TTC and endometriosis :(

Cool - Heeyyy nice to hear you feeling better :) Thats great, some good relaxation really helps, a walk, activity, yoga. Happy to hear there are plans for the future for you. Do keep us posted. x

Thanks guys for your kind words, it really helps to be able to share this with people who understand what I'm going through.

Cool Yes, ubiquinol is a type of coenzyme Q10 - it's supposed to be a more potent form of it (the less active form is ubiquinone). It's not cheap but hopefully it's worth a try. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Take the time before your next IVF to do as much as you can to optimise things, especially 3 months before you start because it takes that long for the egg to develop (or something like that). It's very tricky to decide own egg vs donor egg when cost is a factor, it's such an individual choice.

I saw another doctor yesterday for a second opinion about what to do next. she suggested DHEA - a bit controversial as there's postive and negative stories (and my other doctor was against it), but I've decided to order it and try. also going to try omega 3 fish oil and maybe vitamin D as well.

Yearning how are you doing? You have a good attitude to never give up, this might be your lucky time. Good luck for your scan

Heart, I have a strong feeling this will be your lucky time. I am praying for you. This thread needs a bfp, you be the first one so that we can follow you :)
Gold, it's good that you have shifted to different doc. I was about to tell you about vitamin d, I read once that if you have low vit d it contributes to low amh ( I have low vit d ). My new doc gave me dhea, I had read that ladies with endo should not take it. But now I have decided to trust my new doc and have started with dhea. You can have a look at this link before you go for your next ivf
https://natural-fertility-info.com/increase-egg-health
I am just praying that I can go for one round of ivf with my eggs. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Cool I think I read the same thing about endo ladies not taking DHEA! I asked my second doctor about it and she wasn't concerned. I've ordered my DHEA so we should compare our thoughts on it after we start taking it (I will start on 3x25 mg/day by the way). Oh I do hope you can find a way to do another round with your own eggs. I'm not sure how old you are but if you're under 35 you have a much better chance since your eggs are considered "young", even if you have low egg reserve!

Gold - Awww we are here for you whenever you need us. I hope the omega 3 fish oil/vitamin D works for you and the DHEA, anything I hope something works for you. How does the DHEA work? Pills? If so, how long?

Cool - Awww thanks cool, I really hope this is my lucky time. Yeah I have heard a lot of people saying apparently first time IVF usually fails because its new for the body, so have hope for the second round. I hope you can have another go and yes totally I agree, everyone deserves a second chance!

- Today will be 3rd day of Menopur injection (In the evening) Last night the injection killed! The dosage goes down a little today. Anyhow for some reason I feel so different this round of IVF. In my first IVF I was so happy, and excited and cried of happiness and nervousness just a little, but this time I dont know why I just feel so down, I cry after the injection, no reason just feel so emotional. :-(

I wanted to ask something quick - During your IVF did you discuss it with anyone for like support or just to get off the chest if you know what I mean?

- I havent spoken to anyone properly about my IVF and keep thinking if I should, I kind of want to, you know have someone to speak to in person.

(I dont know if I asked this already in this forum)

Gold, after my ivf failed, I consulted 2 different doctors ( 1 being the one I am consulting at present) and both told me to take dhea. My doctor told me to take 25mg, 3 times a day. I have already started it. I am also planning to take fish oil. I am 32 at present but by the time I can go for my 2nd round of ivf I will be 33 :( Wish I was little younger.

Heart, I know taking intramuscular injection is painful ( I was taking it) but just few more days and once you have a baby everything will be worth it. Ivf is such a rollercoaster, I am still recovering from my heartache. My dh was against me sharing it with anyone except my parents so I have not shared with my friends. But if you want to share it with anyone go ahead and talk with someone who can understand you. I meet one of my childhood friend yesterday for a cup of coffee. She came with her 2 years old daughter. I hugged her baby and my heart was melting out. She asked me when I am planning a baby and I pretended that at present I am too busy with my life and not thinking about baby. I came home and cried and cried :( infertility is so tough. It's killing me everyday. I know you have to talk with someone besides your dh.
About dhea, it's a pill. It's suppose to increase your amh. You are suppose to take for at least 3 months.

Cool - :hugs::hugs::hugs: Awwww I know IVF is a big struggle mentally and physically and your right no matter what pain we go through, when we have a baby in our arms we will forget that struggle so hold on tight and look forward to the future.

Sometimes I feel like telling a friend, but then keep changing my mind. Sometimes you just need to speak to a girl friend, women's feeling are very much different to men or they just show it different. I spoke to a friend yesterday who told me that she is pregnant with her 4th child who she conceived too quick after her 3rd child so due to that and few health problems she is going to have an abortion. I felt so sad to hear that. Here we are struggling like mad for a baby and there are people who are having abortion. I know she has good reasons mainly because of health issues but it just makes you ponder that everyone's struggle is different.

All this will be worth it ladies! Stay positive and stay strong and know what is best for you will be for you! Wishing all you the best!! xxxxxxxx

Yearning I totally understand about being emotional the second time around, believe me I had random days when I burst into tears after doing an injection and other days I was fine. I told 2 friends for my first IVF but told no one in real life for all the other ones (my boss is the only person who knows I've done 4 rounds but don't really discuss it in detail, all she knows is that it hasn't gone well). I feel like I can't tell anyone in real life because I don't think they would understand, I actually have 2 friends who did IVF but both got lots of eggs and BFP on first round. I know what you mean, I'd love to speak to a friend about this but my best friends all have kids and it's hard to talk to people who have not faced similar fertility problems! Maybe you could see a counsellor? I've made an appt to do that soon

Cool I think DHEA is much more accepted in the US than it is in the UK. it's not licensed in the UK so the doctors don't really prescribe it, they just advise or give you their opinion about it. Many clinics here do not actually recommend it! but I feel desperate and need to try something. I know you're sad to be 33 for your next round of IVF, but just be glad you're on the right side of 35!

