Ttc and have so many questions

Wannabemama87

Reaction score
Hello all! I am new to this forum and new to ttc. My husband and I have been trying since May 2013 and I just started using the opk (first response) in July. So here are all of my questions for you ladies who have a lot more experience than myself. My husband and I are both 30 and healthy. At 18 I did have an unplanned pregnancy that resulted in a mc at 6 weeks. A couple years after that I had abnormal Pap smears and had a Leep procedure and cervix biopsy. I have been on the pill for over ten years but now off for over a year. Last month we only bd the day of my +opk due to work sched. This month we bd thurs aug 15 and I had a neg opk. Fri my opk was faint positve (both lines were same color) and no bd. sat aug 17 I had a strong +opk and bd. Sunday +opk no bd and Monday I ran out of opk and no bd. Tuesday aug 20 I had another +opk and we bd that day as well. I am having O symptoms and want to know what you all think my chances are this month based on this info. Also, why did I get +opk all those days when last month I only got +for the two days? Uhhhh this is so confusing!!!!

Welcome sweetie!!! My personal opinion is throw the OPK's away nd just BDing every 2nd to 3rd day at the most for ur whole cycle that way u will always have swimmers waiting when u O.
They become all to stressful nd consuming with OPK's, this is a stressful journey as it is.

As for ur question about several days of POS, it's cause ur body still has the LH in ur system.

Thank you! I know I was thinking that I should toss them next month. It's all I focus on and it's driving me crazy!

I agree with throwing them out and just BDing every 1-3 days! I used the OPKs for my 3 cycles of clomid and they consumed me! That's like all I thought about, and of course stressed over them because they were all negative, all the time! haha .. at least without them, there's other things to focus on!! .. Good luck!!!

I rarely use opks, prefer temping to find out what's going on with my body and when I O. But everything is useless without BD ;)

I agree with the ladies from my own experience it takes longer with opks as it makes you more stressed! I used them with one of my children and that time it took longer to concieve x looking at what you have said I think you covered it fx xxx

:spermy: live about 4 days in side you I think correct me if I'm wrong girls x :dohh:

It's so unusual to see a thread where all the replies are unanimous about NOT using OPKs! How refreshing! I've stopped using OPKs too - they can certainly cause some stress (not to mention a dent in the funds!)

True, and temping is much more natural. I used to use opks, but next month I'll be only temping as it is much more accurate. And for free :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->