TTC after taking Cerazette

i had my 1st bleed after this pill and i was heavy for 9 days then i bled 14days later. i ovulated a few days ago and im in my 2 ww.

btw welcome to bnb x

Thank you.

Did you have any problems when on cerazette??

Also if you do not mind me asking were you on Cerazette prior to your first 2 children??

xx

thought i would update my story, i came off cerazette on 12th nov, had 1st af 51 days later, now on cd37 and even tho FF is saying i have ovd, i really dont think i have. i was on cerazettefor 2 years and microgonyon for 2 yrs before that. hopefully my cycles will get regular soon, it will just take a bit of time. xx

Hi,

I am new on here and could really do with someone to talk to.

I came off of my pill, Cerazette on 1st January as my husband and I are try to conceive our first child. Although everyone is different and I appreciate that could anyone tell me if they have used Cerazette or an alternative POP and how long it takes roughly to leave your system?

I have read so many threads about people and this pill and how badly it has effected their periods, I am now worrying too. Which is also going to slow the process down.

Omg! Exactly the same as me! my fiance and i decided to try this year and i stopped on 1 jan, i had a period on the 24th jan-28th jan and then had a 'false positive' test but the doctor thought that it was more to do with me just having a phantom pregnancy rather than my pill...it shouldnt take you too long to start ure periods again and you start ovulating very soon if you havent already...cerazette is one of the most common pop thats easiest to start conceiving afterwards apparently....good luck!!

Hi Mrs P,

I have justcome off the Cerezette pill 6 days ago and no sign of period yet, you said your doctor told you to keep trying regardless, you think it will be ok?

amy x

Hey Angel,

Thanks for the welcome.

It's nice to have other people to talk to who know what the hell you mean.

I was on it for just over a year with no period at all. 10 days now have been off of it. Bloated as hell and one hell of a back and tummy cramp. Never thought I'd wish for a period so much.

My doctor said to carry on trying regardless of not having a period yet - so ordered some cheap tests on line, otherwise I'll never know!!

it can take over a year. every1s different. im currently
on it. becoz u get it every 6 months. i used to have a
months break between my packs an have a period i always
had a period guarunteed!! depends how ur body reacts to it.
so could take how eva long. an also depends on
how long u been takin the pill for!!

Hey there, im on cerazette at the moment but have been advised by my GP to come off it if I want to have children before i am 25 (im 23 now, 24 in August) Ive been on it for nearly 2 years, and my periods have been all over the place, Id get really heavy ones at first then they started to get lighter, then I'd get hardly anything at all and then id get a really heavy one again. My last period finished on my wedding day in November and I havent had one since, but have had pre mens cramps quite a few times. Im not preggers as have done at least 3 tests! Ive never missed a pill, although i was on antibiotics for about 3 weeks in Dec/Jan and apparently that can affect the pill.

Im thinking of coming off at the beginning of March, How is everyone else using this finding it now that you have come off it?
ITs made me have mood swings and depression and put on weight, so im looking forward to getting rid of that! My GP said it was the only pill I could have as i was overweight at the time of starting to take it. Has anyone heard that?

Been meaning to write on this for a while.

I was on Cerazette for 3 months from Aug-November 08.

It was horrible! It gave me huge mood swings, weird bleeds, spots! When I came off the same again. Loads of PG-like symptoms.

My first cycle off the pill was 40 days to 15th December - I had no withdrawal bleed prior so it was 40 days after taking last pill.

Next cycle was 31 days to 15th January so I was pleased that it had sorted out.

Next AF was due 15th February but I got my BFP instead. Took 3 months in total.

(I was on Cilest for nearly 8 years prior to going on Cerazette. I was only on it a short time but it mucked my system up so much I was sure it had done damage. Turned out I was wrong!)

Good luck with TTC and I hope you get your BFP soon!

I was on it for ages - it took a couple of months after I came off for my BFP, but I always bled while taking it, rather than some women who completely lost their periods.

I miss cerazette and intend to go straight back on it afterwards.

