TTC after a stillbirth, 2T IC loss, and MC

LadyKate1980

Reaction score
Hi! We just started TTC again after a 36 week stillbirth in Nov 2009, an 8 week miscarriage in May 2010, and a 23w3d incompetent cervix/PTL loss in Oct 2010.
Our son was stillborn due to "an unknown chromosome defect" and he had down-syndrome like features, even though I never tested positive for any of those things during pregnancy. We almost miscarried him at 7 weeks (the doctor said his gestational sac looked like it was collapsing on him and that usually indicates a problem) but we did not miscarry....I went in for my 36 week check-up and told the doctor that the baby had not moved in 3 days and he dismissed me as a paranoid pregnant lady. 2 days later we went to the hospital and discovered his heart had stopped beating. I labored for 16 and a half hours because my cervix was having difficulty opening due to scar tissue from a LEEP procedure I had done in 2007. I believe they manually opened my cervix, causing damage, but I didn't find that out until we lost our daughter to IC.
Our miscarriage was a baby that never developed past 6 weeks. I knew something was wrong when I went in at 5 weeks and the doctor didn't see anything and told me my dates were off, when I knew the were not. At 6 weeks we saw a sac and pole but no heartbeat, and again my doctor told me it was just that I had my dates incorrect....we never did see a heartbeat, and at 8 weeks I miscarried naturally. I was not very upset, I cried a little of course, but after losing a full-term infant with the diaper bag packed and everything, only to find he was dead and hold his limp and still, but perfectly formed body in my arms....well, having an early miscarriage did not (and still does not) seem like that big of a deal to me. Especially since we almost miscarried our son and then wound up losing him later...the doctors told us that it was very very rare for a baby like that to make it past the first few weeks of pregnancy. Usually the body detects when something is wrong and terminates the pregnancy...for these reasons, I do not grieve my miscarriage and I understand why.
Less than one month after we miscarried naturally, we were pregnant again and that lasted for 6 months before we lost her. My pregnancy with her was full of anxiety the first trimester since I bled a lot, but I was told that was implantation bleeding, even continuing into the 10th week. The second trimester was blissful and I enjoyed EVERY SECOND, because I knew that might be the only time I would ever get. I have learned to appreciate pregnancy for what it is, and not get my hopes up too much about the end result. A defense mechanism, I suppose.
Our daughter appeared to have nothing wrong with her, but my cervix gave out and I lost her to chorioamnionitis after being 5cm dilated and on hospital bed rest for 3 weeks. She was 23 w3d, and born alive, but did not have enough lung tissue to be kept alive...they tried to give her oxygen but she never took a breath and we were told it would cause too much suffering for her to try and force it...there just wasn't enough lung tissue there and she had suffered from the infection and the lack of amniotic fluid as we were told I had been leaking for some time, undetected. She lived for about an hour before she passed on.
I just sent off some release forms in the mail, so hopefully within a week or two we will get all of her test results back (the analyzed the placenta and took blood samples at birth) soon from the hospital where she was born.

We just started TTC, and I'm more than a little concerned....In the span of one year, we have had a full-term stillbirth, a mid 2T loss from IC/PTL, and a miscarriage. Other than SIDS, (God bless those mommies!!), we've lost a baby just about every way one can lose a baby, and in such a short period of time.

Is there anyone here who can relate?

I didn't want to read and run... I just wanted to say how sorry I am for all that you have been through. You must be such a strong woman to have endured so much. God Bless.

Again I didn't want to read and run but say what an incredibly brave person you are. I am wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy with a successful outcome next time.

It's ok, thank you. I'm sorry the post was so long, but usually people have lots of questions so I thought I would get that out of the way.
I was hoping perhaps there would be someone here who might be in a similar boat who would want to be TTC buddies.

im really sorry for all of your losses, you are a very strong person. There alot of women in the stillbirth forum that could maybe realate to how your feeling and the things youve had to go through. I would very happily be a ttc buddy but i have not experianced the heartbreak you have had to go through and i can not begin to imagine how you are feeling. Im so sorry xxx

ladykate - come into pregnancy groups/discussions and join our group which is called rainbow makers, you would be very welcome xxx

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/603882-rainbow-makers-wttal-ntnpal-ttcal.html

Im so very sorry for your losses. I lost my son at 36 weeks. He was stillborn, no known cause found. we ttc straight away and my rainbow son was born just 8 months later! we are now hoping to start ttc again in 4ish months and already petrified but i feel i need to 'get it over with'...

Again, so very sorry for your losses, i cant even begin to imagine :cry: x

SarahJane, thank you so much for the link...I didn't realize I was in the wrong area. I just googled 'TTC after Loss' and wound up here. :)
Jox, I am so sorry for your loss and at the same time, so joyful for your rainbow son. What a blessing! I love hearing success stories...it gives me hope. :)

Ur not in the wrong section :hugs: sarah jayne just pointed u that way for more support :hugs:

How is the ttc going? is this ur 1st month?

Ur daughter is beautiful BTW :kiss: x

Like Jox says, there is no right or wrong place hun :flower: :hugs:

In the link I sent, we have a thread where everyone in there has suffered losses similar to yours. We are all at different stages with some actively trying and others waiting until they are ready but the one thing which links us all is that we know a tiny bit about how each other are feeling.

If you want to talk or vent or support with anything, please do get in touch :hugs:

I came across your post on the frontpage & wanted to say how deeply sorry I am for your losses :hugs::hugs: Theres also a ttc thread in the stillbirth section :flower:

Hey hun, I am so sorry you and your hubby had to go thru all of that. :( I hope ya'll can concieve quickly and deliver a bouncing baby!! Stay strong and do as much research (which I am sure you already have lol) on what has gone wrong in the past and see what kinds of things can help you this time around. Good luck sweetie!

So sorry for your losses, your a very strong lady. I lost my twin boys at 23 weeks on Christmas Day, both neonatal deaths, they were just perfect and gorgeous.

We really want to try again but i have only had one period since i lost them and nothing since. Its really getting me down and i sometimes think im not meant to have children (i know i shouldnt think like that). Im back and forward to the doctors for blood tests, hopefully i will get to the bottom of it on Monday xx

Just wanted to say hi and I hope that everything works out for you. My first and only child was born at 40 weeks 4 days and I struggle with how to feel about TTC, you are so brave. We have been trying for 14 months, we lost our son September 09. X x x

hi

again, i didn't want to read and run. i am so sorry to read about your losses - i hope we can offer you an additional support on here as you ttc again.

wishing you lots of luck,

k.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back