TTC after adoption and needing support

blinker86

Reaction score
I am 28 (29 next month), my husband is 27, and we are in our second month TTC. This month, I used the Clearblue digital ovulation test and am currently 2 DPO according to the test. So, now I wait.

While we are TTC for #1, I have had one other pregnancy when I was just 16 years old and placed my son for adoption at that time. I am really struggling with a lot of fears and anxiety about possibly not being able to get pregnant now that I want to. Not sure if anyone else is dealing with a similar situation, but since we have kept quiet about our plans to start a family for now, I don't really have anyone to talk to. I feel like the waiting is really the hardest part, so I'm at least glad to know that I'm not alone in that and looking forward to find some productive things I can do to make the time go by easier!

Hey, I'm not in the same situation as you but I didn't want to read and run. I can only imagine the emotions that come along with TTC after adoption, but I just wanted to let you know I commend you for doing what you did!

I also turn 29 this year and am on my 2nd cycle TTC. I'm not using OPKs just yet, maybe will if we're not successful after a few months. I think I missed O last month as it was earlier than usual. I should be ovulating any day now so I'm trying to maintain regular BDing despite being sick with a cold.

Anyways, like you we are keeping our plans quiet so I don't have anyone to talk to either. Hopefully we aren't TTC for too long!

Hey, I'm not in the same situation as you but I didn't want to read and run. I can only imagine the emotions that come along with TTC after adoption, but I just wanted to let you know I commend you for doing what you did!

I also turn 29 this year and am on my 2nd cycle TTC. I'm not using OPKs just yet, maybe will if we're not successful after a few months. I think I missed O last month as it was earlier than usual. I should be ovulating any day now so I'm trying to maintain regular BDing despite being sick with a cold.

Anyways, like you we are keeping our plans quiet so I don't have anyone to talk to either. Hopefully we aren't TTC for too long!

Thanks for the kind words! Sounds like our situations are pretty similar right now. I'd previously never payed much attention to my cycle at all, so it's actually been kind of neat to learn more about the science of everything over the last few months.

Hope you catch your O this time around and feel better soon. I would really love to see a BFN before my birthday in April, so that's what I'm aiming for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->