TTC after ive lost some weight

Mummytink

Mummy of one
Reaction score
hi girls

im new to this site let me introduce myself lol i have a 11 month old called lily mia and am desperate to ttc number two ... however i have a very high bmi and am concerned about how this might affect my pregnancy ... i would like to go ahead and start ttc but oh is unsure and it really upsets me at times that me being fat is holding me back from compelteing my family ... i know most of you will be thinking ! 'oh loose weight first then' but i really want my lo's close together!!

any advice useful

p.s i hope ive posted this right lol
xxx:kiss:

hey hun...thought i would reply as no one has yet!

did you have a high ibm with your first baby? i understand where your coming from...but maybe set yourself a goal...like "i want to drop 1 1/2 stone (20lbs) in 2 months" then thry. small goals. if its too hard, then strat trying now. if it hinders your conception, then that might be more motivation. good luck hun x

Hi hun, do you know if the high bmi may cause any problems in pregnancy? If not, I think I would be tempted to just go with your heart and ttc now!

Hey sweetie - I am in the same position, although I am currently waiting for my first! It's bloody annoying and I get so frustrated with myself as I can really be focussed to lose weight because all I want is a baby, but then something takes over and all I want is CHOCOLATE!!!!!

I started a thread over in the pregnancy section, which I will link to in a mo so that you can have a read, I found it useful, also there's another one someone else started which I love, so will post that to for you.

If you wanna PM me about anything, if you need support or anything, then feel free :)

:hug: xx

Here you go - here's the one I started: https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-club/110453-overweight-pregnancy.html

and this is one of plus size ladies baby bumps :)
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/165711-plus-size-bump-pictures.html

Hi Mummytink:hi:

I lost 2st before falling pregnant taking me from 20st to 18st. I fell pregnant on the first month of trying and have a gorgeous wee boy who is now 12wks old. My BMI was 43 and I had absolutely no problems during my pregnancy; I felt baby move no problems. My only downside was that I never got the massive bump I was hoping for, but I was noticable pregnant.

I was lucky and only gained 16lbs during my pregnancy and lost all that 3 weeks after the birth without trying. I fully intend to start losing weight again before TTC no.2 in Jan2010 because I want to feel fitter in myself not because I think I will have a better pregnancy.

I would suggest if you feel healthy enough then go for it.

If you want to ask me anything feel free to PM me.
Cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->