Gold - Thanks for that lovely advice. I dont have a friend who is in my situation other than one but I dont trust her, all the rest of my friends are either not married, newly married or mothers. Can you believe it just the other day one of my friend was shocked that there are even pills to help with fertility, as in some mothers are completely clueless of life of the infertility women which is fine I guess. Anyhow yeah I will look into counseling, sometimes I just find it so hard and other times Im alright. I will see how it is next few days. Thanks again, its no nice to be able to come here and speak to you ladies who understand. Here I am complaining of second round IVF, I dont know how you did it Gold! You really deserve a baby after all this struggle. I hope your dreams come true. x

Gold, Are you taking vit d or d3 and what dose ? I read wheatgrass is good, do you have any idea?

Heart, when is your u/s. How is your pain. Hope the pain has reduced.

Cool - Hi, I have a scan tomorrow. I think I will start the Cetrotide injections tomorrow. Lets see. So far the Menopur injection does hurt but I am able to bear it. Hope you are doing well. xx

Yearning :hugs: I'm here for you just as you are for me :) I can't bring myself to tell my closest friend about my IVF, she thinks you just have your eggs extracted and boom, it works. I hinted at the number of tests, scans and multiple daily injections, not to mention general anaesthetic for egg collection, and I think she was quite surprised at how complex it was. BTW I probably sound a lot tougher online than I do in real life! For example, yesterday I was feeling fine and then as I was brushing my teeth before bed it hit me suddenly and I just bawled my head off. Poor hubby was shocked!

Cool I just bought vitamin D oral spray, i will take 1 spray daily and it delivers 1000 IU per spray - not sure if that's the correct dose or not! I haven't researched wheatgrass properly so let me know what you find out?

Gold - Awwww I know dont worry. We all do have our momments and it is fine to. Of course we will feel the pain and at times the reminders come and then bring all the tears. Yesterday evening when my husband came home from work I just got so emotional and started crying. My poor husband felt helpless.

By the way reading your post reminds me - I too once upon a time thought baby making is easy, just intercourse and done! I never knew what IVF was or even that fertility treatments, I was absolutely clueless. It was only when I was going through it I was learning. Now I feel like an expert in IVF! lol

When my dh told me we should try for a baby 3 yrs back, he had to talk me into it because I thought I was not prepared to have a baby that point of my life and more over it will just take me 3/4 cycles to get pg whenever I decide to have a baby. 2.5 yrs, one failed ivf, and doc telling me I have a very low chance of getting pregnant with my own eggs the scenario has changed so much :( . I told my dh I am glad he talked me into ttc otherwise I would have started ttc now and by the time I would have moved to ivf my amh would have been -1 :( .

Heart, keep us posted about your scan. Did you discuss about your ivf with anyone ?

Gold, I will do some research about wheatgrass and let you know. I totally get you, sometime I am so normal and the next moment I am crying. I am going through one of my darkest phase in my life. I need a vacation now but I want to save all our money for ivf. It's so sad we can't afford a vacation also. I am planning to visit my cousin in Chicago during fall and at present that is the only vacation I can afford.

Yearning you're right, I suppose I didn't realise how involved IVF is either before i did it myself. I mean, I knew about all the injections but I didn't know about all the blood tests and all the little details of testing and scans and hormones... Not to mention all the different type of protocols and AMH levels!! wish it wasn't all so complicated.
Cool I'm sorry you can't afford to go away but it's good that you can visit Chicago at least. One day when you have a baby you won't remember your missed holidays (well I hope so anyway)!

Cool - Heyy how are you? How are you keeping? Hope your well. I agree with you, I wish I started my process with the doctors much earlier but I guess its good that something has started and same with you. :)

Gold - haha yep it is indeed veryy complicated, to be honest I still dont understand the AMH level properly. Within IVF there is so many different types like you said, I am just an expert on the one I have done! lol

No updates for me ladies, still on the stims. Iv been on the stims for 13 days now. I have another scan on Friday, hopefully they see eggs and give me an egg collection date.

Hi ladies, how are you all doing? Was really busy last few days so could not log in bnb much. Heart, did you have your EC ?

Hi ladies, just thought I'd stop by and send you some positive thoughts. I totally feel your pain...

Dec 2010 started TTC, totally unaware of problems
Feb 2011 period pains got horrendous
April 2011 went to GP about acute intense pain
Sept 2011 finally had ultrasound - large cyst seen on Right ovary, more smaller ones on left
After several cancellations ...
March 2012 lap & dye - diagnosed severe endo, both ovaries pulled down behind retroverted uterus, left tube completely blocked, right tube partially blocked
August 2012 - referred to FS who did ultrasound - endo cysts worse than before
November 2012 Started Decapeptyl injections due to pain
December 2012 - lap #2 - endo worse, both ovaries attached to each other, back of uterus and attached to bowel
April 2013 - IVF #1 5 day transfer, no frosties
May 2013 - BFP
Jan 2014 - baby girl born!

IT CAN HAPPEN

:hugs:

Cool - Hi how are you? Iv missed you :( but yeah its good to keep busy busy, better than wasting time right! No iv not had the EC yet. I have another scan on Monday. hopefully they give the EC date then.

Emily - Awww thanks for that and congratulations on having a baby girl. Your right, it can happen. I hope all those ladies here that got a BFN get a BFP veryy soon. Gold and Cool Im thinking of you guys. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->