TTC after loss.

Nix166

Reaction score
Although I have been reading posts for some time now, this is my first tiime posting. I don't appreciate judgement but I know there will always be some. With that said, my story is as follows: I'm 21 my fiancé is 31 we've been ttc for some time now. After about 4 months of trying I fell pg. Sadly, I had a m/c on Dec.22 2012 at approx. 9 weeks. It took me a while to get pg and the loss just traumatized me I never thought it would happen to me. I'm young, and healthy. Since then we've tried every month(with the exception of JAN. to get my cycles back on track) it's been about 4 1/2 months and I haven't had any good news yet. My fiancé already has a son so I can't help but blame myself for this. Every month I just become more discouraged and depressed.

I would also like to add that I know when my fertile window is because I have mittleschmerz. My ovulations are very painful and come about the same day every month. Just to be certain I also use OPKs. And track the EWCM.

I'm just curious to know if anyone has a similar situation, how long did it take after m/c to have a successful pg. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Hello! Im really sorry to hear about your loss, and I know how hard and shocking it is. I lost a baby at 13 weeks after TTC for 6 months. It was a missed mc and was really difficult to deal with. It took me another 5 months to fall pregnant again, but that pregnancy gave me my DD, so it was worth the wait!
This time around I have been TTC for almost 8 months. I lost another a couple of months ago and am now hoping that I will fall again soon with a healthy pregnancy.
What I am trying to say is that mc are awful and heartbreaking, but also really common. Knowing that I went on to have a lovely little girl after my first mc is what helped me to get over the second one this time. Please dont give up hope. The good news is that you have been pregnant once, so you know you are able to concieve. Im sure it will happen soon for you, and you will go on to have a lovely baby.

Some of us just dont seem to fall pregnant as easily as others, and even with perfectly timed sex, the odds are still against us each cycle.
Keep persevering and hopefully it will pay off soon!
BTW I dont think you will find much judgement on this site. We are all in the same boat and I have found the ladies on here a great source of comfort at times.
Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->