TTC at 41

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive Over 35' started by RhianneNancy, Mar 17, 2021.

1. RhianneNancy

RhianneNancy Member

Yeah think it’s not happening now as I seem to be bleeding more and have some cramps . We will try again. Does anyone know what happens in terms of hormones when this happens? I mean, will i just end up having a normal cycle now? Once the bleeding stops will I ovulate as I normally do in other cycles?

2. Bevziibubble

Bevziibubble Well-Known Member

3. crazylilth1ng

crazylilth1ng Well-Known Member

Hi... I’m sorry to see how it’s turned out this month. After my chemicals I’ve ovulated as normal taking day 1 of bleeding and CD 1.

I am 40 and ttc too. I’m not listening to statistics and just getting on with it. I’m 10dpo today but have no tests till Saturday when the ones I ordered arrived.

good luck for next month.

RhianneNancy likes this.
  4. RhianneNancy

RhianneNancy Member

Hi, thank you . I am sad but I’m just going to move forward and hope that we are lucky in the future. I am with you about not listening to statistics, just see what happens. With each new cycle there is opportunity . Hope that you get a peak Opk soon and go on to get a bfp. Best wishes and baby dust

5. FTale

FTale Hope

Hi, so very sorry.

I was hoping your line would get darker. Depending on how early the loss is you can go right back into your cycle.

My last loss which was yeara ago took almost 6weeks because hcg kept growing after bleeding and no pregnancy good be foun in uterus. So I received two methotrexate shots and got down to an hcg of less than 5.

But I was getting strong lines while bleeding and even after I stopped.

Fx your body bounces back fast though I know mentally it may take a bit. Big hugs

6. RhianneNancy

RhianneNancy Member

Hello, thank you for your thoughtful comments and for sharing your own experience. I am so sorry that you had to experience a loss.
    I don’t think my HCG levels are high at all as I only got a very faint positive on the pregnancy test at 16dpo and then unfortunately I began to bleed on 17dpo. That has continued and has been just like a normal period for me. I have been using LH strips the last few days, to monitor and I haven’t noticed any line. Today is CD5 and the bleeding appeared to stop, which correlates with my usual periods. I’m really hoping that I ovulate as usual this month and hopefully get a bfp. It’s hard as I’m worried it will happen again but I feel optimistic about continuing TTC. I have read some information that says that after a chemical pregnancy your fertility can be very high. So who knows.
    Thank you again for sharing and best wishes to you.

7. FTale

FTale Hope

Thank you and I've heard the same.

I think about cd 7 or 8 you might start to see hints of a line on your LH strips. Normally mine start to pick up better at cd 10.

Please keep us posted on how its going. I need to get more LH strips as it looks like I will be going into a new cycle by the weekend.

Fx for you!!!