TTC after Mirena Removal

Hermione394

Reaction score
Hi y'all!

I got my Mirena out today, we our officially TTC! I was wondering how many of you successfully conceived after Mirena, and how long did it take?

Would love to hear the answer to this as I just had mine removed last Wednesday. I had complications from it, and when I had it removed the strings were all the way in my uterus not a good experience at all. Would love to hear how quickly they fell pregnant and if anyone else had any complications with it if if that affected them getting pregnant sooner.

Conceived 3 weeks after removal, but I miscarried at 8 weeks. It then took 4 months to get pregnant again

I have had so many issues since I had mine removed. Not saying you will, lots of women have access with it. I had mine put in back in Dec. Of 2007. I used it for 4 1/2 years out of the 5. I had it removed about 5 years ago. Me and DH have been TTC#2 for almost 4 years now. My Mirena had migrated out of position so I had to go in for surgery, they emptied out my uterus completely and now I'm having fertility issues. I have annovulatory cycles quite a bit and a little scaring on the walls of my uterus from the scraping. Im about to start my first round of Femara soon.It sucks so bad. It could have been worse though I suppose. I know a lot of women had it perforate and imbed into other organs. Needless to say, I'm not happy with the Mirena and I will never use it again. I wish you the best of luck!!

I plan on getting my Mirena out in March when we begin to TTC baby #2 so I am interested and following this thread!

Hi. I had my Mirena out 3 days ago now and still haven't had any bleeding or anything. I'm pretty sure I'm in (or just over now) the middle of my cycle so maybe that's it. Those of you who have had it out, did you have any symptoms or issues?

My situation is slightly different as I was on clomid but I've conceived within a few months of having the mirena removed twice.

Both times I was told by the fertility dr to start the day it came out so he didn't think it would cause issues. It's advertised as allowing you to be fertile as soon as it comes out though obviously that is when there are no complications.

Still waiting for my first official AF after the mirena removal. I know they say you are fertile right away and can get pregnant depending on where you are in your cycle. I can't wait for her to show up so I can have a start date for a cycle this waiting is horrible. I did have some spotting for a few days after it was removed but I do not think that was in anyway a period at all.

I'm getting mine out in April and then ttc in October. I wanted to give my body a chance to recover and my cycles get going again. I was a meticulous chart keeper with ds and want to have a good handle before ttc. I'm nervous as I read awful stories but I know there are a lot of great success stories out there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->