Ttc and in uni

Lkg

Reaction score
I'm 24 and have been with my OH for 4 years. We have just decided we are ready to have a baby and I have just stopped my bc.
However, I am in my third year at university which is very intense. I've come off bc now, as I know it can't take a while to get out of your system.
I know it is possible to fall pregnant straight away which we are completely happy with if it happens and will cope with my uni situation.
So basically I was just wondering if anyone else has done uni whilst being pregnant? And any advice they can give?
I know some people may think trying while in uni is crazy but to us it seems the right time as we are desperate to start trying and I know if we wait and it takes a while I will regret it :/

I thought it would take a while when I stopped the pill. I was pregnant straight away! Not when I was at uni though, I was waaaay too drunk then to think about babies.

i wasnt in uni when I fell pregnant. but! I did have a bunch of stuff going on at the time that caused incredible amounts of stress (my dad had a heart attack, immigration issues, had to give birth alone in a hospital where i didnt speak the language...without my OH....lots of stress.) and i managed :) you can do amazing things when you need to! as long as you want the baby, you can do anything! the baby keeps you going :)

i will say though, due to all the stress i ended up with post natal depression. but I did have 'mild' depression to begin with and i arguably had more...emotional stress than mental or physical :)

a baby gives you something to work for :) if you want the baby and feel ready, go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->