TTC after ERPC

NewToAllThis

Mummy to Hugo
Reaction score
Hi All,

Now find myself in this area after having an mmc at 11+4 (found out baby died during 7th week). :cry:

Went in for ERPC on 23rd Aug and now wondering when is a good time to try again. Hospital said to wait one or two cycles but as I am 35 and desperate for a baby, I don't really want to wait that long.

Does anyone know if it is safe to start trying straight away?
I heard that the reason they discourage you is for dating purposes but also heard that it is so the lining can build up again after having it all removed.

Would it be safe if I got pregnant straight away, anyone done this?

Any input would be greatly received.

Thanks everyone :thumbup:

im also wondering this hun, I am currently going through a MC and waiting for things to happen. I was told to wait at least one AF...my friend said her first af came after approx 2 weeks after MC, so hopefully we wont have too long to wait to ttc again, lots of love to you and sorry for your loss xx

hi im glad i found your posts - i also suffered a mmc on 24th Aug - went for my 12 week scan found out i had lost my baby at 9 weeks. This was my second miscarriage had one 18 months ago but lost it naturally at 7 weeks. The surgeon last week advised i wait a year before trying again! Said this was his recommendation but if i couldnt wait that long to wait 2 cycles miniumum. Now i certainly dont want to wait a year! He said it was to avoid the same thing happening again but i waited 18 months between my first miscarriage and this last one and that obviously hasnt made any difference! I so want to be pregnant again as im sure you ladies do - im going to wait one full cycle and then try. I think i stopped bleeding from ERPC yesterday ( no blood last night or today yet) so im hoping my cycle will resume within the next 28 days?

Hey, I am so sorry for your loss. I suffered a mmc at the end of march this year we went for our 12 week scan and were told our little one had died at 10 weeks :cry: I had an erpc on the 31st March. I was told to wait one cycle before trying again. As far as I know (and it does depend on circumstances) they advice waiting for 1-2 cycles for dating purposes and to give your body some time to recover as well as the emotional side of it. I went to speak to my dr to see what was the right thing and she said that it was mainly down to dating purpose they had adviced me to wait one cycle.

For me personally I waited the one cycle before we started to try again and making the decision to try again so soon was a tough one but I think it did help as it allowed me to feel some hope in amongst all the other things I and my hubby were feeling.

If there is anything I can help with just ask or you can PM me. I got my first period after the mmc four weeks after the erpc (the time scale is different for everyone but I was told that if you had regular cycles before you should fall back into them quite soon which I did) however my first period was horrific and I am glad I waited. It is a personal choice if you've got a supportive dr it might be worth speaking to him/her!!

Massive :hugs: to you

Thanks Lucy i hope my cycle returns quick i was pretty regular before so fingers crossed - but then theres the 2 week wait every month there on after isnt there - just seems a uphill struggle - but worth it at the end i hope

:hi: loulou

Yep it is neverending I am just about to go into the TWW this is my fifth month of trying since lossing my little one I hate the TWW I try to keep myself busy to keep my mind of it and I try to stay hopeful. It took my nearly a year to get pregnant last time and I just hope that it doesnt take that long again.

I'm surprised your surgeon advised you to wait a year seems like a long time. There is an interesting article about trying again after a miscarriage if you copy and paste this link into google it should bring it up worth a read. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-10880232

Hope your cycle returns to normal as soon as possible.

:hugs:

p.s. you can just click on it and should take you straight to it so you dont have to worry about copying and pasteing

Sorry to hear about your losses everyone.

I had a mmc at 10 weeks and had an erpc on 8th July, it took seven weeks for my af to come which felt like forever!!!

I was expecting it to be really bad after reading some about people's experiences but when it did come it was just like a normal af. We did try to get pregnant straight away, as being 38 i figured any perceived risks with this were outweighed by my age anyway.
The drive to be pregnant again has been completely overwhelming....as such i did quite a few tests during that 7 weeks as i was sure at one point i had fallen pregnant again straight away.

