TTC After Loss 2011 BFP!!!

Wow thats a great 'bloat' pic! And I have to agree the first thing I thought when I saw it was nice nightshirt! :haha:

Thinking of you today Poppy, sending lots of :hugs: your way

Thanks ladies :hugs: Gave Serenity an extra special hug today and feel blessed i was given another chance after my loss. I also believe everyone still waiting will also be blessed too :hugs::hugs:

Well, I've decided... Spending the day sat on a coach at 28 weeks pregnant is NOT comfy haha. Usually I put my feet up, but I can't do it cuz my belly gets in the way XD Also fell asleep in an awkward position for 2 hours earlier... Couldn't sit up straight when I woke up :haha:

How is everybody? :)

XxX

1 year ago today my 1st Angel grew wings :-(

I'm CT on call today so been in and out of work. Looking forward to my mum's Christmas dinner tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone xxx

So sorry caz :hugs:

My date is getting closer too and I'm dreading it. Specially as af is due on the exact same date also.

Hey ladies. :hugs: I hope today goes as we as it can for everyone here. :hugs: Happy Christmas my dears. :hugs:

:hugs: Cazi for yesterday

Sorry about the :witch: Madrid

AMU :hugs: for tomorrow

Merry Christmas everyone

Pip x

Merry Christmas everyone!!!! :D

I'm visiting you ladies from my BRAND NEW LAPTOP!!!!(Well technically it's a joint present for me and taylor XD) It was an amazing surprise!!!! From Taylor's mum and dad and his grandparents... how lucky! haha. Now I can talk to my girlies whiel Taylor is on the pc!!!!

I hope everyone had some lovely surprises from Santa!!! :D

XxX

Hello ladies

Firstly apologies that I haven't been on I've been in hospital.

This is long!

As you know, on Friday I had bad pain which I thought was heartburn but no amount of indigestion remedy made it go away so it stayed with me all day at varying pain levels. When I went to bed it was a dull ache and so I thought I'd sleep on it and it'd all be gone the next day. Sadly not.

I woke at 5am on Christmas Eve with the most horrific chest pains. I struggled to the loo and got back into bed trying to breathe through the pain but I thought 'this is ridiculous' so I came downstairs to call NHS Direct and ask their advice. I gave the lady all my details and she got a nurse to call me back (this is how they do things there and it took over 45 mins from first call to finishing the conversation).

She advised me to call my GP out of hours and get someone to examine me ASAP - so on to call them. They had the same process as above so I got a call back from a nurse who asked if I thought I'd need an ambulance and tbh the pain by this point was horrific and I couldn't breathe deeply because of it so I was starting to panic. I agreed and broke down on the phone so she arranged it.

At about 6.30am I had an ambulance come to the house, blue lights going, I opened the front door and literally collapsed in the doorway. The paramedics were lovely and walked me, one on each arm, in to the ambulance and on to the chair.

I was shaking so much they couldn't get an accurate BP measuring, they thought I was cold because it was freezing out and I had my nightie and a dressing gown on but I wasn't. I'm not sure why I was shaking so much really.

They did all the normal checks; ECG, BP, etc, my bpm was at 130 and I was very scared! They examined me for about 15mins and then suggested that I go in to hospital.

Through all this my husband had slept! I asked one of the paramedics to wake him which they did, then he came down and said he wouldn't come because someone needed to stay with Laura he wouldn't come with me

Anyway, off we went to hospital. On route I started to get a weird cramp in my hands and then pins and needles. I couldn't move my hands and when I mentioned it to the paramedic he told me I needed to slow my breathing and my bpm was at 150. I couldn't move my hands at all at this point and the paramedic rushed over to undo my seatbelt so I could put my head between my legs and concentrate on breathing.

We got to the hospital and they brought me a wheelchair but I couldn't hold the paramedics hand to get off the ambulance because I couldn't move my fingers at all. They took me into the A&E and booked me in, the nurses there took over then and put me on a bed, put oxygen on me, hooked me up with BP monitors and an ECG, put blankets on me and took blood. It was all very quick.

I was left to breathe and calm down for a while (I have no idea of timescales from here on in!) and everything sort of ticked on around me. I had some breakfast which was shockingly awful, my husband arrived at about 8.30am with Laura and the Dr came to see me to examine me and ask me a huge pile of questions.

He said that my bloods had come back positive for a blood clot but he did say sometimes pregnancy can make it positive so they weren't 100%. He said my heart looked fine but my bpm was high, possibly relating to the pain. He gave me a brufen for the pain but the pharmacist later scratched it on my notes and changed it for paracetamol because of the baby. He said he wanted to do more bloods at about 5pm and to keep checks on my blood oxygen levels.

I spent most of the day then lying around waiting for Drs and bloods and updates, not a lot happened really. I tried to sleep but it was so noisy with machines bleeping and nurses chattering (I was right by the desk).

They did more bloods and another Dr came round to check me and ask all the same damn questions. She wanted me to have an xray and said they'd protect the baby from the rays but obviously it isn't ideal - she wanted to make sure I didn't have a blood clot in my lungs. This was early evening, about 6ish? I had the xray and they came back normal which was obviously a relief.

There was another Dr on then after this who said something about checking my blood gases which involved a needle being put along the vein in my wrist - let me tell you this hurt like you can't even imagine!!!! She failed on first attempt and I was literally climbing the walls - crying my eyes out with the pain. She asked me if she could try again but I said no. She kept asking and I didn't give in, she tried to say it was the 'decider' in me staying in or not - that didn't change my mind!!!

They said they wanted to do a scan, they didn't say what type, to rule out blood clots etc but the radiographer said he wouldn't do it until Wednesday so they decided to give me Clexane shots and agreed I could go home as long as I promised to come back every day in between to get the shots.

Haha, more needles! I honestly cannot tell you how many holes and bruises I have! The Clexane shots sting like a biatch after they've been given, the first one was done in my arm but today's I asked them to do in my tummy. That one hurt a little less.

I was discharged last night at 9pm.

Wow this is long! Sorry xx

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas!

Sorry to hear about your situation puppy ~ how scary!! My Hubby collaped at home (found him unconcious when i got home from work)and he was supect of a blood clot to the lung. Xray came back clear and we didnt get a final 'diagnosis' like you. Hope you feel better now hun... and congrats on the BFP!!!!!! Not been logged on for a while but saw your sig ~ congrats sweetie. you deserve it :hugs:

My hubby is very anti baby at the moment but we kinda had an 'ooopsy' on xmas eve due to intoxication. I was CD 16 then... next 2 weeks are going to be fun! Not told him yet :nope: :blush:. I had a near poss OPK on xmas eve/xmas day but not anymore, so guessing i may of ovulated before xmas eve.... bleh! Whatever happens, happens :thumbup:

xxxx

Arghhh we dtd yesterday for first time since i was 37wks pregnant :haha: but im not protected yet so hope af arrives next month :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->