TTC after miscarriage. HCG level??

vv15629

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. My Wife unfortunately had a miscarriage at about 4-5 week earlier this month. So now we're playing the HCG level drop waiting game. Few questions regarding that. So blood work from a week ago had her HCG at 106. Results that came back today had her HCG at 9. They want her to come back 1 week from now to see if her levels are low enough to TTC.

To me if her levels dropped by 100 in a week, then why would it take another week for them to go from 9 to 5 (safe to TTC level)? We were told to only have protected sex until next results.

I've read a lot about women seeming to have high success getting pregnant almost immediately after their miscarriage. We're afraid to wait a full week for results when her levels may be good to go now and missing a good opportunity to conceive. I've been very curious on how existing HCG levels effect ovulation. I've read ovulation can start as early as an HCG level of 5 hits. Thoughts?

So sorry about your wife's miscarriage. I have 8 children and my wife had 5 miscarriages. I do know that a single hCG reading is not enough information for most diagnoses. When there is a question regarding the health of the pregnancy, multiple testings of hCG done a couple of days apart give a more accurate assessment of the situation. I believe that you and your wife will get thru this and a successful pregnancy will happen; going to full term. I pray that you and your wife will be at peace, walking in wisdom and joy.

I'm really sorry to hear about your MC.

It's important to follow your doctor's advice here though. While her hcg levels dropped quickly before, until you have another test you can't know for sure if they've dropped enough. It levels dropped quickly before, but that isn't an indication of how quickly these last few points will drop. I would strongly advise you to follow what the doctor says. Some women can get pregnant right after a MC but that also depends on the hcg levels.

Fully understand. I guess my main questions really is, is there a risk to possibly conceiving before HCG level reach zero or at least under 5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->