TTC after gallbladder removal surgery....

live_in_hope

VR miracle Mummy now TTC 3rd (not VR)
Reaction score
Hey ladies :wave:

I had my gallbladder removed in early nov by keyhole....there were 4 incisions, the lowest being in my bellybutton.... Since the op, my normal 10/11 day LP has dropped to 8/9 days and Im hoping it has nothing to do with having had the op?....they said id be able to start trying once i was healed and that was 3 months ago now...

Has anybody without a gallbladder managed to get pregnant with ease? I got pregnant 1st and 2nd time of trying in the 2 pregnancies iv had...just starting my 3rd month nowxxx.

Interesting! I had mine removed on December 10th. I hope it hadn't done any harm to your cycle. My LP is 11 days but it's never been all that good.

well my mil had twins after gallbladder surgery so she must have been superfertile lol.

Out of interest, I am having my gallbladder removed in the next few months.. am I silly to ttc before then and have to postpone surgery? I've had two bouts of terrible pain in the last 4 months.

I wouldn't want an attack while pregnant, but you might be unusual like me and get no attacks when pregnant. Pregnancy usually makes gallbladder issues much worse.

I wouldn't want an attack while pregnant, but you might be unusual like me and get no attacks when pregnant. Pregnancy usually makes gallbladder issues much worse.

yes you're right... I can't imagine the pain without being able to take the painkillers I've got.. maybe I should stop ttc for a while..

yes postpone ttc....I was pregnant when I found out. I had gallstones, last may, then end of may i had a whopping 5hour attack that put me in hospital....was excruciating :cry: i had a scan and baby was ok....i was so worried that i would have another attack that i became afraid to eat....and we all know not eating isn't good for a developing baby....i lost alot of weight, got quite ill, caught tonsilitis quite badly and at a 9week scan...baby had no heartbeat :cry: so I was put down as urgent and had surgery in nov... So, I wouldnt recommend postponing surgery...I am hoping it hasnt had an affect on my cycle...i was in alot of pain afterwards and had infections and was on a bucket load of meds...maybe they are still in my system? :shrug:
Thanks for the replies ladies, good luck with your upcoming ops xx

oh liveinhope you poor thing! I'm so sorry sweetie.. you've been on one hell of a journey. I'll postpone ttc then for sure. bless you and hoping for your bfp soon xxxx

thanks babe, it was a rough 6months i must admit, was definitely glad to see the back of 2013 :dohh: thats for sure.... Im off to holland and barrett to get some vitb complex vits and also some coq10 i will still go to the doctors as i am still worried about the after affects and just want my mind put at ease xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->