TTC after BC pills for 8 years

RLSNTS

Reaction score
I stopped taking my BC pills in April after being on them for over 8 years. I have had a 28 day cycle and a 30 day cycle. My average would be 29 days, which would have been 6 days ago. I have taken HPT and they all say negative. Could I be pregnant? When should I take another test? My husband and I each have our own children but we are trying for our first child together. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you know if you ovulated this cycle?
Your period being this late could mean you didn't ovulate or you ovulated later than you think..
I was on the pill for around 7-8 years and came off in January this year and I'm still TTC :sad1:
Since coming off the pill my cycles have been varied, some the same, some very different and I also went a month without a period back in April!
FX for you :winkwink:

Are you having any other pregnancy symptoms? HPTs will usually show a BFP once you've missed your period, but a blood test is more accurate - if you do suspect you're pregnant you could get a blood test from the doctor?

You could just be having a random long cycle though, that's quite common so soon after coming off BCP - as PP said you might not actually have ovulated yet, or ovulated later than you thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->