TTC and need input! Detailed thread

29andtrying

Reaction score
The ultimate question is what are our odd in becoming PG in the next 6 months?

I am 29 and my hubby is 40. Neither of us have children but after 7 years of being devoted to one-another we decided a year ago it was time to start trying. For the last year we tried off and on but did not track OV or take any extra steps to pinpoint... well.. anything!

Here is my background: I was on Depo for 10 years and discontinued use 2 years and 2 months ago (no periods at all during this time). I am a smoker but I have switch over to home grown tobacco for the last year and minimized my habit. I drank every weekend socially up until 3 months ago. I have had a healthy diet mostly consisting of the GI Diet (LOTS of veggies/fruit, little red meat, lots of fish and chicken, high fiber, low fat, high protein, low sodium, low sugar, minimal processed foods) for 3 years now and am able to maintain a healthy weight and exercise regularly. I don't know the technical term for it but when I was 18 I had a procedure for HPV where they froze my cervix and I have had normal paps ever since (no HPV in 11 years). I have a very normal and to-the-day consistent 24 day cycle, of which started right back up after Depo shot was due July 4th 2011 (started on the 5th). Periods may be on the heavy side with clotting 3 days and 4th day it fades away completely. Started OV tests a few months ago and my LH surge always happens the 10th day from the 1st day of my period. I have been taking pre-nadel vitamins for 3 months. I'm pretty sure I can even feel OV on day 11. Its a slight cramping that seems to jump from right to left every other month which is an odd feeling since I have never felt this before while being on Depo most of my adulthood.

Hubby is very active and on the same diet as I with the exception of a larger daily quantity of meat consumption. Smoker and drinker like myself as stated above. Had gotten a woman pregnant in the past about 10 years ago. Have not checked his sperm count. Currently is taking Folic Acid, B12, Zinc and Calcium daily for 3 months.

We: do not use lube and if we need assistance we use canola oil. All of our body soaps and lotions are organic. I stay laying down for at least 30 minutes after intercourse if not the entire night. Hubby does not masturbate during our window from day my period ends for 7 days. LOL... We do not drink at all 2 weeks prior to my LH surge. We have even added asparagus, pumpkin seeds and beans to our daily diet... oh boy.. lots of beans and interesting smells going around this house.

So there it is... I know this is pretty detailed but I'm just dying to know if anyone out there can help us boost our odds given all the info above? Are there any fertility boosters the hubby or I should start taking? Any tricks in the bedroom we should consider? Natural herbs? Any special 'good juju' rituals like spin in circles for 1 minute, kiss 3 times, jump up and down twice, chug a glass of water and then jump into bed? LOL We are willing to try ANYTHING that this point!!! I mean it anything!! I have even eaten Balut!
Thank you in advance to anyone who has any input!

I would definitely start temping and charting to be sure you are ovulating- and that its when you think you are. A pos opk shows a surge- but doesn't confirm that you have actually ovulated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->