Ttc After Oral Contraceptives

lynz

mum of 2 princesses
Reaction score
I Have Recently Stopped Taking The Oral Contraceptive Pill Yasmin After Seven Years Continuous. I Had My Last Withdrawel Bleed On The 16th September Which Lasted A Few Days. I Should Have Had A Period Yesterday (sun 14th) Which Failed To Arrive. Me And My Partner Have Had Sex Nearly Every Day As The Conception Window Almost Fails To Exist But Without Success As The Pregnancy Test Proved This Morning. How Long Does It Normally Take For Periods To Restart After Seven Years Of Being On The Pill????????????

When you are on the pill, your cycle length is controlled. You wont know the length of your cycle off the pill until your cycle starts again - that would be CD1.

Good luck with TTC.

It will depend on your body. Some people go back to normal right away but some may take a few cycles.

Mine took a few cycles before getting into a pattern.

Everyone's body is different so you have to wait to see when your AF comes again and also if it will be regular. Yo umay be lucky and not have any problems - but remember that your cycle length while on the pill is controlled - you can't use that length to tell what your cycle duration will be now that you are off BCP.

See, this is my situation.
Last period July 11.
Ovulated July 25th.
Got pregnant Juy 28th.
First try, first cycle.
I am 25. Dad is 29.

Ok Thanks For The Replies. It Is Just Frustrating Waiting And So Disheartening When You See That Negative Result.

Hi Lynz

welcome to B&B. Has your period turned up yet? If not, I wouldn't rule out pregnancy just yet - some people on this site have got a BFN on the first few days after a missed period and then got a BFP later on.

If your not pregnant this time, you can start charting to find out when you ovulate and how long your cycle is - two good websites are 'Fertility Friend' and 'My Monthly Cycles.' They give you info on things like taking your body basal temperature and measuring cervical mucus (sounds lovely I know :rofl:).

Good luck! I wish you luck getting your BFP!:crib:

hi all yes got my AF this morning not feeling to bad as i now know im ovulating again. Started recording my temperature now and have got ovulation tests ready so wish me luck

Goodl luck Linz! I hope you get your BFP soon!:crib:

Ok Thanks For The Replies. It Is Just Frustrating Waiting And So Disheartening When You See That Negative Result.

:hugs: We are all there with you, trust me. I'm in my second month off BCP and it seems that my AF has gone completely crazy on me. :wacko:

Hi Linz - welcome!! :hi:

I love your attitude to the af showing up - that it's just closer to ovulating again!! We should all think like that - lol!!

Hope it all goes well for you TTC!!! :headspin:

Although I Didnt Want My Period To Arrive As I Wanted So Much To Be Pregnant, I Am Lucky In A Way Cause Reading Through Some Of The Threads On Here It Has Taken Some People Months Off Bcp To Start Their Periods Again. So I Am Lucky Hopefully This Will Be My Last One Tho As I Hope To Be Pregnant Soon And Also I Forgot How Painful They Can Be. The Pill Really Does Ease Your Symptoms.

Hi Every1 I Need Some Help As To Basal Body Temperature. What Exactly Happens???????? Will My Temperature Drop Prior To Ovulation Then Start To Climb Back Up Again?????? And Also Will It Be A Big Enough Drop For Me To Notice.

Not all women have a drop in BBT temp before ovulation. There will be a rise in temps after ovulation. It should stay high until you get your AF.

Mmm....Well my AF came!! So seems I will have a 33 day cycle off BFP. I have also started charting. Today is CD1 - lets see if I can keep it up. I've not told DH I'm charting though - he just would not get it !! LOLLOL. I'ts my secret.....for now!! LOLLOL

Sorry to hear the :witch: got you scotchbonnet.

I'm new to this but a friend suggested I look on a forum. I came off BCP at the end of June to TTC and haven't had a period since. I was on it for 11years and the doctor has said it could take up to a year for things to start again. They checked my hormone levels which have come up low which suggests they are doing nothing before they remember that they're supposed to be doing something! At least looking on this forum I don't feel like I'm the only one going through this sort of thing. It's just a bit annoying not being able to do anything about it.

HI HUN I KNOW ITS HARD BUT ITS JUST A WAITING GAME. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING WAITING FOR THE :witch: TO ARRIVE. BEING ON THE PILL STOPS YOU OVULATING SO NOW YOU HAVE STOPPED BCP YOU JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR YOUR BODY TO KICK START AND START RELEASING EGGS AGAIN, WHICH CAN TAKE UP TO SIX MONTHS+ . DON'T WORRY HUN THE :witch: WILL GET YOU SOON.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->