Hi all,

I am new to all of this but could really do with some help, basically I have recently come off cerezette after being on it for 2 and half years, my husband and I already have to girls age 4 yrs and 3 years, but are wanting another hopefully for a Boy lol

I finished my last pill on 7th of feb and i would say i come on on the 13th feb lasting roughly about 5 days, i also started taking folic acid on tuesday 10th as its suppose to help, could anyone please tell me if this is all normal and roughly how long it can take to concieve?

many thanx

Honey:hug:

well your lucky to get a bleed straight away, it took me 51 days to get my first bleed then it took another 41 days for my 2nd. hopefully this one will be much more regular....

the question as to how long can it take to conceive is like .. how long is a piece of string? some people catch real quickly after coming off bcp, others it just takes a little longer. good luck on your TTC journey, hope its a short stay here! xx

Thanx for that,

would you say it was a proper bleed as i am so unsure, i have read so much bad feed back on cerazette that it is kinda worrying!!!

plus i dont know when i ovulate or nothing, i think that when dont plan for a baby it comes to you so much easier then when u do plan

hope it works out for you

:hug: Honey

if it was 5 days red blood then yes, i would say it would have probably been a propper bleed, i know when i first came off the pill i scared my self stupid, still do. you should by some ovulation prediction tests, and taking your temperature and charting it on fertility friend will help determine wether u have ovd or not... i still think my body is adjusting from 3 months ago xx

Hi all

I'm new on here but have read practically every thread on the site. I stopped taking cerazette on 24th jan and got what i'm thinking is my first proper af on day 37. I'm thinking its my first proper one coz it lasted 4 days but all seemed quite old and dark. I'm hoping that it was my body clearing itself out ready to be nice and fertile this month.

I was on cerazette for bout 5 months and on depo for few years before that so haven't had period for bout 4 years. Came off depo coz was thinking of ttc in future. When i stopped taking cerazette i read all the horrible stories about it and got very worried it would take forever to get my body back to normal. Been feeling terrible last few weeks. Massively tired and past few days nausious. Think it may be hormones getting back to normal.

Any words of wisdom or advice would be greatly appreciated. XXX

Hi all

I'm new on here but have read practically every thread on the site. I stopped taking cerazette on 24th jan and got what i'm thinking is my first proper af on day 37. I'm thinking its my first proper one coz it lasted 4 days but all seemed quite old and dark. I'm hoping that it was my body clearing itself out ready to be nice and fertile this month.

I was on cerazette for bout 5 months and on depo for few years before that so haven't had period for bout 4 years. Came off depo coz was thinking of ttc in future. When i stopped taking cerazette i read all the horrible stories about it and got very worried it would take forever to get my body back to normal. Been feeling terrible last few weeks. Massively tired and past few days nausious. Think it may be hormones getting back to normal.

Any words of wisdom or advice would be greatly appreciated. XXX

dark brown blood normally indicates old blood after taking the bcp especcially cerazatte u normaly experiance withdrawal bleeding which is normall very dark and old and can last a good few days i would consider a red medium bleed as a true flow for at least 4 days, my friend had withdrawal bleeding and within 2 weeks if i remeber rightly she had a full af with red blood, hope this helps rather than confuse..xxxxxxx

yeh i think my withdrawel bleeding lasted ages - a good 2 weeks i think... i kept thinking af was coming and it wasnt! so frustrating! x

Thanks girls this whole getting pregnant lark is so confusing! You spend years and years getting advice and trying not to get pregnant you never really realise how much there is involved in actually getting yourself pg. Oh well i'm gunna try and stay positive n get BDing with DH and see what happens (Hope the acrynoms r right and i haven't just said something totally wierd). Sending positive baby vibes to everyone. How you all doing?

thanks Han, im good thank you, just waiting impatiently lol my first cycle after cerazette was 52 days, 2nd cyle was 41 days and this was im currently on my 22nd day, so fingers crossed my cycles getting shorter. hope you get back to "normal" soon xxxxxx

I know what you mean..i am so impatient too! I have read the nice stories on this thread so hoping i'll have one of those and can write about a BFP (or at least a decent cycle) on here soon. Good luck to you. Hoping i read about a BFP for you on here later in the month. XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->