TTC & Bathing/Swimming...info.

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
Hey,
remember the post where I was wondering if it was bad to swim/bathe when TTC? Well, I am looking into IUI, and was reading about the procedure on the website of the fertility clinic where I would be getting this procedure (if anyone is interested in reading it, it is the Victoria Fertility, in British Columbia). Here is one line from the procedure that they recommend for their patients after the procedure...which IUI, is only washed sperm injected into the uterus, so isn't much different than the old fashioned way of doing things...

You will
then be able to resume routine regular activities, though will be encouraged to avoid
excessive exercise, swimming or bathing for a couple of days.

That confirms it...no swimming or bathing for me while TTC!!!

wow!
i always wonder about the bath thing ...i take a bath every night !!! i am glad you posted this ...i am in the middle of "O" ...only shower for me !!!

Thanks for the info, but i need to cycle to work :hissy: think this would affect things ??

Will defo shower when O even though our shower is crap.

Oops, sorry Jasmak I promised to get back to you on this one as I had read it somewhere, altho not directly related to your query re washing swimmers out...

In Zita Wests book she makes 2 references to swimming...

1) Whilst having af, says you shouldn't swim as the makes the lower abdomen too cold and at this time the abdomen should be kept warm as its our bodies way of refreshing ready for a new cycle.

2) Whilst ttc swimming should be avoided as chlorine can affect fertility - now this one I find hard to believe. The dose thats in the pool surely is not harmful enough to impact???

Anyway just thought I'd finally get back to you, sorry for delay!!! xxx.

ladies, I wonder if anyone has any more info or views on swimming while TTC? It's generally a gentle type of exercise good for your back etc but I wonder if it can dry up your CM considering the amount of chlorine in our swimming pools. also I wonder if swimming in cold water is good during TWW while we are supposed to be warm. I am generally always cold so I usually try to swim as fast as I can in order to keep warm in the swimming pool but I do enjoy swimming and badly need some exercise. Having said that I do not want really want to do anything that can remotely affect our chances

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->