TTC and weaning

autumnal

Reaction score
I'm currently weaning my 16mo. She hasn't nursed in like a week but I have expressed a small amount from one breast because I have a little blockage. All of a sudden I'm getting awful cramps. They feel like ovulation cramps but worse but I'm only cd 12 and I usually ovulate from CD 19-22. Anyone else got cramps from weaning or could it be a weird cycle? I haven't done any temping or opks because this will be our first cycle ttc and I was going to start all that next month!

It could be the changes in your body caused by weaning have brought on early ovulation.

It could be the changes in your body caused by weaning have brought on early ovulation.
You may be correct, I did some opks after all because it was so odd to me, and I got a positive on CD 14 , my earliest ever .. no more positive opk since then.. very interesting!!

I expect it'll take a full cycle or two to see what your new normal is

I expect it'll take a full cycle or two to see what your new normal is
Has something similar happened to you after your kids? I appreciate the insight from people who have been through this several times before! My cycle was pretty much the same after having my first child.

Not this exact problem but I've had changes to my cycle over the years. They reckon that a pregnancy 'resets' your body so it can cause you to have a different cycle from what you're used to, either for a while or permanently

It took 2 months for my periods to come back after my son.
I find these periods are a lot more crampy but don't know if that's cause I had a c section this time around or because 2nd child

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->