However, it didn't work that month and tbh i'm a bit relieved as i now feel like my body is back to normal and i would probably feel a bit more confident if i got pregnant now having had one af inbetween.

It was great having the recent bbc news about trying again within six months tho, as such I am really surprised a surgeon would advise waiting a year, not unless there were other issues, mine said to get on it as soon as we felt able!

I hope everyone gets their BFP soon, good luck ladies x

Hi

My mum also sent me that link- gives so much hope and inspiration doesnt it? Im not sure why the surgeon said to wait a year me and my husband were shocked - he did say it was his personal recommendation though maybe he thought i was still young enough to have some time but i am still 29 which to me is already old enough when originally i would have like a large family! And also maybe because its my second misscarriage i dont know. All i know is i can not wait for my period to come so i can start using opk and get back to trying. I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who also suffered a mmc and she concieved 9 months after her mmc ( and he is now 10 months old!) and she only ever ovulated every other month all her life even after the mmc so there is hope!

Thanks to everyone for their responses and I am sorry for all of you who have lost and are in a similar position to me.

:hugs: to you all...

Still undecided as to whether to wait, bleeding has stopped as of yesterday so am hoping af shows soon. Did a preg test yesterday and was negative so hoping my hormones are back to normal. Also did an opk (couln't help myself) but that was neg too!

Sending you all baby dust :dust:
Hope we get :bfp: soon!

:hug:
im also wondering this hun, I am currently going through a MC and waiting for things to happen. I was told to wait at least one AF...my friend said her first af came after approx 2 weeks after MC, so hopefully we wont have too long to wait to ttc again, lots of love to you and sorry for your loss xx

Sending you big hugs Aquarius, hope your ordeal is over soon.
Thanks for your message, it gives me hope that we will be pregnant again soon.

Hugs to you and sorry for your loss too x:hug:

hi im glad i found your posts - i also suffered a mmc on 24th Aug - went for my 12 week scan found out i had lost my baby at 9 weeks. This was my second miscarriage had one 18 months ago but lost it naturally at 7 weeks. The surgeon last week advised i wait a year before trying again! Said this was his recommendation but if i couldnt wait that long to wait 2 cycles miniumum. Now i certainly dont want to wait a year! He said it was to avoid the same thing happening again but i waited 18 months between my first miscarriage and this last one and that obviously hasnt made any difference! I so want to be pregnant again as im sure you ladies do - im going to wait one full cycle and then try. I think i stopped bleeding from ERPC yesterday ( no blood last night or today yet) so im hoping my cycle will resume within the next 28 days?

LouLou,
Definitely don't wait any longer that one cycle, I asked the nurse whilst I was in hospital and she said she'd read the bbc article also but the hospital had not been advised to change their guidelines so I assume they are following instructions and not what is actual medical evidence. A year is totally ridiculous.
Thanks for your help in this, so sorry for your loss and good luck with getting a :bfp: again.
Lots of love x

Hey, I am so sorry for your loss. I suffered a mmc at the end of march this year we went for our 12 week scan and were told our little one had died at 10 weeks :cry: I had an erpc on the 31st March. I was told to wait one cycle before trying again. As far as I know (and it does depend on circumstances) they advice waiting for 1-2 cycles for dating purposes and to give your body some time to recover as well as the emotional side of it. I went to speak to my dr to see what was the right thing and she said that it was mainly down to dating purpose they had adviced me to wait one cycle.

For me personally I waited the one cycle before we started to try again and making the decision to try again so soon was a tough one but I think it did help as it allowed me to feel some hope in amongst all the other things I and my hubby were feeling.

If there is anything I can help with just ask or you can PM me. I got my first period after the mmc four weeks after the erpc (the time scale is different for everyone but I was told that if you had regular cycles before you should fall back into them quite soon which I did) however my first period was horrific and I am glad I waited. It is a personal choice if you've got a supportive dr it might be worth speaking to him/her!!

Massive :hugs: to you

LucyJ,

Many thanks for your help, support and advice. Sorry for your loss also.
I will PM you if I have any other questions, thanks so much :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->