Ttc but feeling confused

Bfromoc86

Reaction score
My husband and I have been ttc for 8 months now with no luck. We knew it would take time since I have PCOS but my periods have been regular (28-31) days for 2 years without meds or bc.
I am now cd 54 and still no af. I've taken several pregnancy tests that have all come back bfn as well as a urine test at the Dr on cd 50 that was also negative.
I had accepted that I am not pregnant this time and Was waiting for af but things just aren't normal. I am bloated, emotional, I have gained 5 lbs yet diet and exercise are the same and my weight never changes that much. The smell of everything is disgusting so Two nights ago out of nowhere I got nauseous and vomited and then felt fine afterwards and same thing again yesterday. Last night my husband surprised me with my favorite wine since all things were negative and the smell/taste made me sick so I couldn't drink it.
If I'm not pregnant why is my body going crazy?? Is my Dr right that there is no way to be cd 50+ with a negative urine test.

Could your doc get bloods done or an ultrasound? At least then if you definitely arent pregnant they can have a lool and see whats going on

He said blood work wouldn't be necessary because at cd54 there's no way to get a negative result.

Have you been tracking ovulation at all to know when you ovulate and to know for sure you ovulated this cycle?

Is this your GP or OBGYN?

I had a positive o test cd16 and it was a new ob (I moved to a new state 7 months ago)

That's rubbish to be honest. I would push for bloods because sometimes for some women their urine just doesn't show positive for them, but bloods will if they're pregnant. Your doctor should know that

He said blood work wouldn't be necessary because at cd54 there's no way to get a negative result.

My GP once gave me a blood test without even having missed AF... I had multiple negative urine tests and one faint positive (turned out to be false) plus symptoms and she said that for some pregnancies urine tests just aren't reliable so wanted to check my blood... I'd definitely push for that too so you know for sure.

This happened to me before, and it was just the pcos unfortunately. You can have regular periods even if you aren’t ovulating too. I went for about three months with no period, after being regular, test was bfn and I had literally every pregnancy symptom (veins on my boobs, nausea, emotional, tired, cold symptoms, bloated, even food cravings), I was absolutely sure I was pregnant; they did end up doing a scan, and it was just the pcos. because it messes with your horomones it can mimic pregnancy symptoms. It’s really cruel. They ended up giving me something to bring on my period - if you request that then they may scan you before prescribing as that’s why they scanned me. Good luck.

My husband and I have been ttc for 8 months now with no luck. We knew it would take time since I have PCOS but my periods have been regular (28-31) days for 2 years without meds or bc.
I am now cd 54 and still no af. I've taken several pregnancy tests that have all come back bfn as well as a urine test at the Dr on cd 50 that was also negative.
I had accepted that I am not pregnant this time and Was waiting for af but things just aren't normal. I am bloated, emotional, I have gained 5 lbs yet diet and exercise are the same and my weight never changes that much. The smell of everything is disgusting so Two nights ago out of nowhere I got nauseous and vomited and then felt fine afterwards and same thing again yesterday. Last night my husband surprised me with my favorite wine since all things were negative and the smell/taste made me sick so I couldn't drink it.
If I'm not pregnant why is my body going crazy?? Is my Dr right that there is no way to be cd 50+ with a negative urine test.

Hi- I was also diagnosed with PCOS and had my menstruation for once or twice a year. My fertility doctor gave me Provera to regulate my period. I got pregnant after 2 years of infertility workup. It was not an easy journey, the ups and downs of infertility was overwhelming. I experienced the frustration of expecting positive results every cycle but turned out negative.

I want to encourage not to give up, please talk to your doctor and request for blood works. I think blood-work is more accurate than using pregnancy strip.
I pray that you will have your heart‘s desire to have a child. Please update us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->