TTC after taking Cerazette

MrsP

Mummy to Eleanor & Henry
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new on here and could really do with someone to talk to.

I came off of my pill, Cerazette on 1st January as my husband and I are try to conceive our first child. Although everyone is different and I appreciate that could anyone tell me if they have used Cerazette or an alternative POP and how long it takes roughly to leave your system?

I have read so many threads about people and this pill and how badly it has effected their periods, I am now worrying too. Which is also going to slow the process down.

heya hun n welcome i was on cerazette for 3 months n had no periods but they did arrive a month after comin off but it took us 13months 2 fall preg but we had other issues aswell, fingers crossed it doesnt take u long xxxx

Hey Angel,

Thanks for the welcome.

It's nice to have other people to talk to who know what the hell you mean.

I was on it for just over a year with no period at all. 10 days now have been off of it. Bloated as hell and one hell of a back and tummy cramp. Never thought I'd wish for a period so much.

My doctor said to carry on trying regardless of not having a period yet - so ordered some cheap tests on line, otherwise I'll never know!!

aww hun yeh keep trying, i was havin periods every 3 months and managed 2 fall preg between periods without even knowing, sadly we miscarried xx

Ok hon I'm sorry to hear that.

Are you continuing to try now, sorry if you don't mind me asking? x x

I just seem to be eat, sleep and dreaming pregnancy, I can't seem to think of anything else. I don't know what has come over me. x x x

i took cerazette for 5 months i put on 2 stone and i've not been able to budge the weight, i cant diet now cuz i am preggers. lol, it took me 7 months to have regular periods again, and ive always been like clock work! 28 day cycles. like you said b4 everyone is different so give it a while relax, the more you worry, the worse it seems. did anyone else have added weight gain from cerazette???

ty yeh but casually if u know wat u mean, its been 2 years since i came off the pill we m/c in april,

ttc is a thing that can control u which it has done me but we r also planning opur wedding so takin my mind off it xx

I must say I didn't really have a major weight gain on this pill or any of the other problems that I have read others have had, so been quite lucky in that way. Just no periods, just you know that's common on that pill.

I wish I could bloody have one now though!!! MAy things a bit easier!!!

Good luck with planning your wedding Angel. I got married in October, we had such a lovely day. When's the big day?

ty its june 28th yeh i must admit i shat myself wen reading the forums on cerazette wen i came off it xx

Yes they are no the greatest of effects they can have on you.

I just wish this damn period would hurry. I'm bloated as hell, tired and one hell of an ache in my tummy.

aww hun hope it aint to bad 4u wen she does arrive u never know u may of caught already xx

What in 10 days could it really happen that quickly even without no period or ovulation for that long?

I was in another chat room yesterday and someone recommended a seller on ebay so I bought some tests on there, only ones that are used by NHS, 25 for £1.99 + postage, but I thought they'll do the trick rather than the price of clear blue every time I need to check.

You can have a combination of preg tests or ovulation tests, didn't think was too bad for the price.

depends on ur body hun but i jus realsied on date u came off lol so prob not yet but were ur periods reg b4 pill?? xx

eat a big steak! lol hot waterbottle on the area will thin the blood might help u to come on! u can only try! x x x

Morning girls.

Funny enough had both steak and hotel waterbottle last night, rfelt really crappy and didn't sleep to well either. :cry:

Yes Angel - there were as regular as clock work to the point I could put it down to a time give or take an hour, honest they were that regular. I suppose that what has suprised me now because when I was taking the combined pill as soon as I stopped my period would happen. Think you're right though, probaby body trying to get back to normal. :happydance:

Hi,

I came off of my pill, Cerazette on 1st January as my husband and I are try to conceive our first child. Although everyone is different and I appreciate that could anyone tell me if they have used Cerazette or an alternative POP and how long it takes roughly to leave your system?

I have read so many threads about people and this pill and how badly it has effected their periods, I am now worrying too. Which is also going to slow the process down.

Hi MrsP, I was just wondering if you have had any luck TTC.
I am in the same position as you. I been on Cerazette for about 18 months. My Periods stopped completley. Me and My partner have now decided the time is ready to try for a baby. I've only been off Cerazette for a week. I wasn't sure how long this pill would take to get out of my system and my usual period to return so I decided to do some research on the internet. I was really surprised that there were so many bad reviews, and now i'm started to worry a little bit.
There is no sign of my period yet but it has only been a week.
It would be really good to know how you are getting on.

Louise

I got pregnant whilst i was taking that! x

I got pregnant whilst i was taking that! x

Really.....Well thats certainly good news for me. I've heard so many stories about Cerazette taking ages to get out of your system. I know I shouldn't worry because we've only just started trying but I just can't help it.

I was talking to my Mum who said she has always been really fertile, she fell pregnant very soon after she stopped taking the pill (it wasn't cerazette) I'm just hoping i'm the same.

I hope everything goes well for you. x

Hi Mrs P,

I have justcome off the Cerezette pill 6 days ago and no sign of period yet, you said your doctor told you to keep trying regardless, you think it will be ok?

amy x

Hey Angel,

Thanks for the welcome.

It's nice to have other people to talk to who know what the hell you mean.

I was on it for just over a year with no period at all. 10 days now have been off of it. Bloated as hell and one hell of a back and tummy cramp. Never thought I'd wish for a period so much.

My doctor said to carry on trying regardless of not having a period yet - so ordered some cheap tests on line, otherwise I'll never know!!

Hi Louise,

im in he same situation as you. you posted it in feb. did you keep ttc whilst not having your periodS?

amy x

Hi,

Hi MrsP, I was just wondering if you have had any luck TTC.
I am in the same position as you. I been on Cerazette for about 18 months. My Periods stopped completley. Me and My partner have now decided the time is ready to try for a baby. I've only been off Cerazette for a week. I wasn't sure how long this pill would take to get out of my system and my usual period to return so I decided to do some research on the internet. I was really surprised that there were so many bad reviews, and now i'm started to worry a little bit.
There is no sign of my period yet but it has only been a week.
It would be really good to know how you are getting on.

Louise

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->