TTC baby no.2... Last time was a surprise!

Missalisha001

Reaction score
Hi, I've just come off the pill and had my WB. We're now in full TTC swing and I'm just looking for someone who may be in a similar position as me. I have a nearly 3 year old and last time I got pregnant after missing just a few pills! (A week at best due to snow making me miss my Drs appointment).
So obviously last time, we didn't try, and I've got no idea what signs to look for? Most articles seems dismissive of those who have just come off the pill, but I don't see the harm in trying straight away.
So... Ovulation... When have others ovulated after taking the pill, when should I test and what symptoms am I looking for?

Thank you in advance x

Hi there, I'm currently on cycle 1, CD2 TTC #2. I was on mini pill & stopped it around 3 week back. AF came with force 🙁, I can only assume it's due to stopping pill. I've started tempin this cycle as I'm totally unsure if/when I will OV.

FX'd we both get out BFP this cycle

G x

Hi there, I'm currently on cycle 1, CD2 TTC #2. I was on mini pill & stopped it around 3 week back. AF came with force 🙁, I can only assume it's due to stopping pill. I've started tempin this cycle as I'm totally unsure if/when I will OV.

FX'd we both get out BFP this cycle

G x

Hey! Thanks for replying, how are you recording temp? Are you using a Basal thermometer. It's a whole new world to me, today I've been googling whether I should lay on my back after sex! :blush:😂
Yeah my fingers are crossed you xx

I've just been using a digital thermometer, I used one on those when TTC last time round & it work fine! They do say that the bbt thermometer gives you a more accurate result. And I've just been chatting it on Fertility Friend.

I'm the same I seem to be on google a lot these days.

My AF has calmed down a lot today, thank gosh! This has been my worse AF in years.

We you doing anything else, like checking CM or that?x

My fellow ttc number 2 mummies! :) I have a two year old and we've just decided to actively ttc. I'm in my tww at the moment, 9dpo :o

Missa I stopped the pill a few years ago and had an odd and confusing six week cycle, where I had my first period quite quickly, then must have ov'd very late because I thought my period was two weeks later but it was probably just late ov.
So just be prepared that the next couple of cycles might be a bit strange and hard to track. I suggest going on amazon and ordering yourself 'cheapie ovulation sticks', there should be 30-50 in a pack for about £5, that way you can just test every day until you start getting darker lines on them and then can use your clear blue ov test or whatever you've chosen. I personally don't temp and rely on positive ov tests and my ewcm. Hope this is helpful :)

My fellow ttc number 2 mummies! :) I have a two year old and we've just decided to actively ttc. I'm in my tww at the moment, 9dpo :o

Missa I stopped the pill a few years ago and had an odd and confusing six week cycle, where I had my first period quite quickly, then must have ov'd very late because I thought my period was two weeks later but it was probably just late ov.
So just be prepared that the next couple of cycles might be a bit strange and hard to track. I suggest going on amazon and ordering yourself 'cheapie ovulation sticks', there should be 30-50 in a pack for about £5, that way you can just test every day until you start getting darker lines on them and then can use your clear blue ov test or whatever you've chosen. I personally don't temp and rely on positive ov tests and my ewcm. Hope this is helpful :)

Hi mumma, I've git my FX for you that you get you BFP this cycle

G x

Awh thank you! My hubby is being silly because we were more ntnp this cycle but he wants to actively ttc from next cycle (we didn't with our first) so he says he'll be grumpy if I'm already pregnant haha. I don't think I'll mind ;p
How are you doing?

Awh thank you! My hubby is being silly because we were more ntnp this cycle but he wants to actively ttc from next cycle (we didn't with our first) so he says he'll be grumpy if I'm already pregnant haha. I don't think I'll mind ;p
How are you doing?

My other half was the exact same my AF came 3 weeks after I finished the pill she I had bought a test just to test on the safe side as we had had s few missed pills before, and he was like surely your not pregnant already we've not even been trying!

Men just don't understand the stress & effort we put in to it all . x

Hi :wave: I'm ttc #2 with DD being a surprise 6 years ago! I came off the pill nearly a year ago but we hadn't been trying until last month. We are somewhere between ntnp and ttc, really. I'm going to give it a few months of general cycle tracking and if it does not work, I'll look at temping. I currently use a period tracking app and monitor my cm. I'm CD10 and due to O middle of next week.

Good luck and baby dust to all!

Hehe yeah I guess, he only means it light heartedly though.

Hi Ceri :) sounds like we're doing a similar kind of relaxed approach for now. I hope it doesn't get to needing to temp and all that heh. I bet your dd will be an amazing big sister. How long did you breastfeed her for? (It says in your signature hehe) I really miss breastfeeding, that might have been my favourite part.

I'm quite crampy and my nipples are sore and I had a bad headache and tiredness today (day 9) but I feel like this is normal really. Testing on Tuesday x

Thanks mumma! I'm hoping I'll get lucky and get a sticky bean without too much trying. Here's hoping anyway!!

DD will love it! She loves babies and always asks for a little sister 😂 I do try to say about a brother but she's pretty set on a girl!

I loved BFing! I did it for nearly 11 months and DD more or less weaned herself off. It felt like I was doing it more for me than her so we just stopped. The first 3 weeks was really hard but looking forward to doing it again- soon, hopefully!

Not long for your testing 😁 Good luck Hun!

Saame xD still though.. technically it would be much better for our situation if I got pregnant more like October/November.. but we can't wait anymore! What will be will be eh :)

My dd is obsessed with babies too, although she's not old enough to notice gender yet so hopefully she won't mind hehe. I'm sure your girl will be happy either way in the end!

Aww some of them just do that hehe. We fed till 18 months before I had to stop because I needed more sleep to cope with work, but she didn't mind :p I miss it a lot. Yeah the first couple of weeks are definitely the hard bit x

I want to test nooww, I'm so impatient. I'm determined to get to 12 days though and I refuse to use a frer because I always get false positives so just cheap and cheerful ones for me, then if I'm getting clear lines I'll treat myself to some clear blue haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->