop being such a downer haha. Sorry.

can I just say to everyone in here drinking did not make you miscarry. Please do not think that it was anythign you did. For you to cause a miscarriage by any means would be just about harder than getting pregnant. If a crackhead druggo can fall pregnant and maintain a pregnancy and remain off their chops and shooting up every day then one drunken night or a few glasses of wine will not harm the baby.

Please go an do some reading about when your blood stream starts feeding bubs via the placenta and what the placenta does to anything passing through and you will understand a little more and wipe this guilt from yourselves, to have those kind of thoughts that it was anything you did is just not good and not good for state of mind when ttc.

An egg takes approx 3 months/90 days to get to maturity before popping out so drinking during your AF will still have some effects too.

IMO if ttc 100% then here should be no alcohol consumed, minumal caffeine etc etc

I know this is contradicting that a smack head can fall pregnant and carry to term but the point I am making is TTC is hard enough and emotionally draining and doing all we can to ensure we never think it was our fault helps on the journey.

I hope this makes sense!!

It does make sense. Thank you for sharing.

i agree with missc, a baby will feed off the yolk sac for a few weeks after implantation, while the placenta is being established, so do not fret about the odd drink during the 2ww, this time round i decided to give up alcohol completly while trying, as i was in a terrible place emotionally and alcohol would make things so much worse...even over christmas and my 30th birthday, i didn't touch a drop, but that doesn't mean i don;t worry about the headache tablets i took before i found out, or the bad cold i have had last week. you just need to trust in your body and hope that things will work out.

i am 6 weeks pregnant again after mmc in november 2010, ectopic in may 2007 and mmc in february 2007, i am also lucky to have a beautiful daughter who i conceived after my ectopic in 2007....i did have a sip of champagne when i was 6 weeks pregnant with her as it was my wedding day, and she was the most perfect baby.

hope you ladies are able to find some peace and continue on your journey to motherhood, believe me it's totally worth it x

I enjoy a few glasses of wine on weekends while TTC and in the 2ww, obviously stopping immediately when I get a :bfp:. I don't want to cut myself off from things that I enjoy. I tried that after my d&c last year, it took over 6 miserable months to conceive again, and even then it was a chemical. So I've decided this time I'm going to cut loose. And people on this thread are right, drinking in the 2ww does not affect anything this early on because the alcohol does not pass through to the embryo. It has its own nutrient source. Think of all the people who find out they're pregnant many weeks in, taking no precautions whatsoever, and go on to have a beautiful healthy babies. It happens all the time. I say anything to help us TTCAL ladies relax is a good thing!